Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Who uses the gym?
  • scud
    Free Member

I find it useful for some things, in that i love the Concept 2 rowing machine and could not afford to buy one, and i find it much easier and more consistent to do structured interval training on a rower or spin-bike than actually out on the MTB itself.

I agree that the place is full of 20 something, vain, flexing fools though, but i like that as it gives me something to giggle at and breaks the boredom of what i’m doing!

I worked briefly in a leisure centre where the main mirror into the gym was actually two-way glass, so we got to laugh all day at the peacocks preening themselves in the mirror, little did they know the faces being pulled by the staff the other side

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Oh, whereabouts do you stay? I’m aiming for my cat 1 licence next year, 225 points needed so need to race as much as poss! 😯

karen805
    Free Member

I use a gym 3 or 4 times a week, luckily there is one at work – combined with running a few times a week, it keeps me fit for riding (which unfortunately at the moment isn’t as frequent as I’d like).

The only machine I use is a weight rope machine, all my other exercises are done with just body weight, kettle bells, dumb bells, gym balls and a Bosu ball, oh and a TRX.

jimster
    Free Member

I’ve just reduced my gym membership down to Swim, from Gym and Swim as I didn’t use the Gym during the summer. Got a Kettlebell at home for strengthwork and swim 2/3 times a week.

May ramp it back up again later in the year, just see how I go on.

jekkyl

why would I pay for gym membership when the world is free?

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve probably been to a gym about three times in the last ten years, I’d rather do some form of circuit training outside in the park.

tony24
    Free Member

Suppose it if you want to build mucles etc if your happy looking how you are just do bodyweight stuff if you want to add a bit of size get in the gym on the heavy weights. I must admit isolationa exercises are boring. Compound lifts are another matter

caspian
    Free Member

Am away for three weeks work in Aktobe, Kazakhstan. Flat and no bike, so went running. Police tried to take passport and/or $200 so won’t be doing that again. Shame as the street layout is conducive to multiple Strava street penises a la below:

http://www.strava.com/runs/18625394

So gym it is with the sweaty svetlanas 🙁

mbr30
    Free Member

I use the gym about 5 times a week. I’m absolutely addicted. I’ve been going for a few years now but only really started making decent gains in the last year or so when I started to do exercises correctly. I find it therapeutic and thoroughly enjoyable. Each to their own really.

My lightbulb moment came when I realised you don’t need to lift ridiculously heavy weights to build bulk. Do reps slooowly with good form and concentrate on the negative. That seems to work for me anyway..

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Who uses the gym?’ is closed to new replies.