Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Who else has fallen off today?
  • Daffy

Cold, frosty, icy. Managed 16.7 mikes of my 17 mile commute before the front wheel slid out on me going uphill from the road to the cyclepath. Very sore hand, hole in my bibs, ripped gloves, shredded overshoe, bent mech hanger (and possibly deraileur) and a snapped safety tab on the mudguard….not to mention all manner of scratches to my STIs.

Misery loves company, right?

jimdubleyou

At least one other person…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ouch-heavy-tumble-and-carbon-fork-advice

… go careful out there

weeksy

I’m close to falling off the 5-2 wagon today !

colin9

I fell off. I hit a hidden stump at speed on the cx bike on a bridleway. I did a superman impression and landed in a heap with a bruised foot and some annoyance.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Fell off yesterday morning on my way into work. Hit ice and lost front wheel, skidded along an icy cycle path on my back. Luckily it was smooth so no real damage other than a hole in my thermals.

Then on the way home snapped my chain and had to get a mate to pick me up and take me home (I leant him my last quick link on a MTB ride a few weeks back) 🙁

Kahurangi

Studded tyres on for the winter, never looked back. I reckoned I’d only need one crash and I’d be wishing I’d spent the £40 it cost for the tyres…

Yes they’re a bit slower and noisy…. but….

djglover
    Free Member

prawny

Not today, still on the train after last weeks crash. Nearly slipped over in the road walking to the station though.

Going to order some studded tyres and put them on my 29er for days like today, which will no doubt never come again if I spend the money.

Daffy

Jon Taylor – Member

Studded tyres on for the winter, never looked back. I reckoned I’d only need one crash and I’d be wishing I’d spent the £40 it cost for the tyres…

Would they work on a tarmac path which is frosty rather than icy?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not me, but the colleague who I was commuting with did slip on a corner and take a tumble. He went down very gracefully and only swore a little.

Bregante

My boss did at the weekend. Broken scaphoid, swollen knee and a frame so badly damaged that he hasn’t had the nerve to look at it yet apparently. He’s in hot water with his Mrs too because they had to cut his wedding ring off.

ktaylor
    Free Member

Seemed to be doing fine on gingerly cycling in the middle of various quiet country lanes. Car came to overtake so I graciously moved to the side. Front wheel suddenly slipped out and the bike wildly veered off into the middle of the rode making the motorist sit up and pay attention!

Really glad I was in my work boots as both feet went down and I slid effortlessly to a stop without going over. Don’t know how anyone rides in cleats in this weather!

My Strava entry makes the moment brilliantly obvious!

bearGrease

Just found the limits of mud caked Hans Dampfs. Slid down a muddy bombhole and landed on a stump. Sitting is a bit sore now.

Tracey

I slipped down on ice on the pavement at the bottom of our drive whilst taking the dog for her morning walk. Had a look round to make sure that no one saw me.

Got a sore bum and thigh now. At least we know that the new CCTV is working in the dark as its definitely me on it.

Went down a lot harder than I thought I had.

thomthumb
    Free Member

[touting]

I’ve got some studded tyres for sale if anyone wants. Email in profile.

[/touting]

Bolt

Fell off three times! Last night on our muddy night ride.
    Between 12 of us there were around 8 crashes two punctures and one snapped chain!
    Not the best night!

teamslug
    Free Member

It was lethal this morning at 6am. Freezing fog so thick I could barely see the trail. The road sections were really squirrely. I had to stop cos it felt like i’d got a rear slow puncture. I would have driven in but my van packed up on Monday morning so I have no choice. I made to safely to work but minutes off on my usual times. Healing vibes to all the injured!.

duffle
    Free Member

Going to order some studded tyres and put them on my 29er for days like today, which will no doubt never come again if I spend the money.

Prawny please do…..
    It’ll save the rest of us having to 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not me, I played golf. I’ll be falling off tomorrow though.

shermer75
    Free Member

Came off twice in the same week before Xmas- been going round corners very gingerly ever since!

postierich
    Free Member

bruised/broken ribs 2 weeks in not much progress in the repair mode!

I,m still #greggsfree this month which will help my belly due to the minimal riding

TiRed

[gloat] Trike to work day [/gloat]

I did ride 101 km last night on two wheels fixed, before it turned really cold.

PJay
    Free Member

bruised/broken ribs 2 weeks in not much progress in the repair mode!

I came off earlier this morning and landed heavily on my right side, with my chest landing across the edge of a rut (tarmac road); it flipping hurts!

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve cracked some ribs and was hoping that I might be able to ride on Saturday but the NHS page I looked at is suggesting 6 weeks of recovery time (I did think of going to Minor Injuries but the same page suggests that there’s not much they could do).

I’m feeling worse now than when I hit the road although there doesn’t seem to be any bruising at present.

Hope that you’re able to get back on the bike soon!

birdage

Cold, frosty icy = off-road and low tyre pressures for me. Trying not to fall off on purpose now cause getting older = longer recovery times.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I came of earlier today 😳

A bit of a mud/roots incident at Guisborough. Another bent mech hanger 😐

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Who else has fallen off today?’ is closed to new replies.