Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Who is "the OP"
  • avdave2

Dear MidlandTrailquestsGraham

I am writing to tell you how very upset I am about the lack of courtesy shown in you post. If you cannot be bothered to start your post “Dear All” please don’t post at all.

Yours Sincerely

avdave

emac65
    Free Member

Always think that OP stands for opinionated pr*ck,perhaps in some cases it does 8)

poisonspider
    Free Member

I always thought “OP” refered to the content of the original post not the poster

Eg: “getting back to the OP” meaning refering back to the original question/point when a thread has gone of topic.

Either way, I reckon the OP(sic) is trolling.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No that’s OT not OP, not to be confused with OTT or OAP.

Anyway, back to the OT, I do actually agree with MGT here, it sort of robs me of my Awesome if you refer to me as OP, I have name, I am TSY.

But there’s no point crying over spilt milk, as they say, unless you’re a vegan of course… oh.

iain1775
    Free Member

FFS OP MTFU

Oggles
    Free Member

I was told never to make “Me too” posts as it just wastes band width.

MilitantTrailcenterGrant / OP this topic has wasted more bandwidth than everyone that has ever said +1 on STW. 🙂

Pook

+1 (stoner) +1 (mogrim) +1 (Zulus) +1 (Ho Hum) +1 (kunstler) (it started getting a bit confusing here ) +3 (?) (Peter Poddy) +1 (boblo) +1 (me) to the OP

= ?

iain1775
    Free Member

pook
    =42

Kit
    Free Member

scruff
    Free Member

Always meant Ocean Pacific to me.

Kunstler

I feel that I’ve been misrepresented. I’d like to express my disagreement once more.

So that’ll be -2.

Or -1 x 2.

molgrips
    Free Member

+34/3

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Oh yes, that reminds me.
    When I first got on the internet, I was told never to make “Me too” posts as it just wastes band width.
    It seems like people now consider replacing “me too” with “+1” is acceptable.
    It is not.

complaining about stuff on the internet – what a waste of bandwidth

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t think I have anything to add to what the OP said – so I’ll just waste a little bandwidth with a pointless post

KINGTUT
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

I don’t think I have anything to add to what the OP said – so I’ll just waste a little bandwidth with a pointless post

SNAFU.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is a pointless post the same as a blunt post?

philconsequence
    Free Member

no

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

It seems like people now consider replacing “me too” with “+1” is acceptable.
    It is not

Yeah it is.

MTG = Canut and I claim my £5.

philconsequence
    Free Member

R.lepecha

Make sure you dont double post anything, its a waste of his dial up connection.
    Or is he downloading illegally and therefore every little ounce of bandwidth he can get is being used.

yunki
    Free Member

MTG.. you are a being a silly billy and you appear from your OP to have had salt on your coco pops this morning..

I suggest that you visit a retirement home this afternoon and hug a nice old lady..

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Phil have you just found the internet, LOLCATS are so last year.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Phil have you just found the internet, LOLCATS are so last year.

been on the internet for years, but knowing that lolcats are irritating in so many ways keep me happy 🙂 the fact there’s IT bods sitting at their desks squirming each time i post one makes coming on STW worthwhile!

plus there’s a lolcat for every situation.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

Can we just let this completely and wasteful thread die a natural death? And just how many cats were harmed during the making of this pointless and wasteful thread?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

Over Powering … what’s the point?

😆

R.lepecha

to the OP,

singletrackmind

OP = Old People or Old Person
    I thought it was just my mum on 56K Dial Up , but no its MorgageManTaintedQuestfortheHiddenBandwidthGraham

Stu

edhornby

ok I’m getting confused… can you get a crown race off with an OP then ??

Kunstler

Crown races only come off with the voodoo that is practised at the back of the LBS. You know, that special area that they won’t let you see. Where they keep the chisels.

CountZero

OP makes a lot of sense though; 100 posts into some argument about some triviality vaguely related to the OP and someone says in response to grahams post, it can be quite unclear who graham said or what his opinion was.
    OP is quite clear.

+100
    while this is just perpetuating a pointless rant by the OP, the above quote is why I’ll sometimes use ‘OP’, instead of having to c’n’p a deliberately overlong username everytime I want to refer to his/her original post/point.
    Oh, cheesy tho’ the lolcats are, they still make me lol!

donsimon
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member

If you haven’t got the courtesy to reply to someone by name, don’t bother.

More or less on the same subject, could people refrain fron shortening names as this is disrespectful too. MilitantTrailquestGraham is not MTG, Surrounded by Zulus is not Zulus, Elfinsafety is not Elfin etc and by trying to be familiar with me by calling me Don simply doesn’t wash. The respecrt, while welcome, is not sincere. Mini rant and perpetuation of completely pointless and bandwidth wasting thread complete.

wwaswas

DS+1

Twin
    Free Member

Me too Don. +1

philconsequence
    Free Member

by the power of greyskull +2

schrickvr6
    Free Member

HermanShake
    Free Member

HE is the OP

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Who is "the OP"’ is closed to new replies.