Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Who should play Jack Reacher?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Obviously Tom Cruise is a joke, but who should do it? Although not really physically big enough I think a younger Clint Eastwood would work. I’m struggling for a modern day actor who could fill his shoes, any ideas?

nbt

Dolph Lundgren would have been great

cobrakai

John Travolta played a good MP in Basic and The Generals Daughter but might be a little bit too old for it now.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Dolph has the build, but comes over a bit too Swedish. Maybe if they punched his face in a bit. 🙂

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Thomas Jane

ahwiles
    Free Member

someone ‘new’.

deft
    Free Member

Oh….it is actually Tom Cruise….fancy that….

Bagstard
    Free Member

Someone new would be best, shame it wont happen though! I like Cruise even less now, what a joke!

votchy
    Free Member

Who is Jack Reacher?

DezB
    Free Member
    ahwiles
    Free Member

here’s the internet…

thomas jane would be too short, just not as ‘too short’ as tom cruise.

DezB
    Free Member

What about that big werewolf guy from True Blood? He’s well buff.

Bagstard
    Free Member

He’s not really meant to be gym buff, just a naturally big strong guy.

votchy
    Free Member

DezB – thank you, Tom cruise not best choice, what about him what played Captain America or him that plays Wolverine?

Jonesy
    Free Member

Liam Neilson

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Liam Neeson

Bagstard
    Free Member

A roughed up Hugh Jackman could be ok, Liam Neeson is a bit old now and not really handsome enough. For me they need to exude military, even when dressed otherwise.

nbt

I always picture him looking a bit like jason statham, but he again is too short

Stuey01
    Free Member

I think Thomas Jane would be good. He looked pretty big in The Punisher.
    Hugh Jackman maybe (Wolverine).
    The Captain America guy (Chris Evans), is too young. Reacher is late 30’s when he gets out of the army.

I don’t think that the guy who plays him has to be 6’5″ as Reacher is supposed to be, but he has to be tall, reasonably built and “rugged” enough in appearance to carry off the demeanor. Cruise is a joke in the role.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    Bagstard
    Free Member

Stuey01, agreed, he doesn’t need to be exactly 6’5″, but he needs to be rugged and imposing – basically the opposite of Tom Cruise. I’m a bit peeved at the author Lee Child for selling out, surely he has enough money not to need to?!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Ruffalo looks to Mediteranean and cheerful.

rusty90
    Free Member

Cruise is a joke in the role.

Presumably Ronnie Corbett wasn’t available.
    It’s stressed enough in the books that he’s BIG!
    But Hollywood is a world unto itself – when they think ‘big’ they think of a big name.

Bagstard
    Free Member

with hands like a bunch of bananas or a catchers mitt! This is what annoys me, the author reinforces this description in every book, again and again, then he sells out to the scientologist! 🙄

oddjob
    Free Member

Hagrid?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got it! What about the other bloke from True Blood – Alexander Skarsgård.

Bimbler
    Free Member

The Rock fella, never read the books but the missus loves them, I read the blurb and I see the Rock

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gerard butler, Tom hardy?(bit short)

batfink
    Free Member

Statham would be good…. but I struggle to sit through any film where he adopts an american accent

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s stressed enough in the books that he’s BIG!

Well then it should be that wolf cjharacter from True Blood, as mentioned above:

Joe Manganiello

Bagstard
    Free Member

Statham’s accent can ruin any film and he’s too small anyway. Joe manganiello is too much of a ladies man, Jack Reacher would be Mr Primark and not pretty.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Humphrey Bogart

althepal

Tom Cruise?? Really? Oh FFS.. Makes no sense whatsoever..

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

if time travel’s allowed…

(edit) i’ve only read the one Reacher book, Without Fail – it was god-awful. Did i just happen across a particularly bad example, or are they really not for me?

batfink
    Free Member

Statham’s accent can ruin any film and he’s too small anyway

if we are only going to endrose people that are actually over 6’5″…. thats a very small pool of actors indeed!

loum
    Free Member

Keith Lemon

Bagstard
    Free Member

It’s not just the height, it’s the overall size and presence. The rock is who I would expect Hollywood to cast, but I think that would dumb it down too much. To me Hollywood are really missing out on the opportunity for a great series of films, hence they should have used someone new and molded them to it. What a waste!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Interesting choice loum, but I don’t see Reacher in a half leopard print shirt. 😆

FB-ATB

I think the way they’ll get round the height issue is for all the other actors to be shorter than Cruise

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Who should play Jack Reacher?’ is closed to new replies.