Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Who else had an off day recently?
  • RealMan
    Free Member

3 crashes on the first run for me today. Had a sit down at the bottom and a good talking to myself, then improved a bit, but went a bit slower from then on and didn’t feel particularly confident.

Legs hurting too, gonna have a good bruise soon. Was meant to be riding tonight as well, gonna have to duck out of that – although this might mean I end up doing some revision.

At least the bikes ok..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awwww… hawv you gorwa boo boo?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Having a bit of an off time full stop at the moment. 🙁

Bikes are running well, but the rider seems to need to sort out the brain side of things. I think it’s the lack of decent riding recently that’s not helped – too many quick blasts, not enough riding with mates and tackling the tech.

penguinni

Sounds like the onset of middle age.

RealMan
    Free Member

If only I had enough cash to get myself an ego chariot.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had a day off recently.

On the bike…I was gunning it cx style on Sunday and managed 16.55mph including a go at some secret shore.

Impressive.

letmetalktomark

I fell off on Saturday 😥

Why do they hide holes under a deep covering of leaves 😳 😳 😳

chvck
    Free Member

Quite the opposite for me at the moment, riding the local downhill the best that I have probably ever ridden it. I do definitely have off days, just can’t get my head into riding, get it into my head that crashing will hurt or just can’t concentrate properly..

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I had a day off for the royal wedding.

Blower
    Free Member

past month been off with riding,too much other shite going on in head i think..
    n yes had an off today,trying somet out,hurt mi hip 😕

flip
    Free Member

A customer of mine has talked me into working Saturday morning, so the only off day this week will be Sunday 😐

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, I know what you mean. Some days I just can’t get in the groove or I just hurt the whole ride.

Have increased the amount I ride quite a bit this year, and I think I’m just a bit tired some days.

When I have an “on” day it’s great though – and I’m having more and more of those.

🙂

yunki
    Free Member

OP – you witnessed my off day yesterday..

I’m putting it down to 3 rides with forum members in the space of a week.. coupled with my trying to keep up with you rather than demanding that you slow down and ride at a more middle-aged pace..

RealMan
    Free Member

When I have an “on” day it’s great though

+1, All my on days seem to be on the road bike recently. Think I’ve traded skill for fitness.

OP – you witnessed my off day yesterday..

I’m putting it down to 3 rides with forum members in the space of a week.. coupled with my trying to keep up with you rather than demanding that you slow down and ride at a more middle-aged pace..

Apologies, although I thought you rode well – had great fun chasing you on some of the descents 😀

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Yes, I know what you mean. Some days I just can’t get in the groove or I just hurt the whole ride.

Same. Did a ride 2 weeks back, hurt for 5 hours. Went back last Thursday – 3h 40m with spare left at the end…

…or was the hurt normal and the good ride a fluke..!? 😉

Cheers

yossarian
    Free Member

I farted and overtook a Ferrari once

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

ended up in hospital after a day in Swinley 7 weeks ago led to a decent head injury and loss of consciousness. Then I broke a rib or two again 3 days ago at Bedgers 😳

Just one off day sounds really nice at the moment….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Who else had an off day recently?’ is closed to new replies.