Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • who does smbla training in Scotland?
  • jimmy

Thinking of adding to my TCL of a few years back and actually doing something with it next year. Anyone know who does it – at GT would be convenient.

nickegg
    Free Member

Scottish Cycling website lists all of next years training and assessment dates.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi Jimmy. I really, really recommend Jules Fincham of Cyclewildscotland in Aviemore. CycleWildScotland

I've got no connection with him at all other than having done one of his courses and having really enjoyed it. To my total discredit I went along thinking that I knew a lot and wouldn't learn anything. Wrong!!

His course was a total pleasure. He's a handy rider and a lot of the course was done out on the trails around Aviemore. I've ridden that area a lot but still we got shown some excellent local knowledge singletrack that I didn't even know was there. He's also got a really great knowledge of the area, flora and fauna and fills the course with really intersting wee snippets. I can't recommend it highly enough.

If you go with Jules then mention my name and see if he remembers me! He'll probably remember my big stack on my MBL assesment!

jimmy

Cheers Doug, Aviemore single track has sold it to me (if I actually get round to it…)

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Aye, Jules is your man for this. I also really enjoyed the course, despite having to put up with Doug all weekend…

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey, Stu you slept in my van and snored all night! 🙂

It's a great course, you should definitely do it if you're tempted.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Jules was one of the guides we had riding from Chamonix to Zermatt, he's quite an amusing character, so along with the other recommendations he sounds like a good bet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘who does smbla training in Scotland?’ is closed to new replies.