• This topic has 45 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by egb81.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Who else is injured and resenting happy, healthy people?
  • beefheart
    Free Member

I tore ankle ligaments 5 weeks ago in a stupid dog related incident, and I still can’t ride, run or do much without pain.
    Day off today- sat in garden reading. Feels like a waste.
    Crap timing- right at the start of summer…. 😡

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Broke my arm three times in 2 years, now back on the bike so 😛

Read your username doppleganger’s posts and MTFU / consider yourself lucky!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

3 weeks in…
    Gone form the cast down to one of these
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/u6JWxv]Latest upgrade[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr
    Want a Bike and Outdoors Facebook filter

wwaswas

Elbow:

Finger:

Not pictured:

knackered thumb and half a hand that’s green, yellow and purple.
    Shoulder that I can’t move.

I’ve been consoling myself by buying bike bits.

I’ve even got gravel rash in my armpit ffs!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Dodgy hip / SI joint. Stopping me from getting out and about. Frustrating

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[worlds slowest double post]

coomber
    Free Member

Knee op saturday. Now on crutches. Gonna miss mayhem too.

Should have recovered in time for the wet dark horrible days and night riding from 5.30pm in the mud! (I.em winter)

beefheart
    Free Member

Thanks for the gory pictures- seeing other peoples suffering makes me feel oddly better. 🙂

wwaswas

what you can’t see is that the nail is actually snapped mostly off under all that gunk at the cuticle. Smarts a bit when I catch the end.

MSP

I am not injured but still hate healthy happy people.

mike_p
    Free Member

Not injured, but ill… food poisoning. Both ends, you don’t want photos!

Get to watch the Dauphine on telly though

Scapegoat

Six weeks after a bit of a spill. Plated collar bone not healing as quickly as I thought, and a hip that already needed replacing still immobile and very painful. Not really resenting happy people though. It’s been nice to have a bit of time away from work, even if I can’t ride.

mjsmke

4 compressed vertebrae after a crash in January. Can ride but cant push myself for long. Really struggle lifting anything infront of me which causes problems gardening and most diy. Not even sure if I’ll fully recover yet.

MrSparkle

Been off work 5 months after an accident with my thumb and a circular saw. I can ride a bit but it’s painful and I don’t get a lot of enjoyment from it these days. Depressed.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Had this lot out yesterday.

Klunk
    Free Member

bunch of pussies MTFU!

ThePinkster

Been off the bike for the best part of 12 months after shattering my left proximal humerus.

I’ve done 4 rides over the end of last year & beginning of this year but since having surgery on it 2 months ago I’ve not been allowed to ride until both physio & consultant say I can.

when I do start again I’ve been told to begin on an exercise bike before trying a proper bike but in a traffic free zone to be sure that I can actually steer it OK without pain.

Was off work for 3 months last year and a month following the surgery. I’m also waiting for my replacement BFe frame to arrive, which I could be building up to ease the madness but that’s not due in the country until possibly sometime in July.

I’m desperate to get back on a bike again and my mood swings because of not being able to do so are getting pretty bad TBH.

I’ve just ordered some bits to start converting my old ID5 into 1×10 so at least I’ll have something to look forward to once I start pedalling again.

It’s really frustrating though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Busted knee but annoyed at myself for doing it and not getting it fixed sooner, harry hindsight and all.

Tracey

I’m back on the bike after getting the pot of my foot. Still hurts where the plate is but with five weeks to our Alps trip then needs must

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I have chronic epiydimitus and other water works issues and am getting the camera put places where it shouldn’t tomorrow…..

Currently having a G&T so as to blot out the thought of it.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Ruptured Achilles tendon.

6 months out.

Would love to be out riding.

Junkyard
    Free Member

For once i am ok however i will injure myself just as the summer really arrives.

Euro
    Free Member

I have chronic epiydimitus and other water works issues and am getting the camera put places where it shouldn’t tomorrow…..

Hi 5 my super sensitive and mostly sore testicled, bladder infected, stinging manhooded brother in arms. It’s a few weeks til i get the camera inserted – let me know how fun it is.

In the meantime i can’t sit down and pedal but standing isn’t too bad so i’ve been sampling uplift assisted riding these past two weekends. Sadly all my brownie points are used up so i’ll be off the bike for a bit (just in time for the decent weather 🙁 )

nickharv

Ruptured Achilles tendon.

6 months out.

Would love to be out riding.

I ruptured my achilles in May last year, and was back on a bike by August, albeit nothing technical, just some tame XC, but after the months of inactivity, it was great!

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Ruptured my achilles in May last year, and was back on a bike by August, albeit nothing technical, just some tame XC, but after the months of inactivity, it was great!

Preparing the hard tail for a bit of road work when I can ride.

Have even considered, sorry for swearing… A road bike!

nickharv

Preparing the hard tail for a bit of road work when I can ride.

Have even considered, sorry for swearing… A road bike!

I’d definitely recommend getting out on the hardtail as soon as you can, it’s what kept me sane! Take it you’re out of plaster and in an Aircast boot or similar. I did manage a few short rides with the boot on in the early days!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Broken Tibia and Fibula, no resentment though, first time I’ve ever been broken, buying a new turbo, bit of prep, got a goal to work towards, sorted

beefheart
    Free Member

Read your username doppleganger’s posts and MTFU / consider yourself lucky!

Hmm, hope he’s doing alright- healing vibes to one and all!
    It puts my gammy ankle into perspective. 😉

It is frustrating on beautiful sunny days though…

EDIT- It may have been quicker to ask who isn’t injured!

welshfarmer

comminuted fracture of collar bone 2.5 weeks back. Been able to ride the quad for past week and driving tractor past couple of days so, bearing another knock, hoping it is healing OK. Hope to be back on the bike in 4 weeks time.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just recovering from a duodenal ulcer.
    Had several weeks off riding as the tablets made me quite lethargic.
    No booze, no caffeine, no chocolate, nothing spicy for at least another 6 weeks.

poah
    Free Member

It’s a few weeks til i get the camera inserted – let me know how fun it is.

very painful but doesn’t last long. its not an atypical pain, certainly nothing you’ve felt before. pretty sure I hurt the nurse that stupidly held my hand opps. only lasted 15-20s.

currently on the sidelines with a broken and dislocated clavical (sternoclavicular joint) and cracked ribs. will have been 7 weeks tomorrow. weather has been shite in scotland so its not been a huge loss 😀

ferrals
    Free Member

i seem to be almost constantly injured to some extent at the moment. Currently nursing strained groin and hamstring. tried to ride through it for a couple of weeks but its not happening. feeling my fitness leaching away and with my last race of the year early July I’m a bit narked. still seeming some of your injuries makes me pretty thankful!

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

I’d definitely recommend getting out on the hardtail as soon as you can, it’s what kept me sane! Take it you’re out of plaster and in an Aircast boot or similar. I did manage a few short rides with the boot on in the early days!

Yup, boot with wedges.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/tw5Qsv]Walker Boot[/url] by downinja, on Flickr

coomber
    Free Member

When injured I love reading about other people’s lovely sunny rides. Nk resentment here, just a bit of jealousy and motivation to get fit asap. Do what the physio says etc.

-lucas-
    Free Member

possible scaphoid fracture here after having a over the bars incident at antur stiniog. been in a cast for nearly 3 weeks and its driving me mad already,been told it’s either scaphoid or radius so im praying its the radius as i have an alps trip planned for the 11th july. heal well people

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hanchurch – how did you get your laces stuck in your foot like that…must have been some crash…

wwaswas

Back from the physio and shoulder damage is ‘non-structural’ they think as full mechanical movement of the joint is all there without any pain (if he moves my arm about) but I just can’t get muscles to achieve it at the moment. Still weeks not days to fix but nothing long term with any luck.

Feeling less disgruntled now.

wwaswas

My elbow’s more pleased with the situation than it has any right to be:

deev
    Free Member

13 weeks on from having my right acl recpnstructed I’ve been back out on my bike a fair few times now, I cant pedal standing up yet or even contemplate a bunny hop but I’m getting there. Slowly.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I broke my patella before Christmas. It’s still sore and weak. I’ve missed a whole dry season – it’s monsoon time now.

Damn, I hate those healthy bastards!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Who else is injured and resenting happy, healthy people?’ is closed to new replies.