Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • who's not riding?
  • fastindian
    Free Member

Well I was planning on a spin on the road this morning but woken up to freezing fog, you cant see your hand in front of your face! 😯

What’s it like your way?

colournoise

Bright sunshine here.

rOcKeTdOg

Not riding until temp gets into + values, I reckon by 10am

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just got home from a 12hr night shift so no bikes , just bed for me

kimbers

Perfect morning for a ride here, was planning on sneaking out early for a blast round swinley

Wife has poo pood that one !

coolhandluke
    Free Member

First night out after a dry January so I wouldn’t trust myself in the dry let along icy conditions.

Houns

Foggy here but that’s no issue. I just CBA

steve_b77
    Free Member

Doubt it as I ride Friday & Saturday and used my face as a brake yesteday

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Tender bollocks round here after Friday’s op. Care to share my pain? 😆

neilm
    Free Member

I was planning on road riding yesterday afternoon. I don’t mind the cold so much, but it was just horrible here and I would have had frozen bits before getting out of the end of my road.

Misty and frosty this morning, but I’m hoping this will lift and I can get out later, road or mtb, I really don’t mind which.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Well the peaks are still covered with snow but luckily I’m with the softy southerners at forest of dean this weekend. Conditions are great.

rp16v
    Free Member

Just all round bleaghh weather in Bristol have the kidie winks this morning after the missis stayed over her mates for the weekend and in-laws birthday thisavo so many a late ride
    But I have got a full week off work to go and play

Suroundedbyhills – snip sir?

daftvader
    Free Member

Perfect day for a blast here, however….Not doing any proper riding as I can’t shift this sodding cold and cough… But will be taking minivader up to the pump track for an hour or so.

kcal

went out yesterday afternoon for first time in a month, gloomy.

Woke up this a.m. and it’s cracking, will be out again!!

eltonerino
    Free Member

I got up nice and early to find out my cold has come back 🙁

RoterStern
    Free Member

Beautiful blue skies here with lovely frozen trails, in fact absolutely my favourite conditions for winter. Unfortunately I won’t be riding as I am still suffering the effects of influenza. 😥

Daffy

Freezing fog here, but it’s burning off. Should be out with Daffy Jnr in the Chariot by 10:30…if he co-operates.

ads678

Blue skies in Leeds but I’m putting off fixing something on the car then going to b&q by sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee and typing this!!

Might see if the kids fancy a ride this aft.

downhilldave

Another one with the “lurgy” here. Can’t seem to get rid of it, had it since before Xmas. You think it’s gone then it all starts again,got a bad ear infection too lodsa pain and blood. 😥 Nightmare. Sunshine and frost here, perfect winter conditions for a ride. 😥 😥 😥

mintimperial

Same situation as surroundedbyhills; I actually feel pretty much fine now but I’m not about to risk damaging what’s left of my equipment on an icy bike ride.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Hi mint, I’m still sub optimal, but not as bad as I thought. Pecker up old chap. No riding (bikes) for 2 weeks.

carlos
    Free Member

No riding today as invited my Nana round for lunch and maybe a bit of a stroll.

Was out yesterday though and had a cracking ride round the Conwy mountains, a fair bit of climbing, a bit of bike a hike, some lovely descents on flowing grass and very narrow tracks. A great day out considering all 3 of us were not feeling 100%. No snow or ice about either but the wet short grass makes it feel like you’ve no grip. It’s a lovely place to ride too and there’s so much more to explore

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Would love to be, in fact just finished building my new bike yesterday, but knee problems mean I cant! Dammit!

radiant
    Free Member

Me, still enjoying the after effects of riding in icy conditions 3 weeks ago… 😥

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Been off work since Wednesday with a nasty cold, which mini TJ had started last weekend and was happy to ‘share’ the lurgy with his old man. Kids……..love ’em……… So no riding for me today, although the sun is out and I would love to go, I know I would be coughing like a bstard 🙁

kayla1
    Free Member

Bright funshine here too as well also. I think I’m going to drag the General Lee out in a bit 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rode yesterday- got the kids today whilst the wife is in work. Roll on summer!

Spud

Glorious out there in Nottingham. I rode yesterday (brrrrr) as I’m on-call today.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Hopefully the last weekend off the bike, 9 days since the snip and still feeling minor discomfort, like a mild kick in the nuts

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stunning on the Hampshire coast lads… 8)

I’m not riding either, trip to A&E Thursday eve means I’m sofa surfing, not a bad thing to do actually 😀

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Blue sky’s and sunshine here near Southampton but im not riding as I’m on call this weekend and need to beable to get in within an hour.

globalti
    Free Member

Did 33 miles and 2206 feet of climb yesterday on freezing salty roads so I think I’m justifed in sitting down with a coffee this morning.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Darwen was lovely sunshine from 0800. Had a hour on the road bike and now the fog has set in. Was very cold -3 but dry roads so quite grippy.
    Mountain bike tomorrow afternoon.

ampthill

Probaly out for an hour later on the road

But generally feeling blurghhh and am trying to save some energy for a week off

1981miked
    Free Member

I was on the MTB yesterday and had a blast on the CX bike this morning. Not far, only 14 miles but worth it for the early morning sun and quiet roads etc. It was a tad brisk at the start mind you. Feel better for it as always.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

140 mile Audax yesterday so today will consist of food and the sofa.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Crashed doing this yesterday…

2 laps in best race in Belgium this season,Front slipped out on frozen sand and I broadsided a barrier.

Today is a day off!

onehundredthidiot

Lovely blue skies here. I’m fully recovered from influenza A. But ruptured bicep long head tendon. Means it’s shank’s pony for me.

Gilles

To answer to the thread, me.

chipster

12 hour days. Kinda cramping my style.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘who's not riding?’ is closed to new replies.