Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Who does decent casual bike wear?
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Does anyone do any bike tops that look OK in the pub or round town?

Everything I can find is either horrific Euro splatter neon or far too bikey with rear pockets, drawstrings and mid length zips.

All I want is something that looks like a normal non bike t-shirt / shirt / top but that wont get too clammy.

Oh and anything that doesn’t cost a fortune would be cool too, the Howies Merino would be ideal if it wasn’t so expensive.

J0N
    Free Member

Go into a Outdoor store and buy a nice THF/White Stuff/berghaus… short sleeved shirt and casual shorts. No need to wear Cycle specific clothes.

TheDoog
    Free Member
    thepurist

Ground effect Technical Tee’s?

thepodge
    Free Member

Cheers,

I’ve spotted some North Face stuff in the sale at the outdoor place by me so that might just get raided later and I know they have Berghaus too, dunno why I never thought on general outdoor stuff.

the On Fire stuff looks good but also seems to be mainly 100% cotton so its gonna be no different to the over extensive collection of t-shirts I already have.

Those Ground effect tops look nice, pity they don’t have a wider range.

juan
    Free Member

majola

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

decathlon do polyester/technical (depends if you want them to sound cheep or expensive) t’s for about a fiver.

I wear my cycling tops arround town with jeans, but I only own a few and buy them by looks rather than brand

Sheffield uni XC top
    Ben and Jerries XC top
    A red/white/black northwave top

The tighter ones don’t half make you look 10lb slimmer than a tee!

DezB
    Free Member

Sombrio

Coyote
    Free Member

Sombrio

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I presume it’s for a bloke, but if not my sister has just started a range of bamboo (naturally wicking etc) t-shirts for women.

geoffj

Patagonia

thepodge
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – I don’t mind the Decathlon stuff but its bit basic looking plus a couple of my outdoorsey uncles wear a lot of Decathlon, not sure i’m ready for my post mid-life crisis sandals and socks look that they both seem to have developed quite yet. and I’ve found tighter ones make my gut stick out, bigger ones hide it.

leggyblonde – yeah its for a boy but those bamboo tshirts are spot on. not so sure about the spd heels.

juan / DezB / Coyote / geoffj – I’ll check those when i have the chance.

cheers all

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Who does decent casual bike wear?’ is closed to new replies.