Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Who has the slowest broadband?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think I win for the slowest by far!

It’s faster if I put the dongle in the front bedroom (by a factor of 3 for some reason) otherwise that’s pretty average for the rest of the house.

3 mobile broadband, but using an old dongle, my parents new one is easily several times faster and better at picking up a signal.

mossimus
    Free Member

Just under 2mb, not as slow as some on here but I am in London. Apparantly I am a long way from the exchange

djglover
    Free Member

Mine is due to be doubled soon

Fibre optic from Virgin. Its good, so far haven’t had any of the nightmare customer service I’ve heard about, its been really good.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Sky, less than 2 miles from the exchange and it only works intermittently

pipnet1
    Free Member

If you’re only 2 miles from exchange, ring Sky. They will try to ramp the speeds up manually. The Sky routers are designed to find the fastest speed that is reliable and keep it there. If there is a fault on the line during the test it will stop where ever it has got to. Mine did similar and I was stuck at about 2.5Mb/s, after call running at 17.8Mb/s at about 2.5 miles from exchange. Very happy with them, my parents are on same service but closer to exchange. They get 18.9Mb/s.

As for the reputation for Sky’s customer services being crap, I have always found them very quick and friendly. Unlike Virgin, who it once took me 45 mins to convince I was a customer!

psychobiker
    Free Member

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2223422049.png

Mine, I can see the exchange from the house.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Received a txt this morning announcing that my broadband is now fixed

Wow. From an F rating to a D rating

What a load of bollocks.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Who has the slowest broadband?’ is closed to new replies.