Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Who's good for house insurance for older properties?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Think I’m paying too much currently but some of the insurers I’ve spoken to seem to struggle with anything that’s not brick built with a tiled roof.

nbt

try NFU – chapel en le frith is your nearest office I think

JPcapel
    Free Member

Depending on what you mean by older properties….
    If you simply mean Victoria, with slate roof. Most Insurers will still accept this within their underwriting criteria.
    Postoffice is a good recommendation I can offer, not a big name in the insurance market, but decent service, good prices and getting bigger by the day.
    M&S seem to consistently get good press, albeit heard there prices have recently seen a big hike.
    Halifax/Lloyds TSB Insurance remain good middle of the market people, reasonable service, decent prices.
    Avoid the direct writers, Direct Line, Churchill,etc tend to be hard work if you ever need to claim.
    If your in something Grade II listed, 15th century, or earlier, etc. then your choices will be quite greatly limited.
    Brokers maybe a good bet for finding something half sensibly priced.
    have heard good things about NFU, hear they are cheap, however no first hand experience.
    I work in the insurance industry, hope this helps.

charliemort

Home and Legacy

happily insure our late 1400’s very wobbly house, good service, rates have always been good – all inclusive including contents and bike cover

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member
    joemarshall
    Free Member

ING are happy with our Grade 2 listed 1790s stone house.

We had quotes from £300 a year to £3000 when we first looked around, and a whole load of people who just wouldn’t insure us at all.

Never claimed though, so no idea on that end of things.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Who's good for house insurance for older properties?’ is closed to new replies.