Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Who's gone from Android to iphone (and possibly back again) ?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

Ive been using Android for years and actually like not being an Apple sheep 🙂

On the other hand my contract is up and there seem to be deals to be had on the iphone 5

In a nutshell how painful is it, if at all, to go from one to the other – and maybe back again after another 2 years?

My main concerns:

Contacts – I sign in to Android and they are there, it looks like I can sign in to Google via the iphone but am not sure how easy this would be, Id rather not import/export via USB and itunes if can be helped

Backups of texts etc – again is this a simple file transfer

Apps – I know they arent compatible but can I transfer ownership to my wifes Android?

Errrr – and anything else?

Cheers – BTW I tried the search and surprisingly didnt come up with anything previous

Haze

Just done it, relatively painless but a few annoyances that needed a jailbreak to overcome.

Probably the lack of customisation will be a frustration after using Android, but if the hardware holds up then that’s what I’m in it for.

No problems with syncing up to my Google account as yet.

winrya
    Free Member

I went from a galaxy s2 to an iPhone 5 (had every iPhone since they came out before the s2) and lasted a week before I went back to be s2. Screen size and battery life was my biggest struggle. I’ve ordered an iPhone 6 again to give it a go but I’m aware I may need to exercise apples 14 day returns policy

prawny

I had an HTC desire for a year or so, decided I fancied an iPhone, spent a small fortune on one and sold it 4 months later to get another android. It properly wound me up.

I’m tempted by iPhones again, my ipad is good, but android is just so much cheaper and more open, I’d have to have a lot more spare cash to be an apple fanboi

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve been windows mobile through to version 6.x then Android then iPhone and now windows mobile. Changing should be pretty painless.

Contacts – easy, set up your Google account on the iPhone and you are done

Texts – not so sure you can transfer those.

Apps – I doubt you can transfer them to your wife, they’d rather she bought her own.

Worth giving iPhone a try to see what it’s like. I found it nice for being the first platform supported 99% of the time but ultimately the blandness made me move on.

spooky_b329

Android user, was given an iPhone for work and as a tool it does the job but it feels very restricted compared to Android.

I’ve never looked back since going sim only contract and buying my phones either unlocked or a locked pay as you go and a £1.50 ebay unlock code.

It removes the waiting game but I tend to be happy to keep my phone longer than the contract anyway.

If you do the sums, over 18 months it almost certainly will work out cheaper to buy the phone up front with a sim only contract.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Who's gone from Android to iphone (and possibly back again) ?’ is closed to new replies.