• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Wally.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Who else deserves a beer today?
  • franksinatra

I’m sat in front of the Bbq, and it is a scientific fact based on sciency stuff that you have to drink beer will waiting on a Bbq to warm up. 50km of glorious andalusian roads with 1200m of climbing today in 38 degree heat. Now enjoying a San Miguel, tunes playing and views of the mountains.

Who else is drinking, where and why?

somouk
    Free Member

Pictures or you’re sat in your pants in a dive in London.

I don’t deserve a beer at all but may have one.

qwerty
    Free Member

I think i deserve a beer as i havn’t consumed alcohol since 13/06/2016… oh hang on…

franksinatra

Pictures require me to post from a smartphone, that would interfere with my chill.

bearnecessities

Been volunteering at local urban farm all day. Pooped but very satisfying; seeing a pretty stereotypical group of inner city ruffians laughing/playing outside/casing my car was quite inspiring. Decided to go again next week to finish what was started.

Beer in bath.

Edit: No beer in bath.

Anyone got a bathroom fridge for sale?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Destroyed my own bodyweight in hard drives (allong with about 10 drill bits).

Homebrewer though, so beer is always deserved!

yunki
    Free Member

hmmmm

HMRC forms all morning
    Worked through lunch completely forgetting to cook the belly pork joint that I procured yesterday specifically for today’s lunch
    A couple of hours this afternoon spent watching the film Northern Soul

I think that I deserve a beer with a chaser and probably some sort of medal and/or counselling

TheFlyingOx

3 weeks (yes, 21 days!) at the beck and call of folk whose idea of fixing things is “just try doing what we’ve done 28 times before”.

Arrived onshore about 9:45 and I’ve been merry since 10:15.

trout
    Free Member

Yep I deserve a beerypop cos it’s my birthday
    61 today

trail_rat
    Free Member

TFO

21 days…..

i did 21 days offshore on the osprey in OZ . jumped on a plane – flew home for 3 days – picked up a visa/passport and came down to angola …..for whats looking like 28 days…… But after only 12 days on ticket to the start of june this year i should probably make the balance up to ensure my job stays safe 😉

I need a beer – dry camp though.

drlex
    Free Member

Also a San Miguel in hand, listening to the T20 commentary. Deserved due to headwind both ways and having saved the company £25k on an insurance case – they should owe me a case. Of first growth claret.

maxray
    Free Member

I don’t know about deserve one, but would like one to be able to tolerate my current workload 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Not me but I’m currently sinkingva Wye valley HPA anyway

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

At work – waiting for the show to start at 10.30pm. runs till 3am. no beers for me till the weekend 🙁 . Isn’t Edinburgh great in August…? no, it’s not. 😉

kayla1
    Free Member

Shit day. 4 hour drive to see a Ducati SS900 that was advertised as running and riding fine. 4 hour drive back. **** thing wouldn’t idle and had been started up to warm it before we got there. ****. I am two glasses of red in and enjoying a third. When did it become ok to be a lying ****?

bruneep

Having a glass of Swiss red wine to remind me of verbier holidays

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well, i summoned up the motivation to go out on yet another cold grey ‘summer’ ride, so think i deserve one.

bearnecessities

Happy Birthday Trout 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Found 6 bottles of Grimbergen Blonde in the local supermarket for €6. Last time I had it I got ripped off for £5 a pint. I deserved one after going for a run before tea as well.

Loving my holiday so far.

theotherjonv

I don’t deserve one but I’m having one anyway. Trying a new pub I didn’t know existed from the London pub thread while crossing London after a business mtg. Ship and Shovell, if anyone’s buying?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Happy birthday Trout! (I’m 60 in 13 days time)

I’ve been working in a prison all day & it’s a fact that all prison officers are alcoholics so I’m having beer whether or not I ‘deserve’ one.

dknwhy

I deserve a beer because I’m now home after a 3 week European holiday including Austrian alps, Lake Garda and the French Alps. I deserve the beer because we have to wait a whole year until the next family summer holiday… 😥

Wally

Happy birthday Trout, loved the light threads. I have been all Mcmooter and spent 6 hours chopping up ash logs with Pappa Wally.Enough for the winter. Old Rosie and pork scratchings in hand. A whole day with my dad, just me and him messing about with axes and chainsaws, lovely day.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Who else deserves a beer today?’ is closed to new replies.