Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Who do you insure your van with windows with?
  • lister

Our Co-op insurance is due for renewal and I thought I'd do abit of shopping around.
    We've got a T4 that we've had converted to have seats and windows so there is a certain amount of explanation required for any new company.

Anyone used any particularly helpful companies for converted vans?

Ta.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Brentacre Insurance, Brilliant very helpful company for all things converted, customised or generally Barried up.

steveh

Try the national farmers union as well, between them and CIS I've never found better.

waynekerr
    Free Member

I saved over £200 using vancompare.com this year, non modded though, worth a look though

keyses2

+1 for the national farmers union, only ever insured with them, no one gets close on price !

JoeBones
    Free Member

I use this, never had any problem.

dave_aber
    Free Member

Lifesure for my Jap Import (Bongo).

Autonet for my 'proper' van. (Astravan)

lister

Thanks folks, except JoeBones…you've lost me there I'm afraid.

crezzy

i would also say nfu mutual always been very helpfull even had a curtisy call of there head honcho in local office shortly after takeing out a new policy asking if i was happy with there service ,you wouldnt get that from the AA

JoeBones
    Free Member

Lister,

If someone tries to break into your van (or spits a stone up and cracks your windscreen) simply shoot them.

spooky_b329

I use Insurance Choice (brokers) who are OK, not so impressed with customer service but the price was OK for a self converted campervan. (self installed windows/gas/240v etc etc etc – lots of potential for fire/explosion!) Think the actually policy is with LV.

Close second was Campton Insurance Brokers, will give them serious consideration come renewall time as despite several calls, IC have still failed to send me an updated policy doc showing increased mileage I paid for.

Others are Adrian Flux and Frank Pickles.

You can get a 10 – 15% discount on the above policys if you become a member of the SBMCC for £15. http://www.sbmcc.co.uk Also discounts at lots of other suppliers if you decide to improve your van.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Adrian Flux

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Do NOT use adrian flux or just Kampers. I was with them but when I needed a claim they were worse than useless.

bullheart
    Free Member

No brainer – NFU

julianwilson
    Free Member

funny to hear reccommendations for co-op/CIS. I was with CIS but I must have got a real jobsworth on the phone when i got our utterly standard unmodified VW caravelle as they 'could not insure vans' (acording to v5 and tax its a large CAR ffs!) so i went with budget, who it turns out used the same underwriter and the same postal addres as CIS. 🙄

I have heard from other van friends that adrian flux are rather more understanding about modified vans but none have ever had to claim with them. T4 forum would be a good place to look for advice, several threads of advice/experiences about insurance for modded vans on there iirc.

VanHalen

i`m with direct line.

not claimed but they were happy with our proposed (and then completed) T4 conversion and dont charge too much

jeff

I was with CIS, very pleased as they insured our T4 as a private van with car NCB etc.

But when I asked about adding alloy wheels / lowering, their policy was absolutely NO mods at all.

So I am now with Just Kampers (who are Adrian Flux) but I would have preferred to have stayed with CIS.

numplumz
    Free Member

Another one for NFU, have always driven modified vans and they have always been the easiest and best choice.
    Hassle free when I had a major accident in Italy.

BUT
    Interested in other options as my Policy no longer covers me for driving any other vehicle third party, which can come in usefull if someone else is driving their vehicle and gets injured, you can drive.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I think the no 3rd party on other vehicles is std policy these days, I've never had the ability to do that on any of the modified vehicle policies I've taken out. Come to think of it, it might be a throw back from commercial policies as they never used to allow it either.

julianwilson
    Free Member

fwiw my policy with budget for the caravelle lets me drive other cars 3rd party with owner's permission. Although a couple of policies I've had in recent years haven't. I think it was Tesco whose blurb said it was only ever meant for emergencies, and that if you have phone reception and its the right time of day its pretty easy to arrange on the spot anyway though, its just your extra driver is covered by the vehicle they are driving, not their own insurance.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Who do you insure your van with windows with?’ is closed to new replies.