Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Who's been to antur stiniog riding…??
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Also what bike did you take,what was weather like as looks like rain when were going
    Best flowing track …..??
    All the best to you all…..

100mphplus
    Free Member

I went on my DH bike, but you’d be ok with a 5″ or 6″ AM bike as there were plenty of them there, or some hardcore riders were even on hardtails.

Tracks are all weather, just be careful on the rock slabs though as they are slippy.

All tracks are flowy, they have been designed by someone who know’s the craic 😉 they just get more technical, steep, ‘jumpy’ and rocky towards the double black.

flange
    Free Member

flowy? Man alive, I thought they were proper rocky/rough. I only did the black and double black but the lads with me said even the blue and red were pretty severe. You will be fine on a 5/6 inch travel bike but take plenty of tubes or tyres if you’re running tubeless.

I was on my DH bike and did 4 tubes in the space of 7 runs. Another mate took his DH bike, two others were on AM bikes. Awesome place though, well worth a visit. And it’ll be fine in the wet, but they tend to close the double black when its icy (having ridden it in the ice I can see why)

scruff
    Free Member

We did a day last Friday, me and 1 mate on XC bikes another mate on DH bike. Blue and red pretty easy but fun at speed and you can go very fast on Red and pump the eff out of the blue so probably better on shorter travel, Black fine if your confident and a DH bike more useful on there. All weather trails with really good drainage, it was utterly minging when we where there, sideways heavy rain and ice on some slab sections but no standing water anywhere, good cafe & fast uplift. I’d serpantly recommend dual plys, I had Minion Dh F ST front and 60a DP HR on the back, I’d take Supertackies both ends next time.

edit- I dinged by rear Flow alot but no punctures.

honourablegeorge

Found myself longing for the lighter bike on the Red & blue one of the days I was there – the headwind was so strong that you actually had to pedal down some of the hill. Previosu day was great fun though, good trails, fast uplift, good setup all round, and nice folks running it.

flange
    Free Member

Really? Sounds like I need to man up a bit then….

MadPierre

I took my DH bike. All the trails are great fun. Could do ’em on any bike but bigger = more fun.

My helmet cam of all four trails is here: http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/video/15-wales.html

philfive
    Free Member

The double black is evil and very steep.

you can ride blue, red and black on anything.

scruff
    Free Member

And I’m sure I saw Orcs on the hillside opposite.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Speed is your friend on the black / Dble black, you start to ride over the top of the rocky stuf 😉

JohnnyPanic

We were there 3 weeks ago – brilliant fun. We were riding Meta 55’s & an Orange 5. One lad had a Norco Shore. Personally I did a couple of red’s and one black but many many blue’s just because it was faster & more fun.

There was a pro photographer there (a saturday) taking pics throughout the day – he kept appearing at different points on the hillside. He puts his shots up here; http://wayneshakell.smugmug.com/Sports

Should give you an idea.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Who's been to antur stiniog riding…??’ is closed to new replies.