• This topic has 101 replies, 72 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Who’s your favourite nutter then?
  • BlackDog
    Free Member

breakneckspeed I think you need to swallow a few doses of your patients meds. “whose your favourite spastic” do you still get spastics, I’ve not seen one in ages.

farm-boy

Anyone who has lived in Worcester will remember Chicken George, sadly no longer with us, dancing to buskers and swearing at passers by.

I am told the Black Bond is keeping up the good work.

Then there was Woody, always seen traveling by bus, foot or bike on the A38 between Worcester and Tewksbury.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Ton that the problem mental health is my cup of tea – but when you have seen somebody try to rip there own face of to stop the voices in there heads or so terrified by the things they see or believe that they have mutated themselves its less then funny
    Mental illness is no joke and those who gain amusement from it clearly have little humanity

Black dog – yes you still do get spastic they now just have a different name – bit like nutter and person living with mental health issue – ironically Winston Churchill referred to his depression as the “black dog”

lunge

Does anyone else remeber the guy who lived in the central reservation of Wolverhampton ring road? He was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Had meals on wheels delivered to him apparently.

ton

breakneckspeed
    having spent some time in various institutions, i do not need someone telling me how bad/sad/terrible life is.
    **** lighten up mate.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Just pointing out that mental illness is joke to those who experience it and rather hoping that as a society we moved on from pointing and laughing at ‘nutter’ – clearly more work need

mrsflash
    Free Member

No, you’re right BNS it’s not a joke but at the moment if I didn’t laugh at myself I’d do more than cry, so I’ll stick with the laughing.

Gary_M
    Free Member

breakneckspeed lighten up fella, ‘nutters’ are amusing and that’s a fact.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Walks of shaking head disconsolately

hora
    Free Member

We all might laugh. One ride, fall, bump on head and we could be the same as these nutters.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Right Mr Serious has gone, any more pics of loonies.

meikle_partans
    Free Member

i think the tone of most of these post has been quite fair. mild bemusement, slight paternalism and interest rather than hostility and cruel laughter.

up in aberdeent there was man in a minikilt and the highlander, who wore a collection of thick furs whatever the weather. you could smell him before you saw him. he claimed in an article in a local holisty crap magazineto be a ninja and a mystic i think

enfht
    Free Member

For years and years an old fella stood next to the A10 in Edmonton, tatty suit, tatty white hair, handkerchief in top pocket, gloves, grinning from ear to ear and waving as the traffic went by. You couldn’t stop yourself from smiling back at him. What a wonderful person. Maybe he wasn’t mad afterall given the sheer number of people who still instantly smile whenever someone mentions him. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

BlackDog
    Free Member

There used to be a guy floated about central station in Glasgow. What in those days we called a tramp, I don’t think you can say that anymore though. Anyway I digress, this fella spent his days wandering about the station, looked mental, big red beard and hair in a ‘see you jimmy’ stylee, was filthy and always steamin’. I met someone who knew his family, turned out he was a doctor, just after he qualified he made a mistake which resulted in the death of a young child. Sent him ‘off the rails’. Very sad story really, no pics I’m afread.

BlackDog
    Free Member

tatty suit, tatty white hair,

Now he sounds mental – a suit and hair made from potatoes.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Fred

and failing this then Arty Gee from Omagh

Legend has it that the last time the Stones played Slane Keith Richards recognised Arty from back in ‘the day’ and had him up on stage

Now seen playing a one string guitar outside Supervalue and all cheap charity shops in town

thegreatape
    Free Member

Jimmy Saville

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

In the case of the Bradford monk, as I stated, I think he’s the one laughing at us.

Jimmy Savile used to be a customer in my shop and yes he is completely on another bandwidth.

BoardinBob

Unsurprisingly, Glasgow has more than it’s fair share.

The Electric Scarecrow is a real stand out

Bimbler
    Free Member
    rogerthecat
    Free Member

hora – Member
    We all might laugh. One ride, fall, bump on head and we could be the same as these nutters.

And when I do, I hope people speak as fondly of me as most have on here about others.

MrAgreeable

The Burping Tramp is a favourite of mine who can be seen round the Coronation Road area of Bristol. As his name suggests he is constantly belching and seems to particularly like doing it in the face of well-heeled ladies.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I grew up in Hillsborough which was until recently home to a very large pshyciatric hospital, Middlewood. So we had more than our fair share of local characters.

Walter, Battery Ken, Maureen, Mr Trousers and a couple of lesser known and therefore unnamed ones.

Dancing-Bustop-Upturned-Bike Guy gets all over the city too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

winchester’s burping ron.

RIP ron.

the man was a local legend

ton

have a look and listen…

and have a look at the other clips and see if you can figure out what made him turn out like he was.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Ourkidsam yes he’s interestig that kid but harmless, took to much acid i think.

My two favourite are from my liverpool days Beep Beep Tony who used to stand in the road and block car till you gave him a beep on your horn.

and Jackothe cardboard guitar tramp see him rockhere

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some of the names are sublime!

Burping Ron
    Mr Trousers

Bimbler
    Free Member

Here’s one that I’ve only ever heard of via the internetz

Purple Aki

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Jack looks like he’s rocking a plaice in that video!

cbike
    Free Member

The Catman of Greenock/Gourock

A sometimes Semi naked Feral man who thinks he’s a cat.
    http://current.com/items/88792802_the-catman-of-greenock-rough-edit.htm

giant_scum
    Free Member

Three in Bathgate, Balaclava man saw him in Tesco about 20 mins ago, balaclava on no matter what the weather used to ‘smoke’ a pipe but has went all healthy and binned it. Bottle Archie trawls the whole of West Lothian looking for returnable glass bottles now retired. The last nutter and now departed was Paddy Irish guy who used to sing and shout out stories of his time in the army, sometimes carrying a shovel! Think the Police took it away after he tried to cut somebodies head off with it.

Also used to go to Falkirk Tech and some of the patients from Bellsdyke used to go there on day release!

BoardinBob

There used to be a nutter cyclist in Kilmarnock.

He would wear a motorcycle helmet, luminous work jacket, and a pair of pants. He was also cross eyed.

If you overtook him in the car he would try and kick it.

I worked in John Menzies. One day he came in and bought 20+ p0rn mags.

Legend 8)

Keva
    Free Member

Nutty Nigel round our way… haven’t seen him for a few years though.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=6547

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m with you Mrsflash. Mental health problems here and when my friends stop laughing at me then I know I’m in real trouble. Spent a few weeks last winter walking round the streets shouting “go’way” at everyone I saw. Knew I was doing it, couldn’t stop. Now in my mostly recovered state, I can’t stop laughing thinking about it…

Eccles
    Free Member

One of the Turbo Island regulars in Bristol – 1 leg, wheelchair, bottle of ace: I’ve seen him doing a good 20 mph backwards down the middle of Stokes Croft. Dunno what his life story was but I can tell you he was a sad loss to the world of street luge.

billybob
    Free Member

check out the Falmouth Legends for a local level look at the people who like to stand out around er Falmouth.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Spent a few weeks last winter walking round the streets shouting “go’way” at everyone I saw. Knew I was doing it, couldn’t stop

See, I don’t think that’s actually all that ‘mad’. In fact, I feel a fair amount of empathy with ‘nutters’. Breakneckspeed has a very serious and valid point to make, yet seems to be being ignored, largely.

There are some very damaged people out there. Most are harmless, at least to the general public. But they are Human Beings, and deserving of respect. Many simply want to enjoy themselves, and be happy, but can encounter a lot of fear and mistrust from others.

Understanding what’s going on inside someone else’s head, is damn near impossible. But making the effort to try and understand who you, yourself, are is one way of being able to develop an understanding of others, which can be a very useful tool in life.

It takes but a moment, and a tiny bit of effort, to have compassion for another.

Boriselbrus; all the best to you, feller. Hope life’s twists and turns can bring you more happiness.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Bristol nutters; Sapphire 50 year old gay black guy who dresses simply gorgous and swans around Glos rd waving and talking to anyone who’ll listen.
    The Running man! He runs everywhere! Even when he stops he runs on the spot.
    The Blue Nun. Gothy looking guy with blue dyed hair and long black robes. Never speaks and smells as if he sleeps in a cave.
    And the biker guy who used to walk around in just leather shorts and big biker boots – nothing else except a flagon of cider. Very strange!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Mrs Flash! 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

toxic terry he once set fire to himself …surley no one can be that mad that they do not realise that smoking fags and drinking petrol should not be mixed.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Who’s your favourite nutter then?’ is closed to new replies.