Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • ~Who's got the heating on?
  • heavyman
    Free Member

We haven’t had the heating on yet, its still mild weather and we had the house insulated last year. Got a bit too hot in the middle of Summer even up here in the frozen North AND I live with 2 women.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I have a beer jacket on does that count?

bruneep

yes its on here, over the border.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s 15 degrees outside, at 11pm in October!. Madness outing the heating on.

heavyman
    Free Member

Yeh it’s 15 here too and we are above the fault-line, last year we had snow by now. Not complaining like, BBQ is still being used 2/3 times a week.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just changed a wheel on MrsCat’s car and was plenty warm enough in just a T-shirt, no sign of needing the heating on yet. Fire and stove will go on first.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes, but it is winter here down south

Junkyard
    Free Member

tried it last night as it is October. it works so I switched it all off again. Its not even big jumper weather yet never mind heating

MrOvershoot

Still got my shorts on here & its 21deg in the house with no heating on. Last nights ride was in short sleeves and I was still a bit warm.
    NW Cheshire for reference

buzz1024
    Free Member

No -its still t shirt and shorts weather

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not till mid November, as has been the case for the past few years. Grey dull skies but still just breaking the 20 degree barrier.

bencooper
    Free Member

I live with 2 women.

Me too, nice and toasty in bed.

user-removed
    Free Member

I was sweating in the pub today ( drinking coffee ) whilst I waited for my son to finish his third intro to nursery.

But the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is fickle and it’s now bloody freezing, so yes, the gas fire’s on and it looks like a scene out of “The Broons” with a haze forming as nappies dry on the fireguard.

user-removed
    Free Member

I quite like my life right now 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

No, it’s a fine spring afternoon and 24c.

LHS
    Free Member

Don’t get the heating on / heating off thing. Surely you just set your thermostat to the temperature you want all year round? If it gets cold, it kicks in, if it doesn’t…..

Stoner
    Free Member

A bit more involved than that in the Stoner household.

I have to fire up the leviathan, kill a chicken and burn three hundredweight of timber on the altar of toasty water tanks. The thermostat is mainly for show.

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends how much money you want to spend LHS sticking it to a temp and leaving it is a very expensive way to run it ESP if you have a single stat fixed in your hall….

our thermostat is multiprogramable. generally the only time the heating is allowed on is at 4.30am to bring the house up to getting out of bed temp. – the rest of the time the house has to be below 14 degrees before heating will kick in – which with our insulation never happens.

we have had a couple of fires this week but its been grim wet windy cycling weather – fires good for drying out and warming up

dawson

our thermostat is set to 17, with a timer, it comes on for a bit in the morning and evening, so it must be cold enough for it to kick in.

29erKeith
    Free Member

nope not here yet but we’re right down south, I got hot cycling last night in shorts and a t-shirt. mind you all the fat\lazy\old lot in my office think I’m a freak, they had the AC set to heat during the summer, and I’m the freak 🙄

I live with 2 women.

can’t make my mind up if I envy you or pity you 😉

samuri
    Free Member

I live with a woman so yes, the heating is on.
    It’s actually set to come on at 22 degrees! Don’t hate me.

If it was up to me it’d come on just as ice is forming over the water in the toilet bowl. If I don’t need to clear frost off the computer screen then I’m happy wearing a jumper and hat in the house.

pictonroad

Jeez no, it’s still roasting down here in the deep south, I’ve done my annual TK Maxx jumper run but it’s t shirts outside still.

25 deg in an unheated office yesterday.

toby1

AND I live with 2 women

I don’t think enough has been made of this comment:

Wife and her sister 😀
    Or Sister and Mother 😥

😉

Flaperon

Not me. 21.3C in here according to the thermostat. Not entirely sure whether the central heating even works any more.

emsz
    Free Member

😳

In my defence, it’s a old house and I’ve not got double glazing in my room

prawny

our thermostat is set to 17, with a timer, it comes on for a bit in the morning and evening, so it must be cold enough for it to kick in.

This, although the other day the wife nudged it up to 18. The thermostat is wireless though so I’ve put it in the living room, where it’s always warm 😈

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Forecast for next 5 days in North West is highs of straight 18’s, with no rain. Summer month 4 lol

grum
    Free Member

Had it on a couple of times a couple of weeks ago, and lot the wood burner once. But then it’s chilly oop in’t Pennines.

heavyman
    Free Member

C’mon I live in the far North – WHAT is a thermostat???

No Wife and my Daughter nothing seedy at all, its just I used to work in an office with 5 women and they required the heating on all year round, used to drive me round the bend, sweating like a horse in the middle of Summer and they have the heating on!

User-removed, do you live in a but’n’ben?

tomaso
    Free Member

Aim to hold out for October, but there really hasn’t been any need. And that is up north in Lancaster.

Wet and mild appears the order of the week.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Heating always on here but, thermostat set at 15 degrees.
    I have been turning it up to 18 so the boiler kicks in but that’s only because i’m suffering a truly sh*tty chest infection – 3 weeks worth of anti-biotics thus far…!

sharkbait
    Free Member

No central heating at all but I am lighting the stove in the living room most nights which helps bump up the temp on the digital thermostat in the hall to 20(and makes it very lovely in the living room).
    But it is a pretty big house and even though I’ve insulated roof and cavity walls it still seems to lose heat faster than a smaller house 😡

NW Cheshire for reference

Similar hear but thermostat says 19c

mudshark
    Free Member

Well I live in the SE so obviously it’ll obviously be far too warm for heating for quite a while yet.

A good tip is to explain to the women that by keeping the temperature down, they’ll lose weight as the body will generate more heat which burns calories. So just ask if they’re happy with their shape – they never are you know….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye mudshark. They will then keep warm by beating you senseless with a pan

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘~Who's got the heating on?’ is closed to new replies.