Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Who's had a lovely Xmas?
  • emsz
    Free Member

That would be me!!

Erm… ‘breakfast’ in bed this morning, stroll over to my mums for a bountiful lunch and lush pressies. Even pervy little brov had managed to get gf a knitted scarf which was actually nice! ( I suspect mum had something to do with that). Stupid games after lunch, IQ test from cracker thinks I’ve got IQ of 120 ( no one more surprised than me!!) them over to her parents for supper and her mum was actually pleasant (slightly pissed admittedly, but still) lol. Just back home. Absolutely stuffed. Slightly tipsy. Knackered.

Ever so ever so happy and stupidly luved up. :mrgreen:

Brilliant thanks.

Baileys in a coffee at 7am, pressies opened, 10yr old had best Christmas ever, mulled wine, brass band, Christmas carols, pub, lovely dinner, X-Box, family games, booze, Christmas telly.

Merry Christmas

TheSwede
    Free Member

Nope. Sat on sofa alone all day after upsetting the mrs by telling her to stop trying to make me enjoy Christmas. She’s just come back in and we’ve just done the pressys at 21:00. Humbug 😆

bigbloke
    Free Member

Mine was fantastic, my wife gave birth to our 3rd child today at 5.15pm. What a present!!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Fabtastic here! At work for 8.30, unlocked prisoners for 9, continuous bickering about the pool comp till 12, followed by moans & groans about the Xmas dinner (which was actually sh!t on a plate) Peace & quiet for an hour followed by another 3 1/2 hours of racket & discontent.
    Home to ex-frozen lasagne for tea.
    Same tomorrow but with a 06.45 start.
    Can’t. Fu**ing wait.
    Happy bas***d xmas.

chewkw
    Free Member

After a simple dinner I followed it up with a double cognac with two ice cubes and smoking Mick McQuaid square plug pipe tobacco. :mrgreen:

hhhmmmm … bowl of pipe and cognac or whiskey … Xmas everyday.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Amazing bigbloke. You win. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Congrats, bigbloke! Great news!

Mine was less eventful, but ace!

Trekster

Drove 30 odd mls, picked up daughter, partner and grandson nbr1. Drove them all round to sons a few mls away for late lunch with grand daughters 1& 2(5mths) + eldestgrandson.

Home for 8 and into a couple of Santas Winter Blondes 😆

Loverly day

CaptJon
    Free Member

I had the best I’ve had for a while because I spent it on my own:

No awkwardness between parents (split up last year but had Christmas as a family anyway)
    No illness consigning me to bed for all but 20 minutes of Xmas day (two years ago)
    No sister dominating proceedings ( at 26 you’d think she’d be over it by now)
    No food I don’t want to eat (blinis for Xmas dinner starter ffs)
    No TV I don’t want to watch
    No pretending to like presents which are rubbish
    No getting up early
    No washing up until tomorrow
    No arguments
    No stress

…utter bliss.

Kunstler

esselgruntfuttock, I’ve always been amused by your username but tonight it fits your post so well. I imagine you to have a swarthy Dickensian appearance. Hope you get some good xmas time away from the cons.
    I have a couple of friends who are chefs who’ve had a busy day today.

Congratulations bigbloke! I hope you had an extra birthday present to give your new baby on their first xmas. ‘Welcome to the world and here’s some new socks’.

I had a quiet day here with my son and my folks. They said that their day was made by watching a dvd of short films that I had made – kind of home movie / bits of Scotland.
    I learned to play ‘White Wine In The Sun’ by Tim Minchin. Might even do it at a family party at my nephew’s house tomorrow. Probably won’t though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One of me best mates became a dad at 10.47pm tonight. 😀 Joining Bigbloke!

Just heard. Has turned a crap Xmas (hate it anyway really) into a great one!

Sandwich

Kunstler just heard the Tim Minchin song for the first time today, daughter had the DVD as a present. Mrs S and I both had a tear in the eye as both “children” are fast approaching Christmas somewhere other than with the parents. It has been a fantastic day and I’m enjoying a quiet cuppa and wallowing in the atmosphere.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Had a great day the youngest actually stayed in bed until 7.15am before he dashed downstairs to see what Santa had left, anyway both boys were made up with their prezzies, and I got some nice jumpers and a lovely bottle of 18 yr old Glenlivet and a bonus bottle of Dalwhinnie from the outlaws. The three bird roast was heaven on a plate and between myself sister in law and her boyfriend we polished of 6 bottles of red so heads a bit sore this morning, top day with loads of laughs.

_tom_
    Free Member

bigbloke, congrats 🙂

Mine was pretty good depsite the megahangover.

epicsteve
    Free Member

We had a nice quiet day at home, with just my father in law (who’s a very nice chap) over for dinner. Everyone (including me) was happy with their presents, although my daughter wasn’t too pleased on hearing just how loud my sons guitar amp will go…

Had a good chat with my father in law about his experiences in the fleet air arm during the war. I think he likes talking to me about it because I’m ex-Navy myself and at least have some idea of what he’s talking about!

rickmeister

A great day… Dad hospitalised christmas eve, had his colon and large intestine removed. Seen him last night and the big result is the surgeons skills have saved him from having a bag fitted… big result…

Also congrats Bigbloke!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Who's had a lovely Xmas?’ is closed to new replies.