Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Why am I bored of snow?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve always loved snowy winters, but this year I can’t wait for Spring to bring some sunshine and warmth into my life. Is it because we’ve had the crap weather without all the nice blue sky days to enjoy?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Because your old.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Even the though the incessant “we’re all gonna die” snow updates do my crust in I do like the snow.

The incessant rain of last year on the other hand. To me it’s like we’ve had a 3 season long Winter.

*end of whinge*

binners

You’re bored of it because, prior to the snow, we’d had what feels like 1000 days of consecutive, torrential rain. You’re just bored with wet stuff, of one form or another, falling relentlessly from the sky. And because you haven’t seen sunshine in what seems like years

Believe me, you are not on your own. I’m completely ****ed off with it now! 🙁

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I don’t recall being so fed up of it last year. If I remember it came, hung around for longer, then went. This year it comes, it goes, it comes again…

I think watching the Basque MTB film on Midweek Movies has had a negative effect on me 😆

jfletch
    Free Member

Its because even the snow is shit snow.

If it snowed and then stayed cold and crisp for a couple of weeks then it would be lovely. Paths would be compacted and grippy, roads would be clear and dry.

But this is bit really proper snow, its wet drizzle, so it come and goes and its still wet all the times and the trails are still a big bog, but unlike in the summer they are a big cold bog. Minging.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why am I bored of with snow?

Where did you school?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Because your you’re old.

🙄

rocketman
    Free Member

I’m completely ****ed off with it now!

[quote]…because even the snow is shit snow.[/quote]
    + several million

If I never see snow again it’ll be too soon

bigyinn
    Free Member

At least last year the first quarter was actually rather nice. Warm and very dry. I recall dusty trails last march. Not this year!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Where did you school?

Bored of / bored with – both are correct.
    So is: bored by. Being bored at snow is
    not correct however, because snow is ace.

richmtb

Because what we get isn’t actually snow.

Its just sleet with ideas above its station.

simmy
    Free Member

I’m fed up with it, just had to call work off for today as its sticking to the main roads now.

sugdenr
    Free Member

If you don’t want it anymore, what’s the p&p for boxing it up and sending it to me?

piemonster

I actually had an excellent sun tan for most of last year. All of which from Scotland.

darrell
    Free Member

try living in Norway

doug_basqueMTB.com

Sorry stilltortoise, I didn´t mean to put a bummer on anyone´s winter. Here was this time last winter, with snow!
    [video]http://www.vimeo.com/37578610[/video]

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Doug, why is the sky blue? Is that normal? 😉

Bunnyhop

It’s snowing now and I love it. Love it I tell you. Can’t get enough.

However it would be better if it was deep enough to sledge or ski on, there’s only 1cm out there at present.

binners

You should come over here Bunnyhop! We’ve had a good couple of inches so far, and its still really coming down with a vengence. I’m getting a tad worried about getting home

grum
    Free Member

Why are you bored of snow? Because all the joy has been crushed from your soul.

Pretty sure the ski place in Ogden is open tonight Jane. I can’t go. 🙁

Bunnyhop

binners, just looked out of the window and it is indeed dumping.

Make sure you can get to the race on Saturday.

Grum – still not well enough to ski sadly, other wise it would be a good idea.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Stilltortoise, to be honest it´s not all that normal at this time of the year. It´s why I¨m on my off season just now and have time to post videos on forums 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Jane. Get well soon.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It’s the first year in 38 that I’ve got fed up of snow. Since being a wee nipper I’ve skied or snowboarded and I’ve always enjoyed slithering about on my bike in the snow…and sometimes in the car 🙂

Perhaps it’s the permanent grey sky – rather than the white stuff – that is getting me down.

binners

I normally love it too, but its not been ‘proper’ snow. Its been horrible, wet, slushy stuff that’s immediately frozen into black ice. No fun at all 🙁

Mind you, this at the moment looks like proper snowball fight tackle 😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

waahaaay it’s snowing here – looks like proper snow too, at the golf course near us people will be out ski-ing and i’ll try and get the dog to pull a sledge

rossi46
    Free Member

It’s because of all this IMO

Although i do like to chuck a snowball or seven 😉

alex222
    Free Member

I can’t wait for Spring to bring some sunshine and warmth into my life.

Ahh yes British Summer the stalwart of summers world wide. Remember last year? The greatest wasn’t it?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to Spring, not summer. I’m well aware it’s pointless looking forward to summer. However in recent years we’ve had some stunning Spring weather…for a week or two 🙂

alex222
    Free Member

True. Also some nice Autumnal weather.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Why am I bored of snow?

because it’s rubbish.

a few years ago snow was unusual. Now the novelty has worn off, and you can see it for the massive inconvenience it really is.

and/or…

we don’t get enough to enjoy it properly, y’know, things like xc skiing to work, etc. So maybe your boredom comes from frustration.

matt_outandabout

I am fed up as well. View from our neighbours house webcam…

Bunnyhop

Get well soon.

Aww thanks grum.

Our snow has just turned into sleet about 5 minutes ago and is now heavy rain.

That’s gorgeous Matt ^^

matt_outandabout

It flippin annoying – my staff have spent a day hand digging a mile of driveway and pulling a pile of tourists cars out the ditches on the loch road because of it – instead of proper work.
    Turns out mr_posh_BMW and many mates coming to the hotel for a business meeting brain does not register that a 4″ deep, not ploughed or gritted, single track road, up and down hills and corners *may* be harder to negotiate than normal.
    One of them told my chaps ‘well I did not know what to do, so I carried on’…A suggestion of ‘Turn back?’ was met with surprise as if it was an option. Thankfully I am at home ill, else I may have had a few other words for the imbecile.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’m fed up with hearing about the snow as my little corner of North Devon hasn’t had any. Just rain, seemingly endless fcekin rain. A bit of snow for a few days would have actually been a welcome change. The weather forecast for the rest of the week is for dry weather thankfully but I can’t see things drying out for some time. Getting fed up with the endless bike cleaning, which usually takes place in the rain.

1981miked
    Free Member

I’m fed up with it aswell.. I have never liked it. Makes my job alot harder and more dangerous!

I’m currently stuck on the A96 between Inverurie and Huntly.. Trying to get home to Dundee but stuck on the hill just outside Huntly.. Accident further up road caused by snow, depth of drifts and high winds. I now have very little chance of getting traction to get going now and it ain’t getting any better!

Been here 2 hours already.. Anybody nearby want to bring me a fish supper?? Bloody starving and down to my last cream egg and macaroon bar…

So yes I’m bloody sick of it!! Can’t stand it.. Never have and never will!

Rant over!

Kryton57

Despite dragging myself out as much as possible, it’s finally done me in. I’d planned t ride the Gorrick Aoribg series but its really got to me, and I’ve decided I just don’t have the motivation to make the effort / pay to go racing.

What I need is a extended nice warm to get my adrenaline going so I can enjoy mtb’ing again, rather than thinking of it as a chore :-/

Kryton57

… And just when you thought it was getting better, more snow is forecast for the weekend 😐

molgrips
    Free Member

Yay is all I have to say about that.

Doubt we’ll get any tho. Why the flippin eck do I live in Cardiff?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Why am I bored of snow?’ is closed to new replies.