Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • who'd win, mo farah vs usain bolt
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I’d suggest anyone who thinks they could keep up with either of them is probably deluding themselves ( over any bloody distance you want)

He is a 6 foot five sprinter who weighs 94 kg I doubt he can do [very long]distance well so I assume long enough and many decent runners will beat him
    5 minute miles piece of piss ….on the bike

rusty90
    Free Member

I tried to see how long I could keep up the 13mph it takes to do a 2 hour marathon

Did some interval training in my triathlon days; 400m flat out, 400m jog, repeat etc. We were feeling quite pleased with ourselves until someone pointed out that our 400m flat out was slower than the average speed of an elite marathon runner.
    Remember, the fast guys (and gals) are VERY fast indeed.

surfer
    Free Member

here run close to a 4 minute mile…?

Not very. 4:17

aracer
    Free Member

if you take the WR mens marathon time which is 2:03 and average over 26 miles they are running sub 5 minute miles. Anyone here run close to a 4 minute mile…?

What’s the relevance of a 4 minute mile in that context? I’ll wave my willy though as I’ve run sub 5 (once, just). For a bit of context, my 10k pb is 35:30 and I was probably running faster when I did my sub 5.

I know guys that are really really quick who are doing 35-37 mins for a 10k ( this would win most club events)

I didn’t win any when I was doing ~35, and the winner was way out of reach when I did some more recently at ~38 minutes – I thought the standard of club events was fairly low here given 38 was still getting me top 10, but it must be even worse where you are!

BTW I love the expression in that article: “mutually inconvenient distance”

warton
    Free Member

Or jump on a treadmill and set it to 12 miles an hour and see how long you last!

I used to do intervals at the gym, setting the treadmill to 12mph for my ‘sprint’ interval.

the mind truly boggles how people can run that pace for two hours. It’s insane.

robbespierre
    Free Member

Bolt would win any race to a tub of steroids.
    Mo would win any race to a jar of EPO.

Discuss 😉

finbar
    Free Member

I didn’t win any when I was doing ~35, and the winner was way out of reach when I did some more recently at ~38 minutes – I thought the standard of club events was fairly low here given 38 was still getting me top 10, but it must be even worse where you are!

I won a 10km a fortnight ago in 41.20 😳

It was offroad in the event’s defence.

LHS
    Free Member

Bolt would win up to 612m, over that Farah would win.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Gee Atherton versus Cav on an XC course?

Cav any day of the week. He’s a sprinter and has ridiculous bike handling skills.

tomhoward

has ridiculous bike handling skills

Is he an ex mountain biker?

kudos100
    Free Member

Lol at the middle aged men claiming that because they ran a half decent 100m as a teen, they would beat Mo Farah.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Is he an ex mountain biker?

According to his Twitter feed last week there is no ex about it.

TerryWrist
    Free Member

I think some people are describing themselves as “sprinter” using the STW definition, which is:

“fat IT worker, too unfit to run/cycle that far, gets slower as distance increases. Needs high energy gels/cheesecake/coke to fuel their explosive efforts.”

finbar
    Free Member

Bolt would win up to 612m, over that Farah would win.

I think 535 m is where they’d meet.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I have a memory of School during a long hot Summer. Athletics was the PE lesson and I think Seb Coe held the World 800M record.

Fastest 8 sprinters ran a relay and came no where near the record. Was quite a long time ago and I am sure it is not a hallucination.

thegreatape
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Mo = Molgrips. SCIENCE FACT!

Lots of men wondering if Mo Grips is going to go for the overtake.

With only 100m between corners, who knows?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Whoops

Drac

I reckon Molgrips will be using Di-tutetamine? brohohibe

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lots of men wondering if Mo Grips is going to go for the overtake

😆

Superb
    won it twice in one thread now go put in in a special frame somewhere

molgrips
    Free Member

I think some people are describing themselves as “sprinter” using the STW definition

I’m going by my school year. As fit as anyone else on the football field, comfortably the best at 100/200/400; behind almsot all the sporty kids at anything over a mile.

m1kea
    Free Member

As a slight digression, I wonder how many people could ride 100m in sub 10 secs? – Don’t forget that it’d be a standing start which would mean the sprinters would be away before you’re wound the power up.

tomhoward

I reckon a fair few of us.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I reckon not a lot of us, if any.

richmars

All this is irrelevant anyway.
    We all know that Olympic metres aren’t the same as SI metres. They’re about 80cm instead of 100cm, that’s why Mo and Ussain are so fast.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I reckon a fair few of us.

Are you quite sure?

http://www.crankcycling.com/usain-bolt-vs-sean-eadie/

n.b. obviously there are gearing issues at play on a track bike but it’s certainly not a complete cinch.

molgrips
    Free Member

As a slight digression, I wonder how many people could ride 100m in sub 10 secs?

I did a flying 200m at the track once, I forget what my time was though. I think I came in just under 10s, 9.6 rings a bell. That was on a hire bike too. That works out about 45mph, which seems quick, but tracks are very quick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can someone please tag this with molgrips=awesome?

😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

I did a flying 200m at the track once, I forget what my time was though. I think I came in just under 10s, 9.6 rings a bell. That was on a hire bike too. That works out about 45mph, which seems quick, but tracks are very quick.

The men’s record of 9.572 seconds was set by Kévin Sireau in Moscow, Russia on May 30, 2009.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. guess not then 🙂 In that case I cannot remember.

mudshark
    Free Member

Lol at the middle aged men claiming that because they ran a half decent 100m as a teen, they would beat Mo Farah.

Given a bit of training Molgrips could and don’t see why I couldn’t – but then I don’t fit the overweight thing. Quite interested now so will look for a local 100m track – 12.9? Did 11.7 10 years ago without much practice.

Tom-B
    Free Member

😆 I’ll not bother reposting the picture from page one!

Molgrips iz teh awesumz

surfer
    Free Member

Fastest 8 sprinters ran a relay and came no where near the record. Was quite a long time ago and I am sure it is not a hallucination.

You would have to have a team of talented athletes to get close to 1:41 which is what Coe ran for the World record. In fact here it is. Circa 50 secs per lap.

Coe First man inside 1:42 for 800m

molgrips
    Free Member

I may not be at my personal best but I could very easily beat 12.9! It’s really not that fast, 13 year olds up and down the country are beating that.

I’m now tempted to find a track and time myself too 🙂 I wonder if anyone make a smartphone app for self-timing? It could be voice or vibration activated…

surfer
    Free Member

I love the way everybody ran such fantastic times in their youth etc. I know lots of people who were running incredible 5 and 10k times 20 years ago.
    I think they get better/faster with every telling!

tomhoward

Are we talking about a track bike, or geared roadbike?

(Consensus in the office on Mo vs Bolt is Mo over 600m. Admitedly all the wimmins voted for Mo on the basis of ‘he’s lovely’ rather than any athletic prowess.)

Drac

Given a bit of training Molgrips could and don’t see why I couldn’t

Here this should help.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwer1CiteBg[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Bolt does train over 600m though apparently.

Surfer, if you think I am showing off, let me tell you my best ever (and last) result was 5th in county athletics. In Herefordshire, which is a shit county.

I gave it up because I didn’t enjoy it, and I didn’t think I was talented enough compared to my mum.

timidwheeler

Mo is lovely.
    That to one side, I do feel he can claim a certain athletic prowess 😆

surfer
    Free Member

Surfer, if you think I am showing off, let me tell you my best ever (and last) result was 5th in county athletics. In Herefordshire, which is a shit county.

I wasn’t referring to you Molly it was a general point.
    Anyway 5th at what distance and age group?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘who'd win, mo farah vs usain bolt’ is closed to new replies.