Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Who had their mobile nicked at The Prodigy gig in Brixton?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

Apart from me that is….for the second time in three gigs. There were so many people getting their phones nicked around me I kept my hand in my pocket for most of the night and it still got taken. I’m getting ready for the wife’s “I told you to leave it in your van”. Don’t you just hate it when they’re right?

Kahurangi

I lost a mobile (SE k700i) at a gig, found it at the end having fallen out of my pocket and moshed on. Screen scuffed, battery cover flattened but it still worked.

Sorry for your loss, mobiles are just more and more expensive these days!

toby1

Seems to be quite a trend at gigs these days. Both I and a mate lost phones at a F**ed up gig(not trying to get banned, it is the band name) last year. At the end we seemed to be part of a group of 20 or so. Looking for phones that were clearly not on the floor!

dingabell
    Free Member

The first time I had my phone taken was at Brixton at a Carter USM gig two years ago. Unlike last night I actually felt it being lifted from my pocket but by the time I realised what was happening it was gone. Apparently the police apprehended someone outside the venue after the gig with forty phones on them!! Mine wasn’t one of them though. My phone wasn’t hugely expensive so I can’t imagine how people feel who lost i-phones etc. It’s a lesson to everyone though to buy the cheapest crappest mobile to take to gigs. I’m off to buy mine this morning.

jota180
    Free Member

It’s a lesson to everyone though to [strike]buy the cheapest crappest mobile to take to gigs[/strike] not bother taking a phone to gigs and just be uncontactable for the evening

atlaz
    Free Member

I have a jacket with a pocket on the chest that zips up which works fine in London. Here in Lux, the gigs are never that crowded.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The gig was in Brixton, there lies the problem.

dingabell
    Free Member

The gig was pretty amazing though, and as a venue, it’s probably my absolute favourite…..apart from the light fingered scum that frequent it.

jairaj

I had my phone stolen while seeing The Prodigy at Wembly as few years back.

Maybe the pick pocket is massive Prodigy Fan?

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t understand why you need a mobile phone at a gig… Don’t tell me you’re one of those annoying dicks who holds it up in front of everyone to take a little photo or video…

maycontainnuts

dingabell – Member
    The first time I had my phone taken was at Brixton at a Carter USM gig two years ago.

Was there, mates phone was nicked too. It seems to be all pretty organised these days.

All I can say is think of the bright side, as more people leave their mobiles at home, there will be less of the ones intent on trying to film an entire gig on one, usually stood right in front of you.

Edit
    must type faster.

theotherjonv

Don’t tell me you’re one of those annoying dicks who holds it up in front of everyone to take a little photo or video…

This. Particularly when you get the latest gadget out of your pocket, take a photo and the thief then watches exactly which pocket you put it back into. Makes it even easier for them.

I was at the Jesus Jones / Poppies / Stuffies at Shepherds Bush last night, and I’m pretty sure I was fingered but felt it, turned round and a bloke was disappearing fast into the crowd.

It’s a lesson to everyone though to not bother taking a phone to gigs and just be uncontactable for the evening

Not always possible, when you and the wife are out, have a babysitter, and need to be reachable in case.

Houns

I’m pretty sure I was fingered but felt it, turned round and a bloke was disappearing fast into the crowd.

Sounds like a good night

Jeez how did you manage before mobiles were invented?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Jeez how did you manage before mobiles were invented?

You got your pager nicked instead.

theotherjonv

I don’t know, i didn’t have kids.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You is in Briiiiixtoon init.

Either leave your stuff at home or take a cheap phone in and cash, no cards, no watches, no cameras.. and invariably.. no pants.

jota180
    Free Member

Not always possible, when you and the wife are out, have a babysitter, and need to be reachable in case.

You’re right, I’m surprised we and our kids ever survived childhood.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

pickpoketing is rife at all kinds of gigs these days, although this can be turned to your advantage if you need to move through a crowd, by simply talking loudly with a mate about pickpockets and working 😆

this was the only way i was able to avoid watching rolf harris last time i was in glastonbury since the croud surged into the field and i was trapped on my way to watch stornaway

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I was fingered but felt it, turned round and a bloke was disappearing fast into the crowd.

Did you catch his name or his phone number? Could have been the start of something special.

rwc03
    Free Member

Caught two people at it once, one of them would go in and start a bit of a mosh while his mate got what he could. Saw them do it to a quite a few people in a small space of time, very organised. Sorry of thing that really winds me up, people have paid for a night out and some morons ruin it.

rwc03
    Free Member

Caught two people at it once, one of them would go in and start a bit of a mosh while his mate got what he could. Saw them do it to a quite a few people in a small space of time, very organised. Sorry of thing that really winds me up, people have paid for a night out and some morons ruin it.

philbert31
    Free Member

I usually wear a pair of trousers that I’ve cut pockets out of, you should see the look on their faces 🙂

footflaps

Sachets of fluorescent marker die in your pockets! That will catch them out!

McHamish
    Free Member

I usually wear a pair of trousers that I’ve cut pockets out of, you should see the look on their faces

You should be careful you might have a repeat of theotherjonv experience.

avdave2

We have an old pay as you go phone we give our daughter whenever she goes to gigs.

sharkattack

I never take a phone to a gig and I’m just trying to imagine the scenario that would have to take place which would be so life changing and momentous that you couldn’t wait a few hours to find out about it.

The thing about ’emergencies’ is that they happen so rarely it’s a pretty safe gamble that you can go ‘off the grid’ for a few hours without anyone dying.

toby1

You shouldn’t have to leave a phone at home just to ensure you have it at the end of a gig. I didnt have it on me as I couldn’t bear not to be in touch with the world, it is mobile, I left work I had it on me – I’d have had to go out of my way to drop it home. That gig was the one and only time I’ve been pick-pocketed ever, and it wasn’t in Brixton so quit the generalisations all gig venues are targets. Just be careful out there people and for the love of God, think of the children!

zilog6128

Love the way on this forum any victim of crime takes the blame rather than the criminals.

Northwind

dingabell – Member

The first time I had my phone taken was at Brixton at a Carter USM gig two years ago.

Everyone at that show got their phones nicked! Was quite mad. Someone had a go for mine but I pin my pockets shut at gigs- not because of thieves, just to avoid losing things while bouncing/surfing/getting smashed to bits in pits. But it turns out to be effective on thieves too.

McHamish
    Free Member

I pin my pockets shut

That’s quite a good idea if you’re in a place where light fingered oiks might be about…stick a safety pin on your jeans pocket.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t understand why you need a mobile phone at a gig… Don’t tell me you’re one of those annoying dicks who holds it up in front of everyone to take a little photo or video…

Yup. To really annoy people, I use an iPad.

butcher

That’s mental. Shouldn’t everyone be taking E’s and hugging each other at a Prodigy gig? It seems a sad state of affairs.

binners

I’d happily see phones banned from gigs. To stop those idiots holding their bloody iPhones up, filming it! They deserve to have them snatched out of their hands and repeatedly stamped on.

I may, on a few occasions, have expressed to someone directly in front of me that there was a strong likelihood that this could happen 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, when I previously mentioned this everyone was, “ooh, well if you will go to gigs in the 2000s” etc.
    Glad it’s not just me!

To really annoy people, I use an iPad
    At least that’d be an easy shot with a beer glass 🙂

[edit]Holy crap! iPads! F^&*ing morons

Northwind

I’ve seen the ipad thing at a couple of gigs. I chose to interpret it as a sort of dirty protest against people who were watching the gig through their phones, because it was either that or do bloody murder.

But “Why have a phone at a gig”… Really? Controversially, I find it a useful device with which to communicate with my friends.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m off to Sleigh the UK saturday up brum, thanks for the heads up, will keep mine very safe

DezB
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

And now there’s people taking pictures with their phones of people taking pictures with their iPads!!

ds3000
    Free Member

The noob holding up the ipad looks suspiciously like that moron with glasses from the “war on Britain’s roads’ documentary.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Who had their mobile nicked at The Prodigy gig in Brixton?’ is closed to new replies.