Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Who saw or rode the national CX Champs over the weekend?
  • leggyblonde
    Free Member

I was there racing in the Senior men yesterday but the less said about that the better…

It was however a great day with all the races providing some fantastic racing. I’m chuffed to bits for Fieldy, people will stop thinking he’s Spanish now!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

so much for cyclocross being popular round these parts 😀

clubber
    Free Member

There’s a big difference between riding CX bikes and racing CX bikes 🙂

How many people on here know or care about the British mtb champs – be it DH/XC/Trials?

GregMay
    Free Member

I ran the Irish ones. Does that count?

Ran as in made it work good race words no work.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I hear that there are video highlights or something on the BC website? Might have to have a gander at that later. I’d be interested to see that final corner tussle between Fieldy and Killeen.

I did see some of the US national champs on live stream. Does that count instead? Would be good to get the UK champs live streaming.

crazy-legs

I was there racing in the Senior men yesterday but the less said about that the better…

Oh I dunno, you weren’t last. 😉

barrykellett
    Free Member

GregMay – Member

I ran the Irish ones. Does that count?

Ran as in made it work good race words no work.

And it looks and sounds like you did a half decent job of it too 😆

plop_pants
    Free Member

I rode it leggy! Trouble is that despite trying to avoid anyone with a whiff of a sniff I got a stinking cold the day before. But such is the stupidity of old age I rode it (V50s) anyway. Came 21st, hoping for top 10 – 15. No disgrace I guess. Enjoyed the circuit and was thankful it wasn’t a hard one. It was nice to overtake Martin Eadon even if he did pack a bit later. Great to see Mick Bell win after centuries of trying! I think you were a london league regular so I guess you knew him?

njee20
    Free Member

Pleased to see Steve James win U23, good result for him, he’s a good lad.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I raced the Swedish national a month or so back, and then tried and failed to watch the US nationals via the internet last night.

Would love to race the UK ones one day. Not sure how I’d go about qualifying though.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Not sure how I’d go about qualifying though.

You might be able to qualify based on residence or club membership? The British Cycling website will have the answer. That works for the Scottish Champs anyway, although the rules may be stricter for the UK champs.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

i rode them and watched in the pits behind team hope bikes…sadly paul didnt win.

plop_pants
    Free Member

TSC – you’d be able to ride the National Trophy series but prob not the Nat Champs.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I’m British by birth, its just that I’m living aboard. Its more of a question of whether there are qualifying rounds etc, travelling for one race would be OK, doing a whole series a little impractical.

LS
    Free Member

You shouldn’t have a problem getting in, there isn’t a full field very often.
    You might struggle with the gridding as it’s based mainly on national ranking points. If you’ve picked up some UCI points in Sweden then you’ll be golden.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Great to see Mick Bell win after centuries of trying! I think you were a london league regular so I guess you knew him?

Yeah I’ve known Mick for a good while, really pleased for him too.

Oh I dunno, you weren’t last.

Not far off though! At least getting lapped and pulled out meant I saw that crash happen right in front of where I was watching.

Bikerbruce, U23? looked flipping quick! Still a bit slower than belgy I guess?

xcneil
    Free Member

Personally i was hoping Liam would get it as it seems clear he’s the stronger rider, driving the group etc just bad luck on the corner. On a plus note looks like he’s gonna be on it for the olympics

plop_pants
    Free Member

That last corner decided the v50s too. Both leaders crashed. Mick Bell got up the quickest. Couldn’t work out why it was such a problem, a little bit loose coming off the grass onto the gravel track but nowt else. Crossed elbows?

GregMay
    Free Member

And it looks and sounds like you did a half decent job of it too

Why thank you!

Was a good day out, pity I didn’t get to ride though 🙁 Ahh well.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Liam crashed on a different corner to Mick; a greasy off-camber right maybe 4 from the finish. It looked to me like Liam made a do-or-die outside manouvre knowing he had grippier tubs but overcooked it, slipped and hit Ian’s wheel. Racing isn’t purely about who is the strongest, Ian had the better head yesterday. Agree that Liam should be flying for the Olympics if this is his off season 😯

plop_pants
    Free Member

Ah yes, think I know the one, had a definite groove which gave an advantage if you got to it first.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Why thank you!

Was a good day out, pity I didn’t get to ride though Ahh well.

And its a pity I only caught the CX bug at the end of the ulster seriers of races.

Time for a proper CX bike and some training for next season then 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

Forsure, many people turned up for the last race of the season, realising that….oh its the last…wait..wht!!

Get in early next year, ride 3 Peaks 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Who saw or rode the national CX Champs over the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.