Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • who loved final fantasy VII?
  • racefaceec90

am just starting to replay this classic again. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnKljCh0w54&feature=related[/video] it’s still as good as i remember (my opinion,no doubt others will disagree 😉 what were your views on it?

GW
    Free Member

thought it was absolute pish.. akin to playing pokemon cards on your TV.

murderburgh
    Free Member

it almost made me fail every exam i had at the time. farking brilliant game

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Never could get into RPG games. More of a driving/ fighting type of person.

Still getting out on that bike raceface.?

racefaceec90

neilsonwheels er have had a spot of bother with (jeremy kyles 😳 over the past week or so (hence the gaming 😉 have some cream for affected area 😳 (am really annoyed as i missed that lovely hot weather we had DOH!) i can assure you that i will be riding again a.s.a.p 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

neilsonwheels er have had a spot of bother with (jeremy kyles over the past week or so (hence the gaming have some cream for affected area (am really annoyed as i missed that lovely hot weather we had DOH!) i can assure you that i will be riding again a.s.a.p

😯 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I didn’t like it either for some reason. Those random battles were the most annoying things ever.

Ocarina of Time was in a different league altogether.

😉

chojin
    Free Member

Well I for one loved it – the only reason I acquired a PSX!

If I get that new PS android phone, it’ll probably be the first game I download :]

racefaceec90

GlitterGary i am the opposite view myself.although i liked ocarina of time,could never understand the best game ever that was washed upon it.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

racefaceec90 – It’s one of the mysteries of life I guess!

Strangely, I couldn’t get on with Metal Gear Solid either, I just couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. More recently, I just didn’t ‘get’ Red Dead Redemption either, despite loving all of Rockstar’s other games. I went back to GTA4 and found it far better.

Creg

I got given a copy of FF7 after a mate said I simply “had to play it”. Just couldn’t get into it at all. I got to some part in an abandoned train yard and gave up on it, too slow and boring for my liking.

Went back to playing Half Life instead 😀

Pieface

I bought it expecting Zelda and was very disappointed. It was something I really wanted to get into as everyone raved about it, but I didn’t like it.

diggers
    Free Member

Totally obsessed over it, recall walking to my local game shop for a midnight opening when it was released along with a handfull of other nerds 🙂

Played it again last year on my psp, just as good now. Also got a 20 something in my office addicted to it who missed it first time around.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Still got it on my PS One. But I’ve been playing Final Fantasy VIII on my PSP. And it is good. 😀

racefaceec90

diggers did you manage to defeat the weapons?i always last about 5 minutes then game over.blinking hard as nails they are 🙂 (ps am currently just at wall market,as have only started playing again yesterday) man have i got a long way to go (must also remember how to breed a gold chocobo 😉 knights of the round here i come 😀

ChrisL

I really enjoyed it. I generally don’t get along with traditional western CRPGs but I enjoyed FF7 a lot. I think I treated it something more like a Lucasarts adventure game with fighting than an RPG. Similarly in more recent times I’ve enjoyed the Mass Effect games because I can treat them as shoot-em-ups with a bit of plot.

diggers
    Free Member

I fully intended to get a gold chocobo plus kill ruby & emerald last time i played it but i think FF13 came out, which turned out to be complete pants 🙁
    Plus my other half was starting to get annoyed with me having the psp on whenever possible like a moody teenager 😀

BoardinBob

Yes. Got it on my PSP. Still the greatest game ever.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am not a RPG guy but this had me hooked!!! Completed it twice lol

Northwind

Creg – Member

I got given a copy of FF7 after a mate said I simply “had to play it”. Just couldn’t get into it at all. I got to some part in an abandoned train yard and gave up on it, too slow and boring for my liking.

If you didn’t get out of Midgar, you never really played FF VII… What you played was basically the scene setting. Do agree it was a bit slow to get started but you almost made it to the first big plot kick in the teeth, and then the outside world… Which is basically as good as it gets for computer games IMO.

I don’t think anything else comes close tbh, sure it’s pretty flawed- somehow both incredibly linear, yet possible to miss big chunks- but when it works, it’s just stunning. I’m old enough to remember those terrible interactive movies, but that’s what it is really- it’s a film or a novel that you take part in. And oh the music…

It feels weird that I’m avoiding spoilers for a game that came out in 1997. But it is that good, I’d hate to think I might spoil it for anyone that plays the Playstation 9 remake in 2043 🙂

Cougar

In a fit of random synchronicity, I watched Advent Children a couple of days ago.

Loved FF7, but never completed it, lost interest at the Chocobo-breeding point. Did absolutely everything in FF9 apart from killing Ozma, and played FF8 to death but can’t remember how far I got. Recently completed the main story of FF13 too.

Great games.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Best game ever? 😆

I agree the atmosphere was great, but the game was awful to play.

Garry_Lager

Class game. Finished the story but I didn’t ever take care of the ruby weapon. Sorted out the green one under the sea IIRC. Agreed the chocobo breeding was stultifying though, terrible part of the game.

One of the last computer game I played, probably. Used to love them but basically put them all away in the days of the PS 1 – reckon I’ll pick up gaming again when my son is older and starts getting into them.

racefaceec90

northwind.this is my favourite music in the game you just have to watch the first 5:30 of video. still moves me when i just watched the observatory bit sniff! 😉 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwb9TBTxVxU[/video]

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘who loved final fantasy VII?’ is closed to new replies.