Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Who on their 1xn drive has used top guide+bionicon c.guide+clutch mech?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

So, cleaning up my drivetrain to make it prettier, lighter and slicker running.

Was using a short cage mech+gamut p20s full guide. This has been faultless, though a little ugly and heavy.

Decided to go for a zee clutch mech to make things quieter, this had the effect of causing lots of drag on the chain from the tension on the bottom slider.

Thought “o well got a clutch mech now, may as well experiment with a top only guide a and a pretty chainring”. It’s lighter, really free running and far prettier now.

I know this setup isn’t going to be good enough for dh/uplift days on my 6″ bike, ok, i’ll just put the full retention on for these days. Though this involves removing the cranks and fitting a bash and stuff, which is effort.

I got thinking, decided that the combination of a top guide, clutch mech and bionicon c.guide might be a useful option to try out, what are peoples experiences?

And /end life story

flimsy
    Free Member

First run out on my new trance yesterday, running a zee mech with 36t chainraing and a seat tube mounted topguide only. I really didnt think it would be suffice but to my surprise I didnt drop a chain once.

If it ever becomes an issue im going to get bionicons Cguide or try and get a hold of a Csixx adaptor to provide iscg tabs; clamping around the bb shell…then running and Lg1+

fathomer

I might be wrong, it happens frequently, but I don’t think Bionicon recommend using a clutch mech with a c.guide?

flimsy
    Free Member

I might be wrong, it happens frequently, but I don’t think Bionicon recommend using a clutch mech with a c.guide?

You could be right, havnt looked into it tbh. Ideally I’d like a standard chainguide but with pressfit BB and no ISCG tabs it aint an option until I can get hold the Csixx adaptor!

Maybe, fingers crossed, the current set up will serve me well and there wont be a need for either!

deanfbm
    Free Member

Im not worried about compatibility, it will all be down to setup. Use tge guide to tension the chain, the cable ties will just get ripped off. If the guide is used ti simply guide the chain, stopping the chain from flying aroundi dontsee an issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Who on their 1xn drive has used top guide+bionicon c.guide+clutch mech?’ is closed to new replies.