Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 248 total)
  • Who's got the bestest watch?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mine's a tag, and a pretty basic one at that.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

+1 Tag, Indy 500 model.

nonk
    Free Member

mine's a breo.
    the posh one that costs a tenner mind not the gash one. 😀

plop_pants
    Free Member

another Tag. Carrera.

brant
    Free Member

My mate Frank.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

I reckon the wealthiest nob with the most questionable sense of value has the "best watch".

Mine's a Casio

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My £25 Casio tells the time quite accurately, has an alarm, stopwatch, countdown timer (handy for trailquests) a phonebook & a couple of other things I never use.

GJP
    Free Member

My mobile phone works for me.

tron
    Free Member

The man with the digital watch probably does have objectively the best watch. Anyone remember the Secret Life of Machines?

KT1973
    Free Member

Casio G-shock. Been all around the world with me and put through all kinds of shit and never misses a beat. Cost me 60 quid 6 odd years ago IIRC

uplink
    Free Member

Surf-Mat probably

he's got the best/biggest everything

thehustler
    Free Member

2xGshock and a protrek here, prefer the gshocks tbh the pro was a gadget for a while but G's are more resillient

donsimon
    Free Member

Had a "Tag", only paid 10,00€ for it and was good enough to fool the people in LVMH! 😆 Why pay more?

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

The only watch I'd pay over 30 quid for would be the breitling emergency watch .. If you get marooned on a desert island – pull the cord and International Rescue comes and gets ya!

simon_g

SLOM was ace. They're all available freely online with Tim Hunkin's blessing: http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/SLOM/ . Have been watching them through again with my (slightly bemused) girlfriend, prompted by seeing his mad clock at the London Zoo.

Anyway, my £85 Citizen is bestest because:

– it's made of titanium
    – it has the crown at 8, ideal if you wear it on your right wrist
    – it's an automatic so no batteries to wear out
    – the seconds hand sweeps round in that rather lovely way that only autos can
    – having hundreds of tiny cogs and springs in a little case on my wrist seems quite magical. The fact it can actually keep good time is even more remarkable.

nonk
    Free Member

incriminating evidence right there uplink. 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Three G shocks – all AWESOME

mafiafish
    Free Member

Seriously, just spend the money on an actual penis extension.

Xylene
    Free Member

Oris Divers – knackered just now sadly. Didn't like outback sand and Korean air quality too much

cynic-al
    Free Member

KT1973 – Member
    Casio G-shock[b]Dull ugly generic outdoor watch of any type[/b]. Been all around the world with me and put through all kinds of shit and never misses a beat. Cost me 60 quid 6 odd years ago IIRC

thehustler
    Free Member

cynic-al one of mine is the metal G they made a few years ago, they look pretty normal, just very tough watches

trailmonkey

well, sapphire crystal glass has to be the starting point if you're going to wear it every ride and still want to be able to read it after a few granite interfaces.

badnewz
    Free Member

Got a Tag formula 1, had it for 14 years, but never wear it as I don't like wearing watches.

mikertroid
    Free Member

All of mine!

But the best of the best is my Rolex Sub. Joint Second best are my Citizen Eco-drive Tough and Casio G Shock.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Got one of these 😀
    Oris …

_tom_
    Free Member

I just have a 60 quid Pulsar. Does the job and doesn't look too bad. I only really wear it "out" as I don't usually like wearing them.

tron
    Free Member
    flip
    Free Member

I got one of these, bought by my wife for my 40th. Left to my son when i'm dead 😉

edhornby

my gf's dad gave me a watch that he had sitting in the drawer for ages

it's by Peroni, the beer maker and it's blue and it rocks. anyone can get a tshirt for drinkin loads of beer but a watch… ? I win

redthunder
    Free Member

G-Shock

and I do like my SANDY:

http://www.50717.com/us/sandy-184-1984.html

Bought it in a Pawn shop.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Alternate between a Luminox LU1897 Field Alarm Chrono:
    http://tinyurl.com/2vxz9es

and some old Casio G-Shock that I've had for years and is reserved for surfing, snowboarding, MTB etc.

TheDoog
    Free Member

4 X G Shock and a Nixon Scout, got an extremely convincing Tag fake,never wear it though, just doesn't suit my tattooed arms!! Wouldn't spend more than a hundred on a watch, need it all for bikes!!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I've got an Omega seamaster, and you lot can knob off! 😉

AlasdairMc

Seiko automatic diver for me. I don't give it any special treatment and it just refuses to break.

£50 from eBay

slackman99
    Free Member

Missus has a Tag Monaco and a Tag phone.

I have a G-Ghock which I have just had to restrap, but is an awesome watch. Covered in paint

Admiralable
    Free Member

I have a nice fluro yellow scribble watch it tells me that its hair past scar

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a UTS 3000M Custom. It's a one off and I quite like it.

BigJohn

My vintage 1951 gold Rolex. I wear it every day and it's just soooo understated.

nowthen
    Free Member

Omega Seamaster chronometer…

Edric64
    Free Member

Casio .I dont need a watch costing hundreds or thousands of pounds.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘Who's got the bestest watch?’ is closed to new replies.