Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whose been measured for a SPecialized Saddle?
  • Spamf
    Free Member

I just not finding my WTB saddle that comfy for longer rides and was thinking Spesh might be the way to go (as I really get on well with their BG shoes and gloves). I not aware of an excessive arse, but suppose it would be foolish to buy and not get measured first.
    So who here has been measured? Were you different from the normal 143mm? What saddle did you buy? Do you find it comfy?
    Is anyone standard size (143mm I believe) and found Spesh saddles a significant improvement over other saddles?

Cheers mi Dears

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I bought one and was measured for it. It certainly is a different shape to others I have used. I have not done a 4 hr plus ride yet so cannot be sure about comfort but its at least as good as others I have tried. I particularly like the engineered in give / flex in it.

zaskar
    Free Member

The spesh is made to prevent numb plumbs, if this is your prob then get measured.

If its your rear that’s sore then get a padded saddle.

I’ve looked and researched saddles for yrs and love the spesh.

What are you looking for in a saddle?

NZCol

I was measured for one and bizarrely my wifes one which is a different size works waaaay better than the one i was ‘supposed’ to fit. It was super uncomfortable but hers (which i have now stolen) is great.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I have, and 143 was the size. I’ve got Spesh Rival saddles on both my bikes. Very comfortable in my opinion. Also agree about boots and gloves, don’t use any other. Use their helmets too.

chopperT
    Free Member

You can measure yourself really easily.

Find yourself a peice of single-skin corrugated cardboard (often used as bike packaging/protection). Cut a 12″square, put it on a hard, flat chair/stool, and sit down. Lean forward into “the position” an you”ll feel your sit bones weight up.
    Now stand up, and hey presto, a nice, measurable arse print. The centre to centre will give you the saddle size.
    I’m a 143 BTW.

Ripley
    Free Member

I used the assometer(tm) – and ended up with 143 wide saddle on both my MTB and Road bikes. Seems to work OK – saddles are comfy though.

You look a prat using it in the shop. It makes you look like you’re wrestling with a particularly tricky brown trout in order to make your impressions in the gel pad!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was measured at 143 and I’ve now got an Alias on all three bikes. If I’ve not been on the bike in a while, you feel our sit bones on day two but I suppose that’s where the weight should be supported rather than the squidgy bits. The wife was also measured and then got the Jett ti 155. She loves it. She’s glad I convinced her not to go for the squidgy = comfort idea.

grumm
    Free Member

I got measured and told I was a 143 – got a Spesh Rival now and it’s really comfy, love it.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m also a 143, and have had 5-6 Toupes in 143, my Epic came with a 130mm Phenom (for some reason SM/MD bikes come with 130s and LG/XL come with 143) and it’s still perfectly comfy.

The vast majority of people I measured use the 143mm on an MTB though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whose been measured for a SPecialized Saddle?’ is closed to new replies.