Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Who really are the worst drivers? Women or Men? UK, America, France etc!!!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I would like to find out who really are the worst drivers out there! which sex and which country?

Most guys will say that women are the worst, however most guys say that their large in the pants department as well, yet not at all fat.

Most women believe that guys are useless drivers and laugh at the very notion of them being better.

Driving but also parking.

So the question is who do the STW crowd think is the worst drivers and hopefully get some pics and clips as well.

Hopefully not to raise the bar too high, but here's a clip of a bad bit of driving and parking!

and off we go!

tracknicko
    Free Member

angry scottish men.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

French drivers are great and couteous. I hate driving in England

Mackem

Spanish old people.

Mackem

…and spanish young people.

kaesae
    Free Member

Driving and cycling in britain on the roads, is very rough!

midgebait
    Free Member

Late middle aged Italian golfers, obviously!

Lactic
    Free Member

Italians, no question. And Spanish ambulance drivers.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Yep – Italian men.

Living at home with their mums until they are 30 seems to mean they need to prove something on the road.

Driven all over the World – Italy is the worst by far.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The Greeks and Turks

IanMunro
    Free Member

Me.

Pigface
    Free Member

Kiwis, just random.

backhander
    Free Member

Oh no, TJ is going to blow a gasket when he sees this.
    You can all expect a ban when he goes running to the mods.
    Ye gods kaesae, what were you thinking?

LHS
    Free Member

Elderly indian women who are too short to see over the steering wheel of their big mercedes.

vinnyeh

New Zealanders. My wife shudders at my driving sometimes. And a policy of giving out licences at 15, making insurance optional and selling dirt cheap Japanese performance cars doesn't help much.

Bus drivers in India are dangerous.
    I'm always tempted to say 'any Middle Eastern country, or Italians, but I think it only looks chaotic- everybody's playing the same game, and abides by the rules.

Driving in this country is pretty aggro a lot of the time.

hels
    Free Member

Have to agree kiwis are shocking drivers. I got my full licence at 15 and only ever held fire and theft insurance for my cars. But at least I know where the indicators are, the worst fault of British drivers.

Classic from my mate the other day "but you don't have to indicate if you are going straight over a roundabout"

Is shed-tuggers a category ? On principle thats apalling – holding up traffic etc..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

"but you don't have to indicate if you are going straight over a roundabout"

This drives me around the bend.

Last week I witnessed a woman on the left side of the carriageway at a roundabout (the position suggested she was turning left).

She was indicating right.

She went straight on.

zaskar
    Free Member

Me -haven't driven for 6 weeks from cycling to work.

Parked like a noob.

nickc

The whole Karma thing makes driving (or being driven) in Buddhist countries a bit of a trauma. Cambodians/Vietnamese motorcycles are pretty impressive as well. Europeans, whenever I see an accident on the motorways you can be sure there's always a Belgian involved.

rkk01
    Free Member

I've always thought that the Italians are rather good.

Yes, they drive with a certain panache – but in general seem to pull it off. A mixture of nerve and skill?…..(and luck?)

On returning from one trip to Italy I concluded that in the UK we had all been bored / subdued into a skill free, attention free, ability free moron zone

RealMan
    Free Member

My mum.

kaesae
    Free Member

I know a lot of bad drivers, most think that they're fantastic.

Coasting
    Free Member

Hey us kiwis have to be right up there.Very scary on NZ roads.Combine the local attitude with the hopeless/dangerous tourists and its a lethal mix.

cinnamon_girl

I'm pretty bad and not ashamed to admit it. Can't park for toffees. In fact I have a roof-mounted cycle carrier as it helps me see where I have parked, cos I can never remember. Am not joking either!

Do your worst guys. 😀

imp999
    Free Member

First time I went to Egypt I thought they might be a good candidate – but was there for only a day.
    Having just spent two weeks there I have quite an admiration for them.

Very varied vehicular types – cars, lories, busses, donkeys, traps, m/bikes. People milling about all over the pavements AND roads. No road markings that I could see and it all seemed to work really well with just a load of tooting of horns-"I am here" not "F off" and a flash of headlamps. And the roads were reall full in the cities.
    I saw no bad tempered stuff at all and the only hold ups were when a dignatory of some sort was in town.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Elderly men. Women in 4x4s. A lot of men in 4x4s too…

I'd sa the Scottish are much worse than the English- there's lots more dangerous driving up here than down there.

The very worst I've ever seen are Australians. Although New York grated on me- beeping our horn doesn't actually make something happen, so don't.

edhornby

casual xenophobia, matched with good old sexism, all in the same thread

oooh ooh and do I see aegism creeping in there too… brilliant…

yunki
    Free Member

blind ones… drunk ones… blind drunk ones…

samuri
    Free Member

Italians, easily. You have to have a drive in Italy to understand this one. Drive somewhere rural first and get used to it, then, once you're really up to speed, try driving in Rome.

After them I'd agree with the old Asian lady point above. I ride through Bolton to get to the hills quite a lot and it's a proper death fest. Always assume they're going to do something stupid, because they always will.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Very old people driving modern cars in cramped supermarket car parks ARE A MENACE TO …other people in supermarket car parks.

OzInbred

another vote for the aussies, no lane discipline whatsoever, always in a rush to over/undertake everyone else and wont let anyone in to a queue of traffic. As soon as it rains they either a) get scared and pull over or b) drive like it is dry (flooring the holden/ford V8 round the corners and falling off the road)

ro
    Free Member

have none of you people been to asia?

fist time into ha noi, on the twenty five minute drive in from the airport i saw the results four – yes FOUR – separate accidents, corpses at all four.

driving around sai gon for the past three years i've seen or come across eighteen road fatalities. all motorbike riders, including one triple fatality – hit from behind while stationary at a traffic light by a cement lorry.

anyone who drives for any length of time in vn has similar tales. it's sad and horrible.

Burls72
    Free Member

The woman who knocked the wing mirror off my works van while over taking something on her side of the road and in my lane then tried to say it was my fault. First week at work, great, thanks for that one 🙄

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Anyone mentioned West Australians yet? So bad its unbelievable, and not helped by some of the worst road design going! Its odd too, they are fine over East.

Also what about minicab drivers, no matter where you go in the world they are bloody useless, and never know where they are going!

Known shocking Male and Female drivers, and i`m not great when the inner rep comes out 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Council workers are pretty bad up here! they don't have to give a sh1t. They are insured by the council and drive council vehicles. Best to give them and bus drivers a wide berth.

epicyclo

I think visually impaired drivers are the worst.

There seems to be a lot of them on the road these days.

brakes
    Free Member

I lived in Italy, once you get used to their driving and drive the same way, it works. They are just very decisive. I used to rip around Rome in a Lancia Y. Perfect car for it.

kaesae
    Free Member

Boy racers can be bad, but they are also a funny bunch, especially when the speed bumps rip off their body kits and they show their gentler side by ending up in tears.

Then again if I had just caused a couple of 100 quid damage to my car I wouldn't be too happy either.

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Spanish drivers ,moped riders are a nightmare and driving on the autovia is annoying middle lane hoggers ,I think its something to do with latin machoism the inside lane is percived as the "slow lane" .Its god dam dangerous out here and while riding on the roads you really have to be on the ball !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Who really are the worst drivers? Women or Men? UK, America, France etc!!!’ is closed to new replies.