Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who owns a pitch?
  • sherry
    Free Member

I have been thinking of buying the new Specialized Pitch Pro 09, yeah i know who hasn’t! But really, has anyone got one and how good are they? The reviews have all looked good but i’m looking for someone who owns one and not just had it on a test ride. I’m cynical at the best of times and i think this bike is just to good to be true for just over a grand? (£1150 online)

plecostomus
    Free Member

does nobody else think that as they didnt sell that well in 08 specialized gave various magazines something (i cant think what) to help boost sales in 2009 by giving out top reviews?!

grumm
    Free Member

There are quite a few threads about em if you can find them, even since the hacking. I have had mine for about 5 months and its ace – tested quite a few bikes before getting it and agree with the reviews that its better than the Enduro. I did slightly prefer a Commencal Meta 5.5 but the Pitch seemed like much better value.

pojic
    Free Member

Sherry,
    My mate has had a Pitch Pro for about a year and he loves the thing. He does everything from Skyline to CwnCarn downhill on it and he says (and riding with him, I can vouch for it) that it takes it all in its stride. Ok, so hes not dropping 10 footers on it, but I think it shows the pedigree of the bike when it handles the range of trails that he chucks it along. For the money I reckon its a blinkin bargain.
    I dont think youll go far wrong if you did buy the Pitch, as long as the geometry suits yours. All the reviews Ive seen about it are good, but as you mentioned, Im not sure where they were!
    Go ride.
    pojic

dobo
    Free Member

I think they look similar to giant reign’s, but are they as good?

flamejob
    Free Member

I have one; believe the Hype… freaking awesomely good value.. I’ve had some bikes in my time but…. etc.

I am of th opinion that the corporate SBC machine wanted to make the Enduro, with all the SBC suspension tat, and the real engineers wanted to make another bike, that ended up as the Pitch.

It’s a no brainer; just buy it.

Oxboy
    Free Member

I ordered an 09 pitch pro last wednesday and its coming this week! £990 of tinternet! I reckon thats a steal! Test rode one and sat on a couple, they feel sorted and they also feel a ‘quick’ bike even though they are weighing in at 31lb. Cant wait to get over to Wales with it this weekend, sooooo excited!!!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I should have mine tomorrow.
    I just missed out on one in an LBS for £900 – D’Oh!!

For the cash, they just can’t be bettered, even at full price, IMO. (I paid £998 delivered from Cyclestore.co.uk though…. :o)

LBS bloke said they couldn’t sell them last year because the new Enduro SL took all the magazine test space, which is why the 09 model is the same – Unsold 08 stock!
    I reckon Spesh have seen this and just chucked out some test bikes (Singletrack recommneded, WMB 9/10 and recommended, MBR 10/10 and recommneded) and are now reaping the results of simple marketing. They were going for £1000 delivered last week, but the pices are slowly rising – Same store is £1050 now. If you want one, don’t faff about, OK!

flamejob
    Free Member

Pics, everythings better with pics.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who owns a pitch?’ is closed to new replies.