Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • who still uses bar ends? which ones?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

as above, im missing having them. i used to have kcnc abs then cane creek ergos. The latter were great. anthing similar?

cinnamon_girl

Ergons for me.

ssboggy

Ergons here too

cinnamon_girl

H u g e Ergons here which could be a pita on single track:

Replaced by smaller Ergons:

BillOddie

I did until recently. Cheap Tioga ones from CRC did the job.

ton

ergons here.

theotherjonv

Cane Creek Ergo II

It’s them and swearing that gets my SS up hills

richardthird

Again, Ergon GP2s. SS and XC bikes.

smett72

Cane Creek Ergo II for me as well.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Old pair of Spesh ones, cut down to half length and buffed off with wire brush for plain alu bling

dknwhy

Ergon GP3 for me on my xc hardtail. Not on my full suss though.

I like them but think my bars are a little bit too wide (700mm). Should probably cut them down a bit as the position feels a bit unnatural and stretched.

benp1

Spesh ones on my flat bar road bike

Cane Creek Ergo ones on my Solaris, they’re very good

Bar ends are handy for when you need to do an emergency bit of shopping bag hanging

maxlite
    Free Member

Had some Giant similar to Cane creek until they hooked up on a tree and flung me into another tree, nasty.

I’ve taken them off…..blame Strava and tight single track!

They are for sale if anybody is interested plus have some stuby Ergon’s which are magnesium

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve got some for sale I took off a bike I rebuilt in a drawer somewhere if anyone wants some cheapos?

jekkyl

There’s a lot of hate for barends on here I’ve found but I have them on my bike and I love them. Great choice of positions for general riding and boosting uphill. One of the other great advantages I’ve found is when you have a mechanical and you have to flip the bike over it’s not resting on your brakes or shifters and only the bar ends get scraped.

scotroutes

Ergo IIs

benp1

I was the only one I saw with bar ends at BPW earlier this year

(Was also on a hardtail with mudguards and (empty) bottle cages for further niche value

shermer75
    Free Member

Small Ergons here too

CHB

Some proper X-Lite ones here. Red annodised.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Tomac stubbies from yonks ago and a pair of decathlon ergo type. These are sold under a few names. Like both tbh, the Tomacs work better with the Fleegles I have on that bike.

warpcow
    Free Member

Cane Creek Ergo were amazing on my SS. Now I just have some lovely old Onza Ski-bends on my commuter.

iridebikes
    Free Member

I think I’ll go with cane creeks again. Although I’ll look at the giants. If anyone wants to sell me some I’d be interested. I’ll be going from 780mm bars to 750 with bar ends. I think it will be roughly the same.

scaredypants

cane creek (had some very angled ritchey ones on some daft on-one bar for a while, too)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘who still uses bar ends? which ones?’ is closed to new replies.