Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • why a Singular? post yours photos here
  • mollski
    Free Member

hi to all,after comeing on here and looking and learning has im hell bent on building a 29er,why do you think to your singular?there seems to be a lot of happy guys on here with them.whats so good about these bikes?

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t know anyone who has one

postierich
    Free Member

Not all singulars come with odd sized wheels! 🙄
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nzrich/5075750711/]Hummingbird[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

ton

some can justify odd sized wheels

postierich
    Free Member

Did not realise a big wheel is a stronger wheel thought it was just about having an unfair advantage over others with proper mtb wheels 😕

Megatron

I love my Singular. That’s why I intend to shower it with gifts every day! (today I bought it some new brake pads)

rOcKeTdOg

there’s only so much you can buy for a SS though

clubber
    Free Member
    Sam

I’m perhaps not the right person to answer the question of ‘why’ with a degree of objectivity. But what I try to do is create bikes which are clean and simple looking and riding, and are a bit different from most of the other stuff out there. I like riding them, and I’m very gratified that other folks out there do as well.

Action shot from last weekend’s cross race of me on my Kite proto.

Eastern league rd 4 by Singular Cycles, on Flickr

letmetalktomark

Fantastically versatile bikes.

Excellent customer relations.

Only done about 50miles on mine since building her up and am already swung.

Current guise:

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Sam, are you planning to add disk brake mounts to the Kite?

Sam

The Swedish Chef – Member
    Sam, are you planning to add disk brake mounts to the Kite?

No, there certainly won’t be both on the one frame. We may offer a disc version and a canti version.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

We may offer a disc version and a canti version.

Even better, more in keeping with the “clean lines” I associate with your creations. V excited about that prospect.

clubber
    Free Member

Now, that I’d be interested in! Any idea when XL disc only version is likely to be around (just very roughly!) and what sort of price they’re likely to be – eg Swift price or silly Ti prices…

Oh and what rear OLN are you likely to go for – I guess that until the manufacturers actually come up with some 130mm rear disc hubs that might be a moot point…

drofluf
    Free Member

Why not? Great looking bikes, responsive and fun to ride plus great customer service. What more do you need?

tang
    Free Member

Great ride, looks lush and Sam is a true gent and a pleasure to deal with.

Sam

Clubber and The Swedish Chef, you could also consider a Gryphon? A disc Kite would be a very similar beast, just slightly less beefy and less tyre clearance.

kaiser
    Free Member

Ton…I’m still intrigued as to why you were advertising the swift for sale soon after building her up but more recently named it as one of your perfect bikes .please enlighten me then I can focus on other things 🙂

ton

bill………..cos i have a split personality……. 😉

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

They look like they have very different angles Sam, are they comparable?

I do have to ask what the deep rim carbon wheels with disk brakes are though, what are they and where were they made?

clubber
    Free Member

Sam – yeah I guess but I use my cross bike as my winter (and usually summer with typical weather) road bike too so the Gryphon just looks like a bit much for that really and the geo is very much more mtb suited by the looks of it.

Sam

The Gryphon is a bit slacker than the Kite, and a bit more mountain oriented, but due to the large amount of fork offset still handles quite quickly – especially with smaller tyres. Just a suggestion – the Peregrine might also be worth having a look at – something I actually have in stock rather than having to wait another year for it 🙂 This is what I’m struggling with a little bit regarding a disc Kite, how it would sit in the range relative to a Gryphon and Peregrine.

The carbon rimmed wheels are Reynolds DV46 rims laced to Tune hubs with Sapim CX-Ray spokes. I built them up. The single most noticeable upgrade I’ve ever had on a bike.

clubber
    Free Member

A year works for me actually – just had my cross bike repainted so it’s not really time to sell it… In a year’s time though…

fenboy

i don’t think a disc kite would be that worthwhile given your ex range. Gryphon etc as you’ve mentioned fill that gap ..stick with canti’s as is and the grey but put mudguard eyes on for a little flexibility and no real weight gain and they’ll fly out the door.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘why a Singular? post yours photos here’ is closed to new replies.