Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Who else is broken at the moment?
  • soops
    Free Member

Been broken for 8 1/2 years now. 10mm shorter on one side now. Fell 7.5m so happy to be here. Live with constant pain as it is a notoriously painful injury. Even affects my back every 18 months by slipping a disc. Roll on old age 😆

Get well soon to everybody who is broken.

aftershock
    Free Member

After reading and looking at all the pics I’m off to buy lots of body armour….Wishing a speedy recovery to all of you.

geetee1972
    Free Member

After reading and looking at all the pics I’m off to buy lots of body armour….Wishing a speedy recovery to all of you.

Not to be a naysayer but there is very little body armour, with a few exceptions, will do to prevent any of the injuries here. It’s very good at preventing cuts and scraps and a spine guard is about the most valuable piece of armour I think you can wear.

But it’s the helmet that really saved my bacon. The A&E doctor who examined me looked over my helmet and saw how the material and deformed and cracked front to back. She shuddered when she saw this and commented that it probably saved my life. No one can really know what injury I would have sustained had I not been wearing a (very effecitve) lid – it was a POC p**s pot helmet so I’d like to think it was a step above in terms of safety – but the thought of all that energy being trasfered directly to my head, rather than via the helmet makes me shudder.

At the very least, the doc reckoned I would have been in a critical way with a very serious head injury.

Everyone else can argue on the merits and virtues of helmets but I need absolutely no further evidence or convincing as to just how important they are.

anto164
    Free Member

I’m with the poster above..

My injuries wouldn’t have been stopped with body armour. It’d just be much more expensive to replace it when they slice it off me.

But yes, for skin wounds. armour is indispensible.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I need to man up, seeing those above 😳

Riding at the moment with a cracked rib, but nothing like what you’re going through!

as I’m in the same boat, last week knackered a rib, riding tonight; although going by the wind something might fall on my head..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This weekends tomfoolery resulted in…….

OTB resulting in a scratch (or so I thought) the bit i can see looked OK, but it foes from my waist to my shoulder blade and is definately more of a cut round the back! And ends in an almighty bruise over my left shoulderblade!

A chunk of flesh missing from my right foot after scuffing it on a crack in the driveway barefoot, thankfully drunk at the time so no painfull :p

maxray
    Free Member

off to a sorts physic for a first consultation on my ankle thats just doesn’t seem to work anymore. Too many instances of rolling it playing football I am guessing 🙁

Diane
    Free Member

Oh my goodness! Speedy recovery to you all!

Monster101

Get Well Soon to everyone!!

I was up on Friday in a short weather Window to the Nevis Range Red Downhill and loved it, first run excellent but felt that I had to go faster to get the most out of the section in the treeline. Second run, got down the most technical section past the bedrock river crossing then it goes a bit blank!

Easy bit, going between two trees then opening up to a shallow berm. My mate was about 5 seconds before me, heard an almighty crash. Me face down in the trail, moved my bike then me as I was starting to speak. For 30 mins kept repeating, what day is it, where’s Ian is this ths second run? Scraped from should to hip, dislocated left shoulder again but popped back in. This is the strange bit I was wearing Race Face Rallye Downhill pads and during the fall my elbow had a hole in it straight down to the bone! Neoprene and Plastic appear undamaged. It hadnt slipped round.

Cannot remember the crash, talking pish for 30 mins (other than usual)and the first part of getting my pads taken off to expose injuries.

Concussion it seems, could only find a very small dent in my helmet at the back right hand corner. Doc says, it would have been a fractured skull otherwise. Dread to think how bad the elbow would have been so only 2 internal stitches and four external.

Tried to play down the concussion to the doc so not to get kept in 😳 My Mate reminded me to say to the doc I wasnt that confused as organised replacement tickets for next year as injured. Thanks Nevis Range

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Who else is broken at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.