Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Who on here reckons they could descend this trail
  • tazzymtb

I could ride it on one of these,

blindfolded, whilst fellating a monkey with dubious personal hygiene and listening to his satisfied little lip smackings

Rickos
    Free Member

Amateurs. Unimog FTW.

haggis1978

i manualled down it last week on my Raleigh Grifter

jedi

holds up hand…………………me me me

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

High consequence riding is where its at don’t you know…

jedi

yep that too 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Not this guy thats for sure, not after this anyway

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAF9QFcHME[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

Probably not me as it looks way too steep, but it depends how the squiggly bit of singletrack looks in person. I imagine even worse.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m right behind you jedi, looks like the kind of trail i like.
    Is it do-able in a day trip from morzine? Is there other stuff to ride there?
    simply_oli_y – where’s that? looks fun

jedi

high5!

GEDA
    Free Member

How can you possibly tell? It could be a nice smooth trail or a rock fest?? I would say yes as there are many such trails I have done a hike-a-bike up to to “try out” with varying degrees of success.

jedi

geda,
    you cant but thats half the fun!

GEDA
    Free Member

Red Pike up in the Lakes was one such ride where you look at the map and the trail from the valley floor and think that looks fun, The small rocks turn out to be the size of houses. Then for sheer steepness there was nowt to beat a trail we did down the Lac du Montriod in Morzine that is in the VPOT book. It was rated the most severe in the book and we thought how bad is it going to be? It turned out it was as steep as Kidland forest where you put your brakes on full and still some how seem to slide down the hill. Plus any rocks and I start to throw the towel in.

neilforrow

rode it (in spuds) 3-4 years ago.. if its the one in this link:

Emosson dam

tis tricky in places, unridable in one spot, but on the whole doable. No different to the holy trail in that neck of the woods.

trouble is getting to the top of it is a right pain.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Its the “devils Ridge”

Part of the ring of steall up glen nevis. A good day out, pretty testing piece of riding. But fun.

scotsman
    Free Member

45 seconds on the vid, idiot shouts you alright? of course he’s not f*****g alright you not notice where he ended up.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s just a typical Alpine footpath. Anybody with a bit of skill and a long neck could ride it and even falling off wouldn’t be a big issue; there are bushes and shrubs to catch you and slopes are always foreshortened when photographed like that, so it’s actually less steep than it looks.

Some of the pussies on here need to get out of their artificial trail centres and go and ride some real mountains.

antigee

there are bushes and shrubs to catch you

see that is why i couldn’t possibly ride that – i lack that vision

seosamh77
    Free Member

Not that I doubt the superheros on this thread, but who’s got video’s to post of them descending such a trail? 😀

jhw
    Free Member

Neilforrow is saluted.

I saw this trail in person (when I took the photo) and it’s as badass in real life as in the picture. Maybe moreso because the winds up there are pretty immense.

Relatedly, Neil, how do you think the trail would be going in the opposite direction, traversing over toward Loriaz? is the trail on the other side of the ridge, out of sight, any good? Also, I’ve heard there is a particularly sweet singletrack down from Loriaz to the hotel in Le Buet, but on the map I can see at least three possibilities and I’m not sure which one is the good one – do you know how to find this?

Thanks

jhw
    Free Member

Also Simply Oli, how much of that descent is rideable after where the rider is? It looks like it fizzles into scree shortly after? Otherwise looks worth a trip

neilforrow

jhw – best coming towards the dam, more fun to be had that way… would be a a fair bit of ‘hike a bike’ going the other way.

as for the single track to Le Buet, again been up there… if there are some french os type maps on line somewhere I could point it out… the day I rode it was very wet and cold, the decent was not that steep but major tech in places, including some woodwork / nortshore style bridge structures that had seen better days… cracking trail… only ridden it the once mind… keep meaning to go back to that part of the valley… the climbs up to this lot are savage mind.

if a treverse ride is what you are after than try the Brevent to Flégère trail that is a cracker too. there is also a trail up by the glace du tour that looks tricky.

anyone got a link to some french maps.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Who on here reckons they could descend this trail’ is closed to new replies.