Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Whos riding where this weekend?
  • forge197
    Free Member

It’s nearly the weekend 🙂

Kirroughtree red and black at a very social pace Saturday
    Mabie and Dalbeattie on Sunday
    Bike cleansing tomorrow afternoon 🙂

What you up to……

cinnamon_girl

You not bored with Scotland yet forge 😉

I’m off to the Quantocks and Exmoor for the week – terrorise the locals oh yes 8)

forge197
    Free Member

No way CG great trails near work and home, not had to clean the bike in 9 weeks as the trails drain well when it rains, I need to do them tomorrow just to get the trail dust off. Brilliant so far, the only thing my High Rollers are wearing down a damn sight faster than they did in Swinley 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

sorry Cinnamon Girl but no Q’s for me 😥

My wife want’s to go on her bike to Dartmoor to do the Granite Trail 😀

So you can terrorize me at a later date 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Road trip – off to France for 3 weeks to do the Marmotte.

singlespeedstu

[waves willy]

I’ll be in Verbier for a week from Saturday.

[/waves willy]

cinnamon_girl

forge – sounds as though you are having a great time! Hope Mrs forge is enjoying the riding too 🙂 Swinley is far too sandy at the moment … and too full of Harry Potter-filming disruptions on the trails 🙁

saladdodger – oh bad luck. Did you know there’s an Exmoor ride this Sunday? Not causing trouble or anything 😉

Kahurangi

Glentress and Inners for the first time wooo!

Simon

Lee Quarry for a play tomorrow evening in preparation for the Weekender.

lowey
    sharki
    Free Member

Friday night the Q’s
    More of the Tox and saturday for a warm up.
    Dartmoor Sunday for a bimble across granite and Moor.
    Monday back on the Q’s no doubt.

Ooooo! my weekends seem to be longer than 2 days……….

cinnamon_girl

Hey sharki – Monday is your rest day so you can ride at C_G pace 😉

andygreener

Upton Cheyney and Fodca

Kramer
    Free Member

Cromford loop in the White Peak.

Drac

Working.

Vortexracing

with Lowey and about 30 others

(assuming he turns up this time)

lowey

(assuming he turns up this time)

Thats bloody jinxed it.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Gawton. I thought i would get bored of a total of 2.5 miles of downhill but I keep going back :). Plus its reet pretty round those parts.
    Highly reccommended for those of a downhilly persuasion.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hey CG Forge has entered a whole new dimension of MTB excitement cos he’s been riding with me! 😀

May do Glentrool Sunday mind (the 9km singletrack) as I have a new concept my my video I am working on which also involves the stone circle at Torquousie (can’t spell it but I know where it is).

sharki
    Free Member

Julian, which tracks are you liking the most?

The HSD is about my limit, But Egypt on an on one 456 ss might be a giggle(and long walk down/short walk back to the top)

Trekster

“Hey CG Forge has entered a whole new dimension of MTB excitement cos he’s been riding with me!”

And me……now that he is in my back yard…..

Would have joined Si & forge if not working all weekend…………….

cinnamon_girl

Hello Simon! Pleased to be back in the UK then? Hope you’re enjoying the good weather too?

Will you get to Swinley at all?

forge197
    Free Member

Trekster – hope to be out on a evening ride soon will drop you a mail next week is looking abit busy but week after that

Simon that is just 🙂 makes it sound like it was my first ride out ever 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – just taking time out and riding all the Stanes which are sweet as right now. Probably wont make Swinley but will be intefering with the locals on Dartmoor when I get there in September. Am off travelling for a couple of months next week so just trying to get a good few rides in now.

It was wierd at Innerleithen tuesday – that must have been my first Scottish ride with just one layer on all the way around including a very exposed and high up Minch Moor!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Forge – what me bend the truth like Uri Geller?

Hope you are making use of those new Skillz I taught you and that your fitness has increased enough to keep up with me on Saturday 😀

sharki
    Free Member

And Dartmoor is waiting for you oo.
    I’m off up there on Sunday to have a quiet word with the Granite…. 😈

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well Sharki, after totally owning all the double black granite runs up here such as McMoab, The Slab and The Terrible Twins, I am sure a few Dartmoor rocks wont possess any signigicant issues for a rider of my calibre 😀 Have a good one – have been enjoying some of your sunny pics BTW – they’re very good and top ride reports too.

forge197
    Free Member

Simon mad skillz those too 🙂 Now what was it you said at the little “black” roll in at the end of the Mabie trail…….

I’ll bring the 40lbs freeride bike so I can keep up then 😉

cinnamon_girl

Simon – the Q’s guys are terrific, a real chilled vibe with riding 😀

You’ve been dead lucky with the weather in Scotland, I used to be a regular visitor and you could get all four seasons in one day!

simonralli2
    Free Member

* Cough * I may have fallen off the northshore on the Mabie red route into a bog but then that is even more severe than the Mabie Darkside double black I can assure you.

And Forge – it just kills me that you didnt have the camera for when I did that double step down bit towards the end. Sheesh.

sharki
    Free Member

I took some pics today from my ride, but the report would’ve of been as dull as the pics.

Summthing along the lines of…

Ragged it across town to drop of my sons DSi charger, saw Black cloud, pedaled faster, rode down steps, weaved through a few pedestrians, nailed it across the park to Docks, parked bike in Pub, ordered Beer, stepped out side, watched and filmed lightening and listened to the thunder, it stopped after 2 pints and a hr, saw time was 7.30, so belted across town, collected araldite to repair shoes, got caught in storm so stood in it outside prezzo’s laughing at the muppets in there eating chavy food, then belted back for another pint, then came home.

mrsflash
    Free Member

with Lowey & co.

domino

Riding #cough# road bike in the Lake District this weekend – please be nice when you see me puffing my way over Whinlatter on Saturday on my white Bianchi.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Early one on Exmoor tomorrow, then Quantocks with the Missus on Sunday. Got some Lieu time owed so may head up the Qs on my todd on Monday.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Right – let’s get this one back on track and see who else is riding where this weekend.

I’m also interested in what you anticipate the weather will be like where you are. What with Winbledon and Glastonbury, I think Sky news seems to have forgotten that Scotland exists!

knottie8
    Free Member

Qs bimble tomorrow afternoon then Exmoor on sunday all with CG in tow.

(CG I know a flatish route , I’ll have to save my legs for sunday)

nuke

Went out today and did Peaslake, Holmbury, Leith etc…managed to evade the rain which was forecast. Didn’t see a single other mtber!

Biggin Hill tomorrow…hoping the Vulcan will be flying

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Probably not for the second time in three weeks – setting up tech end of things for school performance during Sunday rather than riding.

TN
    Free Member

Assuming I don’t throw up any more and my friend isn’t too hungover from his leaving do, Wharncliffe tomorrow and then a ‘steady one’ somewhere in the peak on Sunday with a different friend who’s not ridden for a while, route yet to be decided.

GolfChick
    Free Member

cwmcarn xc route on sunday n need to finish the brand build tomorrow, so i can ride it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Whos riding where this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.