Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Who of you can sing or dance ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

And I mean really sing or dance none of this singing in the shower or dancing at your local discotheque!

Who’s been professionally taught ? And why were you ?

Make me jealous always wanted to do both !

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Got taught and did a bit of this many moons ago.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKi1wEVWSiQ[/video]

orangerider1970
    Free Member

I can make people vomit by trying either. . .

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Do you mean actually can or totally believe I can?

Drac

Me, after several pints.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Actually can !

mogrim

Does drunken karaoke count? I did a great YMCA this New Year.

slowoldman

What? Really professionally taught? Like stage school or conservatoire?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe I can fly…..

beefheart
    Free Member

Does Dad dancing count?

bruneep

You can big ears

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG-ZlzJx8Q4[/video]

grum
    Free Member

At the same time?

tang
    Free Member

I danced with the national youth. Did many workshops with fantastic companies, AMP & DV8 being the most memorable. I stopped at 16/17, bloody hard work! but kept in touch with it.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nope. I don’t listen to music nor dance to it …

SaxonRider

I can sing. I have some training, and sang in choirs in my late teens to 20s.

So wish I could dance.

athgray
    Free Member

I sing tenor in a local choir.

user-removed
    Free Member

Got sent to ballet lessons for 10 years. Laugh it up. Eventually, my teacher told my parents that my knobbly knees meant I’d never be a star.

Took up the guitar, learnt to sing and still can. Just don’t ask me to put on a pair of tights.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Can’t sing for shit but once those headphones go on I can’t hear myself.
    As for dancing I got asked to dance in one of “those” cages at bcm in magalluf in 93 by one of those lovely ladies up there, I bottled it. Could’ve worked the whole summer there in my mind.
    However reality hit later in the holiday whilst back in bcm, throwing some proper shapes and I inadvertently punched a girl in the stomach dropping her like Tyson 😳

theotherjonv

I’ve just been twerking to Beyonce in the kitchen. I’m only on here now because my daughters have threatened to disown me if I didn’t stop immediately.

Oh oh; oh oh; oh oh, oh-oh-oh

BigJohn

I won BBC Young Musician of the Year many years ago*
    These days my voice can still fill a pub…and empty it too.
    *I tried keeping him in the cellar but he escaped.

matt_outandabout

#daddancing

jekkyl

The cat from France?

Edukator
    Free Member

No, but that doesn’t stop me. (this thread is useless without Youtube)

I’ve been going to rock and roll dance classes for years and mange OK so long as the lady can keep time and keep her hands within reach.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes. Jive and ballroom.
    Though I’ve dropped ballroom and will be starting with a new teacher next month.
    Actually dancing with an actual woman in a club or at a party is a great feeling.
    Another lady want’s me to start to partner her in Salsa soon.
    Jive is a real buzz. Though I’d love to learn to do the Argentinian Tango.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m not a pro dancer, but have done two professional performances..

1992, me and Moby on a stage about the size of my kitchen at the Kitsch Club in Ayr..
    He did a live set and I danced my socks off (literally.. I had to use them halfway through the set when I was caught short by a particularly urgent E poo in the most disgusting toilet since the bookies scene in trainspotting)

2001 another solo performance on the Carling stage(?) at Reading festival for Weapons Of Sound’s after hours set

oldgit
    Free Member

Probably the gayest thing I’ve ever posted here, but hey this stuff floats my boat

CountZero

Nope. I don’t listen to music nor dance to it …

How very, very sad.
    Dance, no, and not at all fussed, but I really, really wish I could sing!

avdave2

I’ve been under the delusion that I know nothing with absolute certainty, that my mind was always open to new ideas or ways of thinking about absolutely everything.
    Then I read your post op and I realise that even the notion that I don’t know anything with absolute certainty is in it’s very self a falsehood for I do know beyond anything that could be considered doubt that indeed I cannot sing or dance.

grum
    Free Member

Dance, no, and not at all fussed, but I really, really wish I could sing!

I never used to think I could sing, though I have always been reasonably musical. A while ago I set out to learn to play/sing some songs on guitar.

I can do it to a reasonable standard now – not amazing but I can hold a tune and entertain a room/campfire of people or whatever. It’s very rewarding.

As long as you’re not totally tone-deaf it’s mainly just a question of finding songs that are comfortably in your range I think. I find a lot of modern pop/rock stuff too high for me – I have quite a deep voice so folky/country stuff like Johnny Cash works quite well.

Solo
    Free Member

Yes.

allfankledup

Dance ? We have a village ceilidh just before Xmas, and I’m closer to the idea than I was

Love dancing with my kids at it – highlight of the festive season for me. About as remote from professionally trained as you can get.

Used to be in the school choir – does that count ? I believe the teachers were paid (compensation?) to sort the choir out..

john_drummer
    Free Member

I do backing vocals in my bands. Not easy to dance while behind a drum kit though

Edukator
    Free Member

folky/country stuff like

Mostly in A or G. Come on Grum, sing us a tune. Madame is watching TV and it’s a bit cold and dark to record in the garden but I might do something tomorrow. I noted a few people quoted Echo Beach on the favourite tunes thread so I’ve been working on that for a few days.

Edukator
    Free Member

Singing whilst playing the riff during the playout is proving troublesome.

pondo

I never had lessons or nothing but thought I could hold a tune – the AmDram group I’m in did a Dick Barton and I was fairly comfortable doing a few songs as Baron Scarheart, thought I done all right.

Got poached by an operatic society on the back of that and found out very, very quickly – I might not be terrible, but I’m really, REALLY not a singer.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I got 100/100 on my mate’s karaoke machine to La Bamba so yeah I can sing! 😀

slowoldman

I danced with the national youth. Did many workshops with fantastic companies, AMP & DV8 being the most memorable. I stopped at 16/17, bloody hard work! but kept in touch with it.

Blimey. That’s something special. I recall DV8 suddenly bursting into the public (i.e. non-dancing me) attention and being hugely impressed.

Edukator
    Free Member

as threatened:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nitP-Jt-5Sw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The microphone in the camera doesn’t like the bass heavy setting on the guitar but you get the idea. Now I’ve learned to roughly play it and sing it (apart from forgetting which strumming sequence to use on the playout)

If I were taking it seriously I’d now get the PA out and using the video in headphones record just the voice a few times with a bit of chorus and reverb to fatten it up (no autotune though). I’d then redo the guitar part having spent some time sorting amp/pedal settings for the picked and strummed parts, and layer up slightly different parts. Then I’d get the bass out and add that.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Who of you can sing or dance ?’ is closed to new replies.