Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • who likes there cotic soul with 140 fork ?
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I have 120 mm at the moment and might try 140 mm , anyone like it at that ?

honourablegeorge

Me. It’s ace,

chiefgrooveguru

Me too, much prefer it.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Really , in what way ? Handling . I find 120 im over the front to much

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I generally wind down my 130mm revs down to 115 for most stuff to keep the front well planted on steep climbs. Take it back up to 130 for big downs if I remember. Sometimes I gave accidentally left them down at 100mm and had a bit of extra, early 90s style fun!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

In other words, it’s all good!

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Cheers guys will take the spacer out of my forks 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

My Revs adjust from 140 to 110. Run them c 125 for most riding (Surrey Hills) but was glad to have them at 140 when I rode in the Peaks. Tbh I find the forks a bit wandery at 140 unless it’s a rocky downhill

bigrich

me!

jekkyl

*their

PolisherMan

Depends where you ride I guess. I’ve got some old and “this will be their last season” U-turn recons. 130-85mm.
    Find them too wandery at 130 on tech climbs.

Usually leave them at 120mm and they seem perfect. What options do we have these days for 130/140mm forks with travel adjust?

empy
    Free Member

Mine are at 130mm Revs, struggle with some steep climbs – def wouldn’t go to 140.

Northwind

Never been a bike that suited u-turn better IMO, I reckon if I could only have had one setting it would be 120mm (that’s what’s on my Soda) but I loved the change in character you get with u-turn. It’s a bike that can work at all travels, just differently.

Klunk
    Free Member

140mm with travel adjust makes for my perfect bike.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Got 150 floats on mine and running a lot of sag. It’s the latest version in orange.
    Kashima and off a Trek Remedy with DCRV
    Put them on cos I had them already.
    I know it invalidates the warranty but hey………….
    I really like it and anything else seems too low at the front.
    It doesn’t seem that wandery on climbs but then again my ability is probably the limiting factor!!!
    Mainly ride it on a loop at Hamsterley mix of red and black and love it
    Cheers
    Steve

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Big rich nice bike;) might try mine

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Another 140mm soul rider, But I do have x fusion DLA travel adjust just for some of the steeper climbs.

matther01
    Free Member

Had a talas at 140…but ended up at 120 most of the time. Just seemed a bit better all round.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Just built mine with 140’s. Love it.

johnhe

I ride a BFe which apparently is exactly the same geometry. I use 150mm Revelation U Turns. The only time I wind them down to 120mm is for very difficult, technical sections on climbs, after which, I wind the mm back up for the rest of the climb.

But at trail centres for example, the fork stays permanently at 150mm. I love the feel of the bike with the longer fork – 100-120mm feels like I’m teetering over the front of the bike all the time. I can understand that for covering loads of miles on Tarmac or flat trails that a 100mm bike might make sense, but I just don’t find that geometry much fun and much prefer the slacker angles that the bigger fork gives. Makes me much more inclined to hop and jump off obstacles in the trail.

Baldysquirt

I spent a chunk of time with my Bfe at 150mm but started not to like it, so dropped them back to 130mm. Enjoy it so much more and don’t miss the extra travel. Nothing like a consensus!

Rickos
    Free Member

Just fitted a set of X-Fusion Velvets with the DLA (110mm then flick the dial and it’s 140mm) to my BFe. 110mm was great for the steep climb on the Cafell trail at Cwmcarn, but 140mm is where it’s at for me. These Velvets replaced a set of u-turn Pikes and I tried 120mm for a while with those as that is supposed to be the sweet spot, but for me and where I ride the geometry at 140mm is better. Now looking for a Mk 2 Soul to swap out the BFe frame…

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

whats the best 140mm travel adjust out there that’s not to expensive ? x fusion ?

mintimperial

110-140mm on mine. Lives at 110 most of the time and is happy there, but the 140 is very nice to have for the longer, bumpier downs. I have sometimes forgotten to wind it back in from 140 and you can notice it wandering a bit on the ups and being a bit less snappy in tighter stuff, but it’s certainly not unrideable by any means.

titusrider
    Free Member

120mm for me on a ‘classic’ soul (well actually its a simple)

tried 130mm for a while but couldn’t get the front end to bite in turns, just washed out without enough weight on it. If ur riding is ‘winch and plummet’ it might work for you.

might try it with 140mm at some point, ive got the forks around and I’m better at getting over the front than i was when i last tried, however i don’t expect it to be better than 120mm for me and the surrey hills

bigrich

140mm revelation rtc3. The need for travel adjust is all in your mind.

luket

140 always here. I have (old) u-turn but the interminable faff involved in winding the travel down means it never happens. That and the fact I almost never feel the need to reduce the travel. I have no issues with climbing at 140mm and much of that is standing (singlespeed). Well, except my legs. Cracking little bike.

Northwind

luket – Member

the interminable faff involved in winding the travel down

I can see it might be troublesome if you have no hands and have to do it with your teeth…

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Find it wandery enough on the climbs @ 120 wouldnt consider 140 an option unless i knew all my climbing would be on fireroads/tarmac.

micos145
    Free Member

Jeckyl, surely it’s *’them there’?

bigrich

If your front is wandering then your stem is too long.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘who likes there cotic soul with 140 fork ?’ is closed to new replies.