Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • whos coming to fort william this weekend?
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

we're going with our usual stall although i wont be on it due to wedding commitments 🙄 pop in and say hi to the guys running it though..

ill be there on sunday to watch the finish of the DH cannae wait! 😆

mangoridebike

I'll be there, first time for me, rather excited

Any hints for the best way to view the course, things to do etc?

specialone
    Free Member

I'm going 2nd year, cant wait.

Mangor – last year we got gondola up and then worked our way stopping off to watch the action getting to bottom for final few riders, seemed to work well

Hope the weather will be good

cullen-bay
    Free Member

after 3 years and a championship going to ft bill, i cant make it to it this year, im racing instead!

GW
    Free Member

rode the track all day yesterday, I'm not going up to watch but I reckon the DH racing's going to be awesome this year, the changes they've made to the track have made it much more fun to ride with a lot more line choices and should be way more fun to watch in a good few places now.
    On the way home I popped into a mate's to pick up some tyres (cheers HH), we chatted for a wee bit and he mentioned he was heading up for the world cup so I started trying to describe the best parts of the track for him to watch and he said he wasn't really interested in the Downhill. I was speechless (doesn't happen v.often). got me wondering though, how many others go all the way up for the event but aren't actually interested in watching DH?

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

the 4x on the saturday night is awesome both as a spectator event and just the level of skill needed to get down it!

roundwheels
    Free Member

Any hints for the best way to view the course.

beer googles allways works for me

robido

been every year since it started. gondola to the top and walk back down watch on the way works for me. going up thursday hope to ride ciaran path friday.fort bill till monday. then to laggan for the day. call at glentress on tuesday .just hope weathers good

GW
    Free Member

You could always just sit in the gondola drinking & talking shite to the riders

Diane
    Free Member

Me! Can't wait 🙂

ricardo666
    Free Member

I'm going third year for me.

4X is awesome, For the DH get the gondola up, and work
    your way back down finding a good spot to take the odd photo.

Take plenty of snacks and the bladder from yer
    camelback, dont forget the suncream too.

mangoridebike

Woohoo – just found out I've won 2 VIP passes for the Sunday through work 🙂

enduro-aid
    Free Member

Me and the misses will be there, 2nd year for us

heading up first thing saturday morning and aiming to be at the hill for DH qualiy, then its beers and 4X

as said before head to the top for the first few riders down and walk the course aiming to be at the bottom for the top 5 (takes about 2 hours to walk it at a slow pace with stops for photos)

Mango…what does the VIP get you???

enduro-aid
    Free Member

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/he/fort_william_forecast_weather.html

5 day forecast looking dodgy for sat and good for sun

Drac

Working, I always seems to be at work when it's on.

mangoridebike

As far as I can see, access to a VIP marquee which has food & drink included, a VIP section of the grandstand and the gondola, which I would imagine is a part of a normal ticket anyway.

So basically a comfy(ish) seat and some free food. I'm definitely not complaining though as it saves me the price of the tickets I was going to buy anyway 🙂

enduro-aid
    Free Member

if your getting free drink, I think you should walk outside the marquee and hand the pint to poor peasants like myself!

and then go back in and get another for yourself of course

Mark

Singletrack will be there with a free bar for subscribers… Bring your Subs Card 🙂

mangoridebike

I'm not sure what the "drink" is, it may just be non-alcoholic beverages.

If it is alcoholic I'll be the crumpled heap in the corner by mid afternoon 😉

mangoridebike

Does anyone know if you're able to enter and leave the site easily during the day? My son would love to see it, but there is no way he'd last the full day there, so I'm considering going with him, taking him home, and then heading back. Any reason why this would be a bad plan?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘whos coming to fort william this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.