Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Who’s been riding already today?
  • Alex

Me 🙂 8am start for a Malverns Dawn raid. Fantastic out there. Superb views, rock hard trails, some ice to keep you awake. Chilly tho, -5 when I left the house. The early start is probably the reason I forgot my camera. Shame as there is snow on the tops that looks great.

Now. Bacon Sarnies, pint of tea, some smugness and ready to tackle the not insignificant job of fixing the stairs 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

It was surprisingly nippy today! I think we are getting the arctic blast too.

Just a local ride as I am recovering from a bug over Christmas and just wanted to see how bad I would feel out riding, which was a little bit bad but nothing too bad so should be ok by next weekend.

Merlinman

Me – early doors round my local frozen woods.

Alex

Have to be honest Simon, it doesn’t look that cold compared to the frozen toes I had this morning!

samuri
    Free Member

Yep,I’ve been out for a quick 25 miler. It was going to be twice that long but I got called out so had to rush back home. Loads of ice up on the hills, went on my arse a couple of times.

Alex

Woods yesterday Rob were warmer than the tops! You and your quick 25 milers Jon. Scary. 25 miles for me in the Malverns would require an afternoon with nothing but sofa’s and sleeping in it!

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yes, pretty ‘fresh’ it was as well !!

Went to some local woods I hadn’t been to for a while and was met by the dreaded site of ‘warning – forest operations’ signs.
    I understand (and agree with) the concept of retaining the remnants of our heathland areas but why do they (Euroforest in this case) have to leave the area so damaged and inhospitable after they’ve finished felling.

Anyway, riding along 5-6 foot deep frozen tyre tracks was certainly a new experience but it’s going to be a sludgefest once it thaws and we’ve had some rain……….

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i went out for a road ride about 10am. Was back home before 12 as i was struggling 🙁 Time for lunch and a lazy afternoon on the sofa 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

kids on trailer to park , kids on balance bike in the park … the eldest (3) crashed deliberately (off road) and said look Daday I am like you I CRASHED

knottie8
    Free Member

ten or so cold miles on the Qs with my son Mike(and his camera) and Nathan. The ground is frozen solid so the bikes dont realy need a clean.I’ll post some pics later.

me climbing Bicknoller combe on my SS !

ton

i shall be going at 4pmish when it starts to get colder n darker.
    just charging the lumis.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

first night ride of the new year this evening!
    Hoorah!

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple of hours round Swinley. Trails are perfect, dry and hard. Millions of people out, millions i tell ‘e!
    Simon, what’s your Jamis like? Not something you see in UK since ’03. Is yours more recent? Wos it like?

MartynS

did a very nice run round Chelmorton, near Buxton.
    Its like riding in mid summer at the moment (apart from the sub zero temps!) everything is just solid and really fast!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Reluctant

Basically this cost me £290 from my local bike shop in Gibraltar. I bought it as much of my “ride from my house” rides are maybe 80% road and 20% farmtrack rides, i.e. that is the mix on a single ride. As far as i know it is the latest model.

I also bought it for pootling around locally as I wouldn’t wwant to leave my Kona locked up somewhere. I did buy a road bike but didn’t really enjoy it so I sold it and got this instead.

Yes – it is very good I have to say for the money. Nothing special, but seems to be quite a good spec for the money and I can’t fault it for what it is. In Gibraltar the choice is obviously limited, and it was either this, or a Raleigh.

catshoe
    Free Member

been out, just a quick blast round Llandegla but by ‘eck it diod me good

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Just back from doing a tour of Skiddaw 🙂 Fantastic icy fun!

mutley

Chilterns 16 miles this morning. -4

brrr

chilly but great

Reluctant
    Free Member

Thanks for info, Simon, just curious as I sold Jamis for a couple of years and always liked them. Good to know they’re still going….if not in the UK!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

just back from quick lap of the local loop damn it was cold glad i brought a new Buff over the xmas period,but very dry/frozen cooking chill for tea and drinking coffee to warm up.

nickegg
    Free Member

Was up on the Mendips at half 8. Stunningly beautiful and no one around. Never ridden in such frosty conditions but loved it. Had great fun on a very secret section of singletrack that i have only had the pleasure of riding in damp conditions and in the dark. No need to drift the corners today, never ridden it that fast before.

BoardinBob

Just back from Carron Valley. Car park was sheet ice and the more exposed sections of the trails were icy but once you were in the trees it was ok. The top section of Eas Dubh was almost unrideable though

kinda666
    Free Member

Quick hour and a half round Cannock, then got shovelling with the lads from chase trails on the start of phase 2!

catfood
    Free Member

A few hours round Swinley, one of the millions, as Reluctant says busy and dry, about as good as I`ve seen it in many a long while.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Who’s been riding already today?’ is closed to new replies.