Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Who thought yesterday was the best says riding ever?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

well may be not ever but dust, heat and sunshine in October was lovely.

I set off for a brief pootle around the woods for and hour and ended up staying 6 hours. Returned home knackered, perhaps two sachets of energy jam were not enough for 6 hours.

Nature seems to be confused. All the birds were tweeting like spring, there were two lizards sunbathing on the trail and saw a big hairy yellow catapillar.

Sitting here this morning tired and aching but happy

crispo
    Free Member

We had rain up north 😥

neilforrow

The weekend was epic. 3 BBQs 3 good rides, beach, seeing old friends. I wish they could all be like that…

there were a lot of butterflies too?? they shouldn’t be out this time of year??

TheFlyingOx

There’s only one explanation. Pole shift, causing the earth to tilt on its axis. Hey, if we end up 300 miles closer to the equator then I’m not going to complain.

FWIW, it was poo up here in Scotland.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lots of butterflies and other insects but no biting ones!

racefaceec90

it was fantastic.i went out night riding on saturday,and it felt like the med.i hope this weather stays 😀 edit and i saw lots of wildlife also (3 barn owls for starters 😀

Dancake
    Free Member

If it was raining, I might have got out…

BBQs in October ?I had the kind of hangover yesterday that could only be fixed by drinking more beer.

nbt

I think you’ll find satuday was the better day. 5 and a half hours round delamere – four adults, four kids, Four islabikes, three inbreds (rebirth of the inbred jihad?) and me on the ss. The kids did brilliantly and were upset we had to head back home to get tea!

grum
    Free Member

Well, it was grey and drizzly all day in the Lakes….

But I did 28k (with 900m of climbing) round Grizedale and Parkamoor, which I think is just about the longest ride I have managed in the last couple of years since getting ill with PVFS/CFS. It’s a cracking route too, so a great day despite not enjoying the ‘indian summer’.

Popocatapetl

I went to Ireland for the weekend on Friday with 14 friends. We rode from Rathnew to kilkenny and it didn’t stop raining all weekend 🙁 👿

Harry_the_Spider

Nah, Saturday was.

amodicumofgnar

Didnt ride yesterday but Saturday was a great day’s riding – a bit of a tour round Chinley, Hayfield, Goyt favourites. Wednesday was probably the best day of the week for me – Penmachno, then a trip to the coast for some beach wandering and finished with a curry in Llanwrst.

wwaswas

there’s just enough dry fallen leaves to make that lovely crunching noise as your tyres roll over them but not enough to actually hide the right path.

foxyrider
    Free Member

there’s just enough dry fallen leaves to make that lovely crunching noise as your tyres roll over them but not enough to actually hide the right path.

+1 – nice day but bloomin hot up the steeper climbs!

devs
    Free Member

Night ride Friday. Hot and muggy but lots of wildlife. Nearly hit a roe deer at 30mph which would have been messy. Then the rain came. It was nice yesterday afternoon. Wasn’t riding but was out for the boy’s rugby and saw this seal swim up to and then climb up this rock.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d definitely say Saturday was my best ride at Swinley 🙂

wwaswas

bloomin hot up the steeper climbs!

+1

🙂

the climb up from Stanmer to the SDW and up to Devils Dyke was ‘mare on the singlespeed.

Crell
    Free Member

I walked the three peaks – it poured down all day, with lots of mist thrown in for good measure. I do however ache like the OP

stumpy01

I (we) had an awesome weekend in Wales….

We stayed at the Llys Edowain hostel in Trawsfyfnydd and got up early for a ride round The Beast on Saturday. The weather was great and we had a fab ride. The majority of the route was bone dry, which I think was a first for me at CyB. I certainly felt like I was riding the technical sections a lot faster than I have done on the old bike too.

Sunday we headed over to Penmachno and did loop 1. Again, it was a great ride – some of the descents at Penmachno really are fantastic. It’s a very natural feeling trail centre; narrow trails, fast & swoopy through the trees. We had about 5 mins of rain, but that was it.

Legs are feeling it today!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm I’d say all last week was pretty epic. MTB on Tue/Wed/Fri/SUP on Thurs/Roadie on Sat/Open swimming on Sun.
    Not bad for Oct eh.
    I was thinking the week before about putting the winter tyres back on the MTB, but now I’ll keep the hardpack’s on for a while yet as it looks like we’ll have hard trails for sometime to come. Even with this weeks later forcast of dropping temps I’m sure the trails will still be hard and dry.
    I’m looking forward to leafy Autumn’ness me.. Fave time of year.

We really should have a sticky thread “Autumn’ness” for photos no?, like the Bluebells one earlier in the year.

slowrider
    Free Member

thursday: 4hrs round the ladybower area, lots of fast,dusty cheeky trails.
    friday: quick play on the dj bike, too hot for much more!
    saturday: skills course with Jedi, awesome weather and even better riding.
    sunday: took the kids to the 4x track and half pipe for a muckabout. took it a bit easy as a few bumps and bruises from the day before 😳

best weekends riding for a while 8)

amodicumofgnar

We really should have a sticky thread “Autumn’ness” for photos no?, like the Bluebells one earlier in the year.

I like the idea of seasonal sticky photo threads – bluebells, meadows in flower, heather moors, autumn colours, snow and ice.

binners

I’m with Harry. Saturday’s Rammy turbine ride was absolutely perfect. Glorious sunshine, Clear skies with amazing views.

And a pie and a pint in the pub afterwards. Whats not to like 😀

cupra
    Free Member

P*sh sat and sun and never got out at all. It seems like plenty of you did and enjoyed it, good on ya. 🙂

Big-Dave
    Free Member

The weather was lovely but a snapped chain on Saturday lead to an ‘off’ on a particularly rocky section of trail and my road ride on Sunday was cut short by a sore knee 🙁

It was at least an exuse to swear at random bicycle parts do some bike fettling in the garage.

Pook

I think you’ll find 7 hours round the peak was even better on both days!

chakaping
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend of riding (Aston Hill Friday, Surrey Hills Sat and local Sunday).

Anybody else absolutely covered in insect bites today though?

Paceman
    Free Member

One of the best this year… super-fast local singletrack loop, cleared all the logs, jumps etc, suer-hero riding 😆

yoda
    Free Member

Dalby Saturday, was the best trail conditions I’ve ever ridden at Dalby! Made me see the place in a whole new light.
    Got there late so no congested trails and the temperature was dropping after the mid day heat. Perfect!

Sunday was just a drizzly shi**er of a day.

flamejob
    Free Member

I went up to Flims (Swiss Alps) for the day with a friend who has never ridden a FS bike. He used my spare DH bike.

He got the hang on the second run 🙂 Lovely weather and beautiful scenery before the menacing grey blanket arrives

[video]http://vimeo.com/29935138[/video]

zedhead
    Free Member

Yup, did Follow The Dog and Monkey trail last Thursday (first time at Cannock) and it was superb, despite the cramp on the last section (yup, I overheated). Went back on Friday and Followed the Dog again. Over to Llandegla this morning – first person in the car park and an excellent ride round the black. The most riding that I’ve ever done in five days. More of this please!

DaRC_L

It was fab to be riding in sunshine, warmth etc… except I got up too late and the SDW plus environs was busy with other trail users – how very dare they 😉

So a few route changes for badly placed horses, slowing down for walkers but most everyone was happy and said hello.

The only downer was my lack of climing ability – my new heart&lungs still haven’t arrived – so I failed to complete the black road upto Keymer Post. Then I span out on the Chute up Wolstonbury Ring 👿

jedi

high5 slowrider, glad you enjoyed it again 🙂

dadster21
    Free Member

Sunday was glorious – put together a little vid of the scoot around the woods……

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwFFdpd25JY&sns=em[/video]

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

dadster – vid is blocked for copyright reasons

Still sunny so I am going to head back up the woods and punish my aching body some more!!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

And now I have cut my bleeding finger open!

What makes it worse is that I was on a personal best of 3 rides in a row without injury.

br
    Free Member

North Downs, and probably the hottest days ride of the year.

Box Hill, across Ranmore and then up Leith and onto Holbury and then back across Ranmore – didn’t manage Pitch Hill as we took a beer in The Bull and time was against us.

Jamesy
    Free Member

didn’t ride the weekend but luckily for us we booked rose cottage in afan for the week, couldn’t of timed that better if we tried :). 5 days of wall to wall sunshine all week with mates and some excellent riding, loved skyline 🙂

dadster21
    Free Member

Try this link now – it works after fixing the copyright dispute!

Blinded by the Light

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Who thought yesterday was the best says riding ever?’ is closed to new replies.