Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who’s doing the Keilder Avalanche Enduro?
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

I noticed someone mentioned they were doing it in a thread. I’ve entered as I’ve never done a techy enduro before. Any one else from here going to be there? Anyone done it before?

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

me.

ton

mmmmm might be too tough for me. fancy it tho.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Why too tough, Ton? The climbs aren’t timed as such, you just have a time limit by which you have to get to the next section and by all accounts, the time limits are pretty generous.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Me – not afraid of the uphills just staying in one piece down the DH’s. The stuff on you tube looks OK though fast, twisty and steep but not too many rock gardens 😉 Think that person we me 😉 LOL

jojoA1
    Free Member

I didn’t think it looked that steep. Maybe I was looking at the wrong clips. Looking forward to seeing what the trails are like in real life.

foxyrider
    Free Member

well I guess not stupidly steep – some of the clips look a little steep to be when you look at the position of the trees? but not not 1/3 or 1/4 type things – just means that you can go pretty fast without the owrry of doing big air/drops!

Simon

I’ve entered with 8 or 9 mates, I’ve never done a race of that format before.
    Should be good fun, we went for a recce ride at Kielder a couple of weeks ago, the trails are good, loads of rocks.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Yay, I like rocks. 🙂

lcj

Two more entered here. Looking forward to it, although not so much the drive up from Surrey on a Friday night and back down on Sunday!

Also doing the June Kona Mash Up – anyone else in?

Simon

Icj, that’s going to be along drive, it took us 3 hrs from West Yorks.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

did it last year. the only sticky bit was the 3 rock steps in the black section. it was well sign posted tho.
    Have fun. & take plenty of clothes if you are camping. it was chilly there last year.

flamejob
    Free Member

*tries to remember the three rock steps

+1 for the being chilly bit. We woke up and our water was frozen. The showers at that campsite are crap too.
    Where did you place crotch?

I might do the Ae one this year

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Who’s doing the Keilder Avalanche Enduro?’ is closed to new replies.