Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Who really are the worst drivers? Women or Men? UK, America, France etc!!!
  • brack
    Free Member

Sorry as much as I love em it has to be kiwis kiwis kiwis!

Just awfull ! Even without P they are dangerous!

Aussies are great compared with their neighbours!

mudmonster
    Free Member

Taxi drivers, bus drivers, BMW drivers, 4×4 etc.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I thought the driving in Rome was bad….

Then I went to Naples! (Makes Rome drivers look like an IAM convention.)

kaesae
    Free Member

Any good clips or photo's to bring some colour and vibrance to the thread?

millzy
    Free Member

definately the kiwis,

mind you it doesnt help that they have some pretty strange rules for there roads, i nearly crashed several times because of them!

Ti29er
    Free Member

None of the above (& I've driven from Kathmandu to Pokhara).
    I don't wish to appear racist here, but having lived on the outskirts of Harrow (which is predominantly Indian area ) for almost 5 years, I can tell you it's Harrow.

At the Northwick Park roundabout I've twice had a little Indian lady (a different one each time!) stop her car on the roundabout in order to let me on. Now where, in any culture does something so against-the-norm, not to mention the simple rules of the Highway Code, would that happen in a Western Country? And I promise you, that’s but the tip of the proverbial iceberg, so poor is the standard of driving amongst the local population.

hels
    Free Member

Millzy – seriously ? The right turn rule in NZ makes way more sense than the rule here, whereby you sit in the middle of the intersection, wait until the light is well past red and then gun it…. now that is crazy. If the kiwi rule messed you up that was poor research on your part.

stucol
    Free Member

In no particular order …..

Portugese, drive too fast, poor lane discipline and cant cope with junctions.

Italians, the regulations are pretty much the same a here, by that would stop them being stylish so they just ignore them.

Asian women. Possibly a cultural thing. The men make all the decisions so when they are put in charge of a car watch out.

Anyone with a hat on !! ( Exception for professional drivers, sometimes). It's weird but true.

Any woman in a big 4×4. Especially on singletrack roads or snow. The idea of even putting a tyre on the verge is beyond them.

Americans. Generally ok but just can't process the idea of corners in their underdeveloped minds. Not that their cars can cope with corners anyway.

I stand by for the abuse.

millzy
    Free Member

hels, i think its a really good idea,the only problem is that the kiwis dont all stick to it, some abide and some dont which makes it a nightmare!

Thai drivers are in a completely different world!

cinnamon_girl

Just curious like – would any men on here admit to being a rubbish driver?

FWIW I said I'm rubbish and can't park for toffees.

Not wishing to cause trouble naturally. 🙄

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Apparently I'm rubbish coz I don't know which way up wheels go! 😉

I'm kind of in agreement with the posts above about Kiwis.. You can be driving as fast as you please down a twisty mountain road, and their big ugly Hilux is trying to do some mating thing with the back of your car…
    Can't beat the place for handbrake fun on gravel roads though!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Parking? Me.
    Driving? The Belgians

edd

The driving in Saudi Arabia is by far the worst I've witnessed. Take Nepalese/ Indian driving but try it at 180 km/hr – truly scary.

Incidentally this means that men are the worst drivers as women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia…

mogrim

The Spanish and Italians are OK, you just need to be assertive.

Egyptians are pretty bad.

brack
    Free Member

'Lol and I've driven from Kathmandu to Pokhara '…. Oooh get you!!

What's that ? All of 6 hrs driving ?? Jeez hardcore or what!!

can-uk
    Free Member

What Edd said +1

I spent a year in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and can confirm that they are, by far, the worst drivers on the planet.

I've been many places but have never been anywhere else where i would regularly see RTA fatalities lying on the side of the road during my commute to work.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

In the UK, most drivers under 21. Hazard to themselves & all other road users. People who only drive motorways at weekends (and think the middle lane is designed for them).

I don't mind driving in Europe, less car orientated society in France, bigger country, smaller population, less congestion with the exception of the major routes through big cities.

USA, only drive in Florida on a typical Brit holiday, was convinced we were going to get shot. One day on I=drive car next to me starts beeping it's horn. Eventually I turn & make eye contact with the driver, expecting to get shot or somesuch. Nope, they ask me directions to the interstate!!!! Easier driving over there though, automatic cars (once you remember to drive with only 1 foot), and massive wide lanes and parking spaces – might suit CinnamonGirl if she has a parking issue!

Worst place ever – Malta – a hotchpotch combo of nearly every mediterranean culture. They drive to avoid the sun, potholes, random animals. Went there a few years ago & the hire car was a death trap. Never, ever again. If Malta needs to be nuked to save the rest of the world from some zombie causing infection, I'd like to be the person who wins the lottery to press the big red button!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I found the drivers okay in NZ – and we drove round most of both Islands. In fact I found driving over there a true joy.

Italy just winds me up – they are just utterly stupid and kill themselves regularly because of it. Worst I've seen by miles.

Oz drivers were fine but it's impossible to have any fun over there now.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Never really noticed anyone being particularly worse than anyone else. Northern English sees huge speeds on motorways as the norm (100+). Scotland seems to have driving well below the limit sorted, and great annoyance if you overtake them despite it being safe etc. Italians seemed fine when I was there, the french also.

Anyone would think this was just a thread to stir up controversy….

Will this rider get charged for doing this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242798/Cyclist-wages-man-war-bad-drivers-secretly-filming-posting-clips-online.html

Why would the rider get charged for using a helmet cam? He's doing nothing illegal. He's also not the first person to film and you-tubify people driving badly.

RustySpanner

1. The worst, the absolute worst drivers on the planet are men in hats.
    Young blokes in baseball caps, very old people in trilbys driving Rovers – should be a capital offence, TBH.

2. Anyone in a Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1 or Peugeot 107. The choice of car indicates either extreme inexperience or massive indifference to the whole driving process. The mother of one of my friends drives one of these. She passed her test over 25 years ago and still avoids motorways, roundabouts and turning right wherever possible.
    You have been warned.

3. I know it's a terrible cliche, it's not very imaginative and everyone says it, but, many, many BMW drivers are just awful.

For a start, they don't indicate. And before some sanctimonious idiot tells me that they don't need to when no one else is there, how do you know? You don't – you just assume.
    This is the attitude of smug, self satisfied superiority that makes them so dangerous.

I find the 1 series the most dangerous, closely followed by all BMW convertibles, anything 'debadged' and then packed to the gills 'Touring' models.

donsimon
    Free Member

The worst I see are the Belgians, the love tailgating.

Second, the French, see above.

Third, Burgoneses- from Burgos- they have BU at the beginning of the number plate- they're just crap in general.

Brits can be quite amusing too, flashing your headlamps is generally a warning that I'm coming through and not a gentlemanly "after you" gesture. How I laugh….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Rusty – how about empty 3 series Tourings?! I try and be as polite as I can 😉

2.0TDI Audis and VWs are the worst on UK roads IMO, followed by MPV drivers. I have seen some terrible BMW drivers too. Always ashamed but then I've seen dreadful driving in pretty much every brand of car. Even "safe" ones like Volvos.

coffeeking
    Free Member

This is the attitude of smug, self satisfied superiority that makes them so dangerous.

Ah the irony.

SST
    Free Member

Some South African drivers are pretty bad. Over here for instance a red traffic light means NOTHING!!!

RustySpanner

Ok, ok, you've got me, just wanted to see if Surf-Mat would bite 😀

Coffeeking, did I also mention that BMW drivers have a poor sense of humour and no perceptible sense of irony?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking, did I also mention that BMW drivers have a poor sense of humour and no perceptible sense of irony?

😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Am I that predictable? Dammit.

TBH I do agree – most BMW drivers are terrible. But then Audi and Merc attract similar owners – social climbing try harders that have "made it" because they have a 2.0 litre diesel saloon repmobile…

But then a lot of Ford/Vauxhall/more mainstream drivers get very lairy when you "dare" to overtake them in your German machine 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Who really are the worst drivers? Women or Men? UK, America, France etc!!!’ is closed to new replies.