Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Who's the guy who sells bearings for Hope wheels?
  • 40mpg

Think he used to post on here, has an ebay shop, puts his own special grease in 😯

Need some bearings but the names gone, searching ‘bearings’ on here gets about a godzillian hits!

honourablegeorge

Katec?

scotroutes
    MrOvershoot

Think this is the chap Kaese or something like was his name on here, had some strong opinions but he knows his bearings.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/airborne10101?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

40mpg

Thats it! Cheers guys

mt
    Free Member

Hope?

stevied
    Free Member

Are his bearings worth the extra with ‘pro rider’ extra grease in them compared to normal SKF/NSK bearings?
    Katec Intense 6.6 kit = £38 (8 bearings)
    SKF 60012RS from AK Bearings = £26 (8 bearings)

LoCo
    Free Member

Had the ‘pro’ kit and standard kit for backend of the remedy, could feel the difference in my hand and back end felt better with the posh bearings, so I’d say yes. 😀

user-removed
    Free Member

Didn’t he lose his sight after being scanned by a government agent postman with a parcel scanner?

curvature
    Free Member

Each to their own but I was once selling the said gentleman a hope headset who then said that he would check and comment on the condition after receiving it and decide whether he wanted it.

I said forget it as he could easily have swapped bearings etc. I’m not suggesting that he would have done this but the sale was all on his terms and left me without any form of back up or assurance that he was in fact honest.

When I pointed this out he got rather abusive……

The end.

z1ppy

Katec Intense 6.6 kit = £38 (8 bearings)
    SKF 60012RS from AK Bearings = £26 (8 bearings)

An extra £12, you can stick that up your arse for starters. Buy the SKF’s and pop the seal and add some extra grease if you can be bothered. Katec is no cheaper than the Hope bearing kits IME (or hasn’t been when I looked previously), at least compare his prices with the kits available from UKbikestore or of late, my LBS which seem to have a side line in cheap branded bearings.

40mpg

I’m only buying some bearings off him!

They’re for a bike which only gets used occasionally, and generally in pretty shite conditions (ie it always rains when I get a weekend away biking). Probably the worst situation for bearings, so I’m keen to get some that will stand up to this. Original Hope ones lasted 4 rides over 2 years.

z1ppy

Then you doing something very very wrong, bearing don’t just fall to pieces without provocation. Hope use INA bearings, a well known brand along the lines SKF/FAG, so aren’t cheap rubbish

scotroutes

Can’t fault Kasae. He truly believes in making sure every customer is happy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Scotroutes +1.

boxelder

Scotroutes +2

Northwind

I miss Kaesae from on here, he was ace. Had a bunch of his bearings over the last couple of years and very pleased. He’s the cheapest, but then I’ve bought the cheapest in the past and they were rotten.

Tell you- a mate of mine needed bearings for a Rocky Mountain dh bike, Kael discovered he was a yout so gave him a massive discount, unprompted- no sponsorship or anything, just “here have some cheap things because you’re a young racer”. Nice.

z1ppy – Member

Hope use INA bearings, a well known brand along the lines SKF/FAG, so aren’t cheap rubbish

The hub sealing is pish though.

cakefacesmallblock

Had a set of Katec bearings for my Trance frame 3 years ago. There’s no sign of any failure yet and the bike gets ridden a lot. In really clarty winter conditions too. Good bloke to trade with in my view. Said what he thought, sometimes not to everyone’s liking on here. I’d buy from him again.

z1ppy

The hub sealing is pish though.

It might not be the greatest but pish is harsh, either way it’ll hardly allow the bearings to die in 4 rides.

bigjim

gotta say my new pro 2 evo bearings are rough and noisy as after less than 1000km, not great, and I’ve not even jet washed them yet.

not had any problems with katec bearings anyway

boxelder

He gave me a bunch of his Pro2 special bearings when he started doing them (so I could test them…..) and a bearings drift set he’d designed. The flaw in his business plan is that the bearings last so well. Freely gives advice too. Good fella.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Who's the guy who sells bearings for Hope wheels?’ is closed to new replies.