• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by viv.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Who wants a biking holiday!
  • viv
    Free Member

No-one I know rides, id like a biking holiday. Thinking french alps, for some freeride and french food.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Are you paying? 😛

viv
    Free Member

For me? Yes. For you? No.

vrapan
    Free Member

It could have been but freeride and me will result in tears… good luck!

viv
    Free Member

Vrapan – not sure what my skill level is to be honest, but I like berms and flowing downhill, if you have a full suss you'll be fine….

poisonspider
    Free Member

No wonder no-one rides with you! 😉

In all seriousness, I've been on many bike holidays on my own before I met a group of like minded mates, the Alps, Moab and the Pyranees to name a few.

All the holiday companies will take single travelers and you never know you might make some mates you can ride with back home like I did.

vrapan
    Free Member

I do know mine though :p I am total rubbish

TheSwede
    Free Member

Are you a cute, mid to late twenties hunny bunny?
    or any age female?
    or just warm?

viv
    Free Member

Just think it'll be weird going by myself, an touch risky if I crash by myself? I ride by myself all the time but going to another country that I dont know and going down mountains alone seems a tad dodgy.

benji_allen
    Free Member

I'm going to the Alps on my own in August. I prefer going away alone and joining a group. Done it with Jagged Globe a couple of times too. It's a good way to make friends.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Me and the wife are going in August. We normally end up befriending people while we're there and forming a little group to ride with (wife feels like I'm less likely to pull her legs off in a group) You'll be fine going it along unless you're a totally miserable sod and can't get on with people. 😆

poisonspider
    Free Member

That's the thing Viv, if you go with a company you're not on your own. On a couple of the holidays I went on there were women who had come on their own.

(Have we actually established you are indeed a woman? If you are not then I apologise and please ignore my post above.) 😳

viv
    Free Member

Thats it then, guess ill go trail addiction then…

poisonspider
    Free Member

I've not been with Trail Addiction but I have been to Les Arcs twice and I can heartily recommend it.

viv
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint guys, im one of you.

*TheSwede logs off*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Who wants a biking holiday!’ is closed to new replies.