• This topic has 101 replies, 72 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Who’s your favourite nutter then?
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

There’s a guy in Belper who wears very bright clothes and rides a unicycle to the shops.

Oh no wait, that’s me. I certainly hope people laugh at me – it’s always cool to bring a bit of random interest into people’s lives.

When I was living in Christchurch NZ I was friends with someone who was probably the local nutter – a guy called Sugra, he wore flouro clothes and sandals or went barefoot, had almost certainly smoked and ingested way too many substances, it wasn’t obvious how he made money – I think mainly street performing – he was one of the best jugglers I’ve ever met, and great doing shows to families of tourists. But yeah – absolute crazy guy, lots of far out notions about zero point energy and conspiracy things. But on the other hand, one of the most inspiring people I’ve ever met. Just a real free spirit, in a really nice way. Got into all manner of random scrapes, like challenging the government (and winning) on the law relating to unicycling, going on spur of the moment round the world juggling trips, and generally being a bit of a legend for anyone he met.

Joe
    P.s. I can’t see the detail of the picture of the crazy club person in Manchester above cos i’m on my phone, but I think it could be someone I know.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

“pigface” i thought it was a guy now called penguin that stole the penguin from bristol zoo, not the elvis nutter who always had a radio an a bottle of cider on the glyn williams buses. Remember elvis asking me at least 2 a week if i liked the king !

crikey
    Free Member

Think ‘nutters’ are like stones in a stream, disrupting the normal flow just enough to remind us what we think is ‘normal’ is maybe not all there is.

We’ve got/had a few, from Sleepy Jesus who wanders the streets all year in shorts and is unfailingly polite and obviously well educated/brought up, yet lives an itinerant life, to Foriegn Coin Eddy who would knock at the door and ask ‘have you got any foreign coins?’ and would also shout obscenities whenever kids shouted ‘Harold Wilson’.

TheDoog
    Free Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory
    This lass was a bit wrong……..

forlornhope
    Free Member

Theres a guy in the redhill,reigate area,oldish bloke full roadie lycra getup and bike,he walks in the road with ripped roadie tights limping holding his wrist as though he has just come of his bike.
    He is either very unlucky and falls off a lot or a nutter.

samuri
    Free Member

in the 21 centaury do we have to find amusement in pointing and laughing a people with mental health problems and the failings of mental health system

There’s a whole industry based upon this concept. Big Brother, Pop idol, Britain’s got talent… etc. etc.

People who I can remember…

The guy who used to stand in Leeds town centre shouting religious chants for hours and hours on end until someone marched over to him screaming to shut the eff up and then lamped him after a short argument.

The chap in my home town who pretened he knew everyone. He would go out on a friday and saturday night and nod and say hello to everyone but nothing more.

Finally, there was this bloke I saw who was always grinning. He was married to this really strange looking woman who earned a lot more than he did. He would listen to complete garbage from other mentally ill people and believed it. Lived in a house in london with number 10 on the front door.

juiced
    Free Member

How about a nutter cyclist or two?

Around my parents way there’s a guy who uses (excuse my ignorance) a bike that your legs are in front of you. He has paddles attached to the side and uses his arms to proper the bike. He always wears a face mask and wears a bandana, cycles down the middle of the road and shouts swear words at all cars.

When I was a student used to see a local cycling window cleaner ( had a trolley on the back of the bike). Also dressed in day glow lumi clothes, head to toe. Had a lumi bike too iirc. 8)

juiced
    Free Member

The truth apparently is a sad story for the first chap.. hit by a drunk driver years ago. 🙄

juiced
    Free Member

To be fair the second chap was a decent looking guy – just very eccentric!

theotherjonv

purple aki (“Purps”) is a nutter for sure but not exactly harmless – he’s also a convicted sex offender.

I’d forgotten Reading Elvis though. That made me smile.

Working in Bradford off and on for the next few weeks. Will be looking for the monk.

Coyote
    Free Member

The good folk of St. Helens threaten their children with Purple Aki. Didn’t know about the sex offender stuff. I know he got done for touching young men’s biceps and making them do pushups in front of him. Nutter? You’d best believe it.

Spamf
    Free Member

Like Jackthedog I grew up near Middlewood in Sheffield. I remember Walter clearly. He used to go on trips and would give out random stuff on his return. He gave me an insecticide thing like a solid air freshner that we had in our kitchen for years.
    He used to put bets on at the shop on the way to my school. They would save up his bets for a few days and give him a “big win”. Also remember Ernest who would sing “oh danny boy” if you asked nice.

Now in Harrogate with Rudy who is Jesus and can move the clouds, he’s scared of italians, because they crucified him last time round. Occasional rustles up a little PA system and follows girls who are wearing high heels making clip-clop noises through the speaker. He asked me to bring him some jeans back from America the other year and I thought why not. When I gave them to him he immeadiately tried to sell them while I stood there

SidKillerest
    Free Member

A couple of classics from Birmingham:
    1) The Jogging Man – Has been spotted thousands of times over the last 5 yrs in north birmingham out jogging – Shortish black man, wearing big 80’s style sunglasses, a thick wooly hat, grubby white fleece & a backpack. Runs all day, everyday, and always in the same dirty clothes. I have regularly seen him at 5am and also late at night around the Great Barr / Kingstanding area. Used to be some sort of “Ive seen the jogging man” website, with times and locations on it. Not really sure if he’s a nutter, just a local legend!
    2) Basketball Man – Big tall black guy,can regularly be seen in & around New St Station, dribbling his b-ball, or strumming an electric guitar, Always taking notes in his little book, and occasionally swearing at passers by. Strangely, i have heard him speaking perfect french, attempting to woo various lady passers by. If they don’t respond, he normally (gently) chucks his b-ball at them. He’s deffo a legend in Brum.

alpin
    Free Member

we’ve got ‘radio man’ here. rides his bike around town with a boom-box on his shoulder, singing along loudly to his radio. nothing is played on the radio as it has no batteries.

there used to be a fella that would get all the kids to ride his ‘bus’. he’d walk around the park making bus noises and stopping for people to get on and off.
    story goes that his mum got hit by a bus when he was young.

that Sykes guy…. watched the vids and it is all just very sad.

RustySpanner

Got to be this guy, known by EVERYONE in Manchester city centre, due to his extreme volume:
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/79/79847_is_this_the_worst_busker_in_britain.html%5D

Also like the large black guy with the bus badges and the unplugged plastic microphone, who pesters you with surprisingly well sung random tunes and a thousand yard stare in every pub in Manchester.

Oh, and the legendary ‘Alkie Malkie’ from Middleton, who always liked to relieve himself from the upstairs window of the 17 bus. Used to liven up a trip to town, I can tell you.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Southports rollerblading tosspot

A complete barmpot and an arrogant pain in the aris who nearly knocked my mum over two months ago coming out of Marks an Spencers. I caught up with him and pointed out he had scared my mum so badly she had an asthma attack and had to go home in a taxi he just laughed and said he made people happy I just about stopped my self from knocking him down and using his head as a football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8WbSI3m1lI

white101

We have dancing dougy & Nicolas in Gateshead, both have youtube history though I doubt either would know what the internet is. Dougy will dance round the traffic lights and street lights from one end of Low Fell to the other, he can hang a tab end on his bottom lip all day without it falling off.
    Nicolas has serious tourettes and is always on the look out for 20p, which he usually sticks in a fruit machine in the local pub, I witnessed him dropping the jackpot in the Vic one night the poor kid nearly died of shock.
    Nick’s best trick is in waving down buses and taxis and then giving them gordon ramseys finest verse when they pull over.

hora
    Free Member

Russell, father of two girls aged six and seven, has asked to be moved to alternative accommodation.

Russell clapped his hands and demanded the Taxpayer move him and his brood to another location so that he can get his 12hr daily sleep undisturbed.

Sonor
    Free Member

The Koreans who stand outside shops in the high street every Sunday shouting “believe in Jesus” through a megaphone.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

another Birmingham one is Dancing Rasta, he can be seen at all hours of the day dancing (with no music) outside his house near the No Hope hospital.

there was a bloke who lived on a roundabout in Wolverhampton as well

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Steve “Girls~” from Newport,Shropshire. He gallops around the High Street like a horse and likes to stop and stroke girls woth long hair. He’s obsessed with the Spice girls and is always off to London to marry Emma Spice!!

hora
    Free Member

Who’s your favourite nutter then

Max Mosley 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Who’s your favourite nutter then?’ is closed to new replies.