Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Who runs Conti Xking, RQ or MK II and why?
  • bonchance
    Free Member

Tyre time.
    What I hear about the latest BC made in Germany has drawn me back to Conti (after Vert Pro long time ago!)

What do you run, what would you compare it to and what is good/bad?

I quite liked 2012 XR4 Team TLR 2.2 so interested in comparisons.

How about RQ BC 2.2 front and Xking BC 2.4 rear – for taking in some Welsh centres and around southwest maybe Bristol trails, Quantocks. On 120mm Hardtail. Could the RQ be a bit draggy?

Don’t ask much do I..

unklehomered
    Free Member

Right. I bought 2.4 RQ for the front and 2.2MKII for the rear. Coming from high roller there was a short but sketchy adjustment period. but I grew to rear like them (was a bike fan of old MKs).

But then one ride the back began to feel really wobbly and unpredictable. When I looked thinking a couple of spokes must have gone, the side wall had badly degraded on just one wall, on opposing sides on the tyre. Pics in this thread. this has reminded me actually nothing back from CRC on this yet… But not sure I want another one, was a great tyre, but had heard of sidewall problems earlier. Had not done a lot of miles, 500 at the most, and much of them on track/road.

bigbloke
    Free Member

been using a pair of X King 2.2 protecion on my 120mm hardtail, got them as a do it all compromise for the dryer months. been very good in my opinion in the “dry” british summer roll and grip well. they were over the stated weight of 570g coming in at 640g.

colournoise

RQ 2.2 UST front, X King 2.2 protection rear. Both running tubeless.

Pretty good combo on my 150mm hardtail. RQ grips brilliantly on pretty much all surfaces and the X King rolls quickly enough, but does break away fairly early (if predictably). No reason after 6 months or so to change this pair out until the heavy winter slop, when the Trailrakers will go on.

slainte 😀 rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Who runs Conti Xking, RQ or MK II and why?’ is closed to new replies.