Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Who's getting a "cost of living" type pay rise this year?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

We’ve been offered 2.2% which, considering RPIX is 4.6%, is pretty poor. Then there’s the rise in VAT and NI next year…

Still – it’s better than a kick in the chuffer.

llama

not had one for years

mrsflash
    Free Member

Nope, no payrises at all in our place this year. Have only had payrises in last 6 years from moving jobs.

aP
    Free Member

Pay rise? Just given myself another 2.5% pay reduction. Well, its that or make someone redundant.

uplink
    Free Member

3% + 3 more days holiday for us

IanMunro
    Free Member

2.2% sounds better than the 0.5% we’re getting, which sounds a lot better than the 0% lots of other people are getting, which sounds better than P45s plenty of other people are getting.

ART

Er hello, what he said ^^^^. No payrise for 3 years now and on short time working from this month for the foreseeable future. Realise when you’ve got it good.

DezB
    Free Member

Got our bonus, so imagine the pay rises will be along shortly too.
    The benefits of working for a healthcare manufacturer, I guess.

jam-bo

11% 8)

soobalias
    Free Member

im eagerly anticipating a kick in the chuffer.

northshoreniall

pay freeze at moment and found out this week increment freeze too – so guess that works out as paycuts for next 2 years, yeah. glad to see my 12hrs night shift is going apreciated.

thepurist

I’m anticipating finally winding up my business early in the new year. So that’ll be a 100% pay cut.

kiwijohn

Haven’t had one in 3 or 4 years. Just finished my degree, so they’re not paying for that now. Need at least 15% increase to cover that.

cp

hmmm, 2% for us, first time in 10 ish years I believe.

The coffee machine has gone up by 47% though in one fell swoop.

richmars

Yes, if cost of living has gone down 30%.

lovewookie

Nope, not had a pay rise for 3 years.

may get something this year though, find out in the new year…

convert

0% here

Grimy
    Free Member

2.5% for us this year. Im quite happy about it considering the company is not making a profit. We didnt expect to be offered anything and decided at the union chapel not to push for much either.

clubber
    Free Member

3% in January. Didn’t get one at teh start of this year.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

0% here; same as last 3 years;
    The building industry is not a fun place to be in at the moment

MSP

I got 2% this year, which doesn’t sound bad compared to a p45 or a kick in the chuffer etc. But then the company I work for has increased profits by over 15%, so its pretty poor.

Inflation figures don’t represent the true cost of living increases and many companies seem to be using the current climate to screw their workers even more. I wonder how much longer this can go on for before the system actually breaks, I do think that the greed of many companies and corporations is actually speeding their demise.

anagallis_arvensis

got 2% this year or something, not sure about next year, luckily (if thats they right way of looking at it) I’m at the lower end of the teachers pay scale.

kimbers

we got 0% but xmas eve as holiday to make up for it

stupid coalition cutting science spending, also stupid stock markets for wiping out lots of our assets and pension 🙁

theotherjonv

My company’s operating income has increased from approx $175 million to a forecasted $250M by year end.

We’re getting nothing because ‘the economic environment has yet to show long term signs of improvement. Situation will be reviewed mid year’

Oddly, when the economies went tits up at end of 2008, we got a 5% pay cut announced on 31/12/08 to protect operating income. Note – we didn’t get close to making a loss. And granted, that 5% was given back in Q2 this year (not back pay, just salaries returned to pre-cut levels)

Genuinely feel sorry for those in worse situations but am i greedy for feeling slightly put out that we carry the can when times are hard, but when they’re good the company benefits?

gordimhor

Big 0% here as well but could be worse 🙂 in fact I expect it will be worse next year thanks to fred the shred 👿

br
    Free Member

Genuinely feel sorry for those in worse situations but am i greedy for feeling slightly put out that we carry the can when times are hard, but when they’re good the company benefits?

http://www.personneltoday.com/articles/2010/11/01/56852/ftse-directors-pay-rise-figures-called-into-doubt.html

“Pay has indeed gone up over the last 12 months, but a 55% increase considerably overstates the situation,” he said. “The number in the IDS survey is an average, skewed by a small number of large increases. The equivalent median – a far more representative number – is less than half of this, at 23%.”

Dolcered

If im lucky nothing, if im not P45……….. mechanical engineer looking for a job potentially.

bol

Nothing for the next two years. Hopefully that’s the worst of it.

stumpyjon

Nothing again at our place. I’d love to see employers take the same stance with energy suppliers. Sorry due to the economic climate we can’t afford the increase in energy costs this year, I’m sure you understand it’s for the good of the company,…why’s it all gone dark?….

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Who's getting a "cost of living" type pay rise this year?’ is closed to new replies.