Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who Wins ?
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Just got back from a 35 min spin class where your Power, RPM , Est Calories, distance and Total power are given to you at the end of the class

Me … avg RPM 86….. avg power 176 …. Distance 14.5k

Pal … Avg RPM 76… avg power 184 … Distance 12.9k

Not sure I liked the class…. lots of low RPM, stand up and grind it out…. Not sure that’s great training for my Half Iron in early May.

Any way… who wins… ?

Does my mate’s power top my greater distance… or are we comparing apples to pears

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It looks like you beat him by about a mile, so you win.

jameso

You need to know power as % of threshold power to see who worked hardest, as surely how hard you work is the game, no-one does spin/turbo work for fun!

tomhoward

Who would win if it was first to 13k?

theotherjonv

You need to know power as % of threshold power to see who worked hardest

This. If you are super elite and your mate is just starting out, it would look a whole load different to you being evenly matched, he’d have been beasting himself while you were bimbling.

TiRed

I’d ask for my money back – 86 rpm is not spinning. Divide your power by body weight for Watts/kg, or threshold if you kow it. I suspect you were working harder.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Tired … agreed… But I think because the venue is in the City it plays to it’s target audience …. Power crazed City gits.

That and gym bunnies who want to know they’ve burn x number of calories in their lunch break

It was 20 quid for 20 days and some of the fellas from the office have joined so I thought why not… will not be going after that opening offer… it’s £15 a session or 75 quid a month !!

So I’ll try some of the other classes, get in there early adding a good 10min warm up/build so that the sessions are more like 45mins and add a run back to the office to make it more worth my while.

And yes my pal is a good stone heavier than me

daveagiles
    Free Member

£15 a session 😯

for that amount I would expect someone to pedal for me.

Silly.

eviljoe
    Free Member

£15 a session

for that amount I would expect someone to pedal for me.

Silly.

The House Always Wins 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who Wins ?’ is closed to new replies.