Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • who’s REALLY old?
  • oldogre
    Free Member

I am 76, still enjoy Garburn & Glentress Black, but now I am VERY slow & walk some climbs. Doing my Scuba Diving Open Water at Easter You have to find new things to do in retirement!

ton

oldogre
    keep on truckin matey.. 8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Just older than TJ, I reckon. Nearly 56. The perfect age for women who like mature men.

1) I believe TJ is considerably younger than he looks 🙁
    2) The simplest test is when you start using your next birthday age, rather than your current age :o) "It’s me age you know!"

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Isn’t Teejay like 134 or something?…..

😉

twang
    Free Member

Yaaay oldogre. Your what its all about! Truly inspirational. I doff my cap to you sir!!

cinnamon_girl

oldogre – that is seriously impressive! Well done and keep enjoying life!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I remember racing a pensioner home one evening. I was about 20 at the time and he kicked my ass!

He was riding an old tourer too!

Respect!

Big-Pete
    Free Member

50 and I remember mars bars being 6d

Gravy
    Free Member

Born in 1960 me the best year for the music that was to come, oh what you young uns have missed. Had 1st motorbike at 10 years and started racing them at 15 (1975). Stopped racing motor bikes in 1995 cos after using a mountain bike (an Al Carter) to train on and ride the special test’s I was finding I enjoyed the pedals more than the throttle. I’m still here and doing it, riding xc two or three times a week and I love going to the bike parks, Coed, Gwydrr, Cannock, Glentress, Thetford, have done the coast 2 coast twice, go to the Alps every year, this year for 2 weeks. I could go on but I can’t remember, one thing I can remember is getting Diabetes in 1970 but that didn’t stop me. I can’t hear a lot these days but otherwise I feel great and always ride bare back, ay you wot. 8)

jedi

i am 40. looking at the list iam an infant 🙂 🙂

ski
    Free Member

40 here too.

Top respect to you oldogre, wish my Dad was still as active as you 😉

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

53 next month. Took up mountain biking seriously 2 years ago. Fitter now than any time in last 30 years. Just trying to pluck up the courage to do small drops and jumps properly. Only trouble with getting older is that when you do come off you go splat, crunch rather than boing.

Shack
    Free Member

53 next month. Probably doing more miles now than ever before. Body just about holding together, though have suffered loads of back problems over the years and dread them coming back. Try to avoid crashing these days as recovery definately takes me a lot longer, right elbow wont survive another heavy fall. Have a very stressed lifestyle, couldnt contemplate lfe without the bike(s) its the only thing that keeps me sane.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m 45 in 10 days. That’s proper ‘middle-aged’ ain’t it?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Ventanarider is no spring chicken!

on his way to get his penny farthing!

casper33
    Free Member

age has no issue with how good ur. i have been out, biking, with both fagus and deejay, and although they both can remember watching the sinking of the titanic on tv, they can both ride like the wind. how ever neither will say how old they r, which tends to be a girly thing. The undertaker.

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

43, and the only time I feel it, is trying to get out of bed in the morning.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Dez; you’re looking good for it, mate! I had you down as a bit younger, actually. And your wife is surely nowhere near that?

50 is the new 40. A friend of mine recently turned 50 (she looks 10 years younger). And she’s currently toddling round Africa. Is always on the go. Other friends, that are a good bit younger, are much lazier.

I think that if you keep yerself active, then you stay healthier, mentally as well as physically. If you accept the ‘I’m getting old therefore I should slow down’, then you’re fecked.

My mum is 72, and gets annoyed that she can’t do the heavier physical things any more. She has Osteoporosis, and needs treatment for it, but refuses to ‘take it easy’. Always up to mad schemes. But her mind is sharp as anything. People always mistake her for being a lot younger, simply because she doesn’t come across as an ‘old lady’. And all my mates love talking to her, simply because she doesn’t seem like ‘someone’s mum’.

I can’t persuade her to come out mountain biking, though. She won’t have it. Tried to get her interested, by showing her the Collective DVDs. She’s not having it.

GJP
    Free Member

Relative youngster at 44 which suprises me – but I am now starting to feel it a bit with nagging little aches here and there(knees and back etc) which I never had up until last summer really.

Also, pretty sure it will only a couple of years before I will be needing reading glasses. I had to take my LOOK Keos to my LBS so they could read the date and see whether there was a recall on them!

jfb01
    Free Member

6o this April (all pressys greatfully received ,nothing expensive , Cotic Soda , Moots softtail ect)left knee a bit "funny" & just done my rotator cuff.But as most of my riding is at Thetford I should manage another 20 years.

Peregrine
    Free Member

44 – Been cycling for 6 years and last year i was the fittest i have ever been by a long way. I aspire to complete the Bod Graham round next year.

nickc

"Chapeau" Oldogre

sidewinder
    Free Member

Well oldogre makes me feel positivly juvenile at 52 but now I’m an enigma I’m too old to be fast and to fast to be old ? 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Wow!

Sometimes you get inspired from places you least expect.

Oldogre = Legend! 8)

I have to say I feel very humbled by this thread.

plop_pants
    Free Member

So old my camelback bladder doubles as a collostomy bag.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Lots of 52 yr olds about. *waves*

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you accept the ‘I’m getting old therefore I should slow down’, then you’re fecked.

DEFINITELY!!
    They’ll have to drag me kicking and screaming into old age!

Christowkid
    Free Member

Hmmmmm not sure because my birth certificate *must* be wrong!!!!
    ( honest)
    🙂
    it just cannot be right……….
    ( goes off for another look……….)
    Q

hodge

mamadirt
    Free Member

who’s REALLY old?

Looks around. . . shrugs . . . no idea! I’m only 51 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Just turned 49 – only felt my age for the first time last year when I ripped my calf muscle skiing and it took a while to heal.

My missus (very soon to be ex-missus………seriously !) reckons I’m having a midlife crisis by mtb’ing, having a sports car, snowboarding, motorbike and chasing woman.

I’ve mtb’d for 15 years+, had sports cars/bikes for 33 years, snowboarded for 6 and chased women since puberty, so how can it possibly be a mid=life crisis. 🙄

Merlinman

A sprightly 63

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

(very soon to be ex-missus………seriously !)

and

chased women since puberty

are these connected ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A sprightly 63

doesn’t ‘sprightly’ mean ‘surprisingly active for a old geezer’ ? It’s packaged age discrimination 🙁

johnhoo
    Free Member

a youthful 43 here

My father in law is 70 & can leave me standing on a road bike ride

jova54
    Free Member

I was 54 back in December and it was only another change of number as far as I’m concerned.

I’m by no means the fittest person of my age that I know but having seen some of my old school contemporaries just recently and some of my ex-Army mates I’m not doing too bad.

I must say that the full-sus that I now have makes life a bit more comfortable.

tegski
    Free Member

Good to hear all of the yarns – on the full sus for the back comfort, but the bloody Masters class is one of the biggest in the XC classes here in Canberra! A spritely 44 here! Keep it up all!!

hitman
    Free Member

86, faster now than when I was 5!

Woody
    Free Member

SFB

are these connected ?

Sadly yes – although entirely faithful to current partner for the duration (10 years) of our relationship she refuses to believe it !

Never mind, I will get out on the bike more 😀

BillMC

53 in April and haven’t noticed any real failings as yet. Bit more lard but still at it with the bike, motorbike, surfboards, special friends. Use it or lose it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘who’s REALLY old?’ is closed to new replies.