Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Whos off to the Alps
  • Feldo
    Free Member

Top of the Col de L'iseran last week. Looks OK in the photo, but turned hypothermic minutes later with a huge thunderstorm and horizontal sleet.

benjag
    Free Member

1st trip to Les gets on Friday, driving all night to get there for Sat am! it had better be good.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Tracey:

The descent from Pila to Aosta is great, but I wouldn't really call it smooth and flowy. It is in places, but it's also **** steep in others. Serious brake-burnage. Nearly hub-deep in dust last time I was there too.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Feldo:

When were you up at the Iseran? Rode there this Tuesday and last Friday, both cracking days! Wednesday was a bit stormy last week I guess…

Feldo
    Free Member

Stevomcd:

Was up there last Weds. Was great on the ride up from near Bourg St Maurice and fine until I decided to descend down to Val, but the weather really turned and I had to turn back and climb 2k back to the summit to thaw/dry out until the weather cleared,(in the uber-expensive cafe up there).

Monday was up at Les Arc (Photo below at 2600m)and Tues rode up to the Col De P St B for Le Tour. Bit of a contrast to my local rides at Swinley and the Chilterns!

adt
    Free Member

I am off to the Alps on the 18th and doing the Grand raid on the 23rd ,using selkirk merida this weekend as a practice run

glenh
    Free Member

Off tomorrow until September.

Will probably be doing more climbing than biking, but I'm taking the bike 8)

woodey
    Free Member

"The descent from Pila to Aosta is great, but I wouldn't really call it smooth and flowy. It is in places, but it's also **** steep in others. Serious brake-burnage. Nearly hub-deep in dust last time I was there too."

Seconded, too darn dusty this year, its still good but there are better options in the Aosta valley

Pila = dusty steep downhill (still great fun)
    La Thiule = flowey trails, quiet, no braking bumps

Tracey

Are there any maps for the trails at La Thiule

Tracey

nasher
    Free Member

I also found the "resort" riding very very dusty and slippery this year after coming back from Souze D'Loux and Pila yesterday.

And for some odd reason it was much hotter than here on the Riviera which is currently 30 degrees!!!!!

nasher
    Free Member

Also try Pratto Nevoso, a bit further south in Piemonte, very very good.

Tracey

All loaded and ready for off

Tracey

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

4 of us going to verbier with Lucy and phil for a week from the 15th. First time in the alps for me and can't wait!

Tracey

Arrived and unpacked, cant wait for the first ride, the new Bike Verbier chalet is awesome. First beer is down, sun is out temp says 31 deg.

Tracey

Gary_C

Just back from a week in Morzine,sunny & crackin't flags…back home here in Lancashire however…..

Best trail of the week was the Canyon/Gully over at Les Gets,root central!

Missing the area already.

steveh

Curtis the cat – if you've got some time get hold of a copy of Rowan Sorrells mountain bike europe book. It'll give you a load of options.

Pila is definitely worth a visit, suaze doulx is supposed to be good. I accpet no responsibility for you buying this book and wanting to ride lots of places.

Oh and I'm off to morzine for a week on the 9th on my bright green sunday with 40's.

stevomcd
    Free Member
    fizzer
    Free Member

Me at the col de cou last Monday

Back to work tomorrow oh how I wish I could be back there instead

trailhunter
    Free Member

If any of you fancy a change from the normal places, we have some space from the 15th onwards, we ride downhill singletrack. Zermatt, Verbier and lots of places in between. http://www.trail-hunters.com

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Whos off to the Alps’ is closed to new replies.