Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Who is out in the dark tonight?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m going for my second ride in 12 weeks tonight. And I’m really looking forward to it.

I have been off the bike since the end of June thanks to an operation on my ankle. My physio says I can go for a gentle pootle now as he is impressed with how I am doing. Original plans had me on an exercise bike in two weeks and slowly working towards a proper bike. Apparently he hasn’t seen anybody get to this point so fast before 😀

The worst thing about last week was I had to sit down the whole time to keep the weight/impacts off my ankle and even tho I was on my FS my arse still hurt.

Not riding for 11 weeks + sitting down for 2 hours over bumps = an arse like a Japanese flag!

Still looking forward to it tho.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i hopes not BUT

final ABZ mates race on friday night – followed by a clachnaben bivvy trip

rocketman
    Free Member

More of a Mon night man meself but have a good one anyway

Already getting slightly hacked off with lights, brackets, cables, batteries, chargers, warm clothing etc

This winter is going to be a long one 🙁

dawson

yes, I’m out tonight, Tuesday night is ride-night for me as kids at brownies on Weds. deffo a bit cooler tonight

velocipede
    Free Member

Yep, out tonight in Delamere – was out this morning and it’s def about 10 degrees cooler than at the weekend – jacket and gloves required already!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yep, I’m out with the Boneshakers lot in Harrogate, XC tonight, suspect these boys can shift, and I’m all knackered from three days riding… but needs must 😀

warton
    Free Member

yeah, cyclocross training with a club for the first time…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Me! Tuesdays and Thursdays all year round!
    Couldn’t imagine being off for that long… was only off for 4 weeks when I did my collar bone!
    Good luck 😀

kendo954
    Free Member

tuesdays and thursdays all year here 2

jedi

i’ll be out in hertfordshire tonight riding 🙂

scaredypants

Me – assuming my slow puncture doesn’t leave me with a semi, I think it’s looking like a great night

I_Ache
    Free Member

Jedi I’m the guy that has had to rearrange about 3 times thanks to this ankle/leg. Looking forward to riding there in march.

This is the longest I have had off riding. Funnily enough it wasn’t the injury that stopped me riding, broken leg in January. It was finding out about the break and having an operation 5 months later to fix it.

Can’t wait to be properly fixed.

rOcKeTdOg

NWAlps posse will be out tonight, late start means we probably won’t be back until tomorrow if last tuesdays ride is anything to go by

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Been out, was meant to be a group of us, they all cancelled so thought I’d go on my own..

First semi night ride on my own, it’s amazing how different it is riding in the dark on your own. Still enjoyed it though, and replacing drivetrain to full x9 tomorrow hurrah!

OP hope the recovery continues to go rapidly 😀

jedi

i ache, i’ll see you when your path in life leads to me eh 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Nice first ride out with the prestwich lot – makes a nice change being made to look slow by someone on a cx bike rather than a ss 29er 🙂

scaredypants

lovely night out down here in the new forest

almost completely dry too, except for the bit where I ended up with nearly my whole front wheel submerged and had to walk out through a swamp

(tyre remained gloriously firm throughout, for those who were worried sick)

jedi

proper fun nightride tonight. 16miles of sweeet singlatoo

coastkid
    Free Member

29 miles on the fatty bike tonight, trails to the coast and back, sandblasted on beach then through the sandy pine woods after sunset.. Our Wood Troll is still there 🙂

Midweek cycle 020 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 023 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 034 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 040 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 047 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 056 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 057 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 060 by coastkid71, on Flickr

:mrgreen:

Midweek cycle 059 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Who is out in the dark tonight?’ is closed to new replies.