Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who's had a bike fitting session?
  • tobymc

Did it solve any specific problems? What did it involve? Where did you have it done? what did it cost?
    Recently started getting pain in my left knee after 80m or so, am i just wearing out or might this be a solution? Cheers.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah but only for a new bike rather than to solve a specific issue. Hard to say with your problem but it sounds very specific and more likely shoe/pedal or overuse related (recently upped mileage?). I had a left knee niggle annoying me for ages and switching to Speedplay Zeros cured it for me so probably my old SPD-SL cleats weren’t adjusted right or I just needed a bit more float.

tobymc

I have upped mileage in the last year, but not by a massive amount, mainly road and towpath too.
    Is this what happens when you reach your 40’s? 😕

footflaps

I had one with a new road bike (came free). Got home and compared the fitted bike to my old racer and it was exactly the same to the mm, so the professional fit got to the same set up I’d iterated to by trial and error over a couple of years – only in 30mins…

sheck

Had a flexibility assessment (rather than a measurement) and a video gait monitor by a cycling-biased physio the other day. He made big changes… dropped saddle by 15mm and moved it backwards 10mm, 20mm shorter stem, and moved cleats back on shoes. He videoed me on the bike and saw that I was having trouble getting my right crank round the top of the stroke and could see my right shoulder pulling up to help it… hence the changes he suggested. Apart from my road bike now looking wierd with it’s 80mm stem, the changes have seemed positive (6 weeks in)

mrmo
    Free Member

I had one with a new road bike (came free). Got home and compared the fitted bike to my old racer and it was exactly the same to the mm, so the professional fit got to the same set up I’d iterated to by trial and error over a couple of years – only in 30mins…

which means that your body has adapted to a position and when asked what is comfortable you end up in the position you figured out worked for you.

If you hadn’t been riding for two years i wonder what you would have ended up with?

There is no such thing as an ideal fit, too many variables about the rider and the riders requirements.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes I had a bike made & built for me 18mths ago. I thought I was quite comfy on my Orca but it seems like I needed a longer top tube, which was spec’d.
    It means I can stretch out more and breath easier.

MikeWW
    Free Member

I have had one.
    Took about 2 hours and included custom footbeds, repositioning cleats, lowering stem, saddle moved back and height changed, rotated bars, hood moved.
    Lots of measuring including use of lasers.
    Had not had any problems and was amazed at how much better the bike felt. Changed some of the muscles I was using, sat “in” the bike more and far more comfortable staying on the drops for longer.
    Cost was £130

tobymc

Where was that Mike?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Retul bike fit in London – £150

http://www.cadenceperformance.com/services/bike-fitting/

these guys do them – if I had bought a bike from them I would have got one:

http://www.swiftcycles.co.uk/

(I was impressed by the staff in the shop – very enthusiastic – bought something from Evans though 🙁 )

There’s also Sound Coaching in Surrey – here is a review on the Muddy Moles site:

Expert bike fitting from Sound Coaching

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did one a while back with Mike Veal at Bikedynamics. It helped a lot. Don’t remember the cost but it felt like value for money. Spent half a day with him. Raised stem, dropped saddle, wedged cleats to improve knee tracking. Was riding at least one gear higher after all that. Felt a lot stronger on the bike.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Did it solve any specific problems?

yes, knee mistracking, got custom footbeds at the same time

What did it involve?

the usual bike on turbo, measurements, gnomiter etc

Where did you have it done?

sigmasport kingston

what did it cost?

can’t remember, worth every penny though.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

I had one done at Hewitt cycles for a touring bike. I think it cost me 50 pounds, but nothing with a new bike…

For me it helped quite a lot – I have long legs and a short back and they convinced me to put my saddle a lot higher than I would normally have it, which helped a lot with how much power I can put out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Who's had a bike fitting session?’ is closed to new replies.